Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Cartoon Network Series Ending, No Season Three

scooby doo mystery inc endingAnimation producers (and spouses) Allison Abbate and Tony Cervone recently stopped by the Radio Rashy podcast to talk with animation writer/producer Paul Dini and his wife, actress/magician Misty Lee.

A lot of the discussion revolved around Abbate’s work on Tim Burton’s Frankenweenie feature film but Cervone, who’s a supervising producer on Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, mentioned the Cartoon Network series.

Cervone said, “There are 11 shows left that will finish the series off at 52 episodes. I’m not sure when they’re coming back. I never know when they’re coming back. If I had to guess, probably in the summer because it usually airs in the summer. But I can’t wait for these last 11 to get out for people to see them because they’re crazy.”

At 2011’s ComicCon, Cervone and fellow supervising producer Mitch Watson teased that events in the pilot episode would pay off in the 52nd episode. We now know that will be the series finale.

One of the most recent episodes, which aired last fall, featured appearances by classic Hanna-Barbera characters Blue Falcon, Dynomutt, Race Bannon, Doctor Benton Quest (Jonny’s scientist dad), and evil Doctor Zin. It turns out that Doctor Quest created the Dog Wonder!

Though Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated won’t be returning for a third season, it’s a safe bet that Scooby and the gang will return soon.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that the scho is coming to an end? What would you like to see in the last episode?

Canceled and renewed TV show

339 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Jim says

I have been watching Sccoby-Doo since 1969. I am now 50 and have been a fan my whole life. I only collect the shows and movies. No memorablia. This has been, by far, my favorite series since the original. (with the What’s New, Sccoby Doo series as my third favorite) I am very saddened to see this series go off the air. I think they had a perfect set up for a few more seasons with episode 52. I do hope that they find someone to continue the series where it left off.

2. patrick says

Whats funny is that this Scooby Doo series is the closets to being truly what The entire Scooby universe should have been, realism, people dying and their lives in danger and the gang showing their feelings for each other and the dark humor, not for kids so they canned it so they will continue to cheese it up like always

3. Joshua Youdontneedtoknow says

I really hope that they will make a third season! I have been a fan of all of the Scooby Doo Series. Scooby Dooby Doo, A Pup Named Scooby Doo, What’s New Scooby Doo, and this. I am twelve at this time, and have been watching for ages. I understand how this is a prequel to the original show, but I still hope they continue. Without the continuation, this would be the end of something I have loved for a very long time.
    With regards,
    Joshua

4. yuki88 says

I hope if we see something new from scooby doo it will be a continuation from the fianl mystery incorporated where they moved to a new school with new mysteries

• Zacula says

That’s not actually what I got from that, in a way…

See, the ending has them HEADING to the school. But they specifically mention they’re going cross-country, solving mysteries. And as they drive off, Scooby makes a joke and there’s an actual laugh track that plays, unlike the entire rest of the series.

So in short: The Mystery Incorporated gang, without any REAL ties to the rest of this world, are traveling around solving random unconnected mysteries in their van, complete with a laugh track. The entirety of “Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated” was, in fact, a prequel to the original show. Strange, but…

• yuki88 says

I understand how it a prequel but also at the same time thought the show they show the robot from the original scobby doo from one episode and also other monsterd from the original scobby doo

5. Sandra says

I’m very sorry to see this series go. I’m 39 and watch it all the time with my two boys (8 and 5). I think it has been a great reboot. I even find myself watching it without them around. I am glad they are giving it a proper ending, but I’m very disappointed by it ending.

6. Greg says

Hate to see it end, as others have said, it is a great reboot of the series. My four year old is obsessed with scooby doo and we love watching this together. I wish the powers that be would reconsider.

7. Nicole says

I’m so bummed there won’t be a season 3. I’m very grateful for the 52 episodes they did. I hope they tie it up nicely.

8. Elex says

I can’t wait – and its a shame it ends, because Mystery Incorporated is just soooo good. Now, am I a pervert for not being able to take my eyes off of the Mystery Incorporated version of Daphne?

9. daz says

what a shame! this was a truly great revamp of the series. clearly crafted with much love for detail, it had something for the young and those old enough to have seen the original series alike. it will be greatly missed in our household.

really no chance of a rethink and season three? :-(

10. says

I know it may has a reason for it to be final, but out of all scooby-doo series this show had such mysteries and a little horror and I beliave reboot is great. So why won’t you to renew it for a third season.

11. says

I wan’t to see how it ends and what the ghost meant by “The dog dies.Does he mean by scooby?Show me the episode!I tried searching at youtube,but no luck.
    What happens at the second part?What happens next?How does it end?Will scooby die?