Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Cartoon Network Series Ending, No Season Three

scooby doo mystery inc endingAnimation producers (and spouses) Allison Abbate and Tony Cervone recently stopped by the Radio Rashy podcast to talk with animation writer/producer Paul Dini and his wife, actress/magician Misty Lee.

A lot of the discussion revolved around Abbate’s work on Tim Burton’s Frankenweenie feature film but Cervone, who’s a supervising producer on Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, mentioned the Cartoon Network series.

Cervone said, “There are 11 shows left that will finish the series off at 52 episodes. I’m not sure when they’re coming back. I never know when they’re coming back. If I had to guess, probably in the summer because it usually airs in the summer. But I can’t wait for these last 11 to get out for people to see them because they’re crazy.”

At 2011’s ComicCon, Cervone and fellow supervising producer Mitch Watson teased that events in the pilot episode would pay off in the 52nd episode. We now know that will be the series finale.

One of the most recent episodes, which aired last fall, featured appearances by classic Hanna-Barbera characters Blue Falcon, Dynomutt, Race Bannon, Doctor Benton Quest (Jonny’s scientist dad), and evil Doctor Zin. It turns out that Doctor Quest created the Dog Wonder!

Though Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated won’t be returning for a third season, it’s a safe bet that Scooby and the gang will return soon.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that the scho is coming to an end? What would you like to see in the last episode?

ash August 1, 2014 at 11:04 pm

Please you have to make another season!! Add googie from scooby doo and the reluctant wear wolf and add on to the story behind scrappy like you can’t just end it I really look forward to scooby doo like I grew up with him this was an awesome tv series just no more shaggy and Velma :p bring back the gang♡♡♡♡

Helena July 31, 2014 at 11:58 am

I want more scooby doo. Ive been watching different scooby series for 25 years and id like to watch for 25 more.

LissainLenoir July 31, 2014 at 4:08 pm

My husband and I really liked the new show that was on this past weekend where the Scooby Gang met the WWE wrestlers! But it’s just not enough….we need our weekly fix back!!!

Anonymous July 31, 2014 at 1:25 am

PLEASE CREW LOOK INTO YOUR HEART DO IT FOR THE FANS DO IT FOR SCOOBYDOOBYDOO!!!!!!!!!

Night July 24, 2014 at 12:35 am

broken hearted to hear that it is not coming back!

New Jersey Fans July 23, 2014 at 7:44 pm

We are so upset that there will not be a season 3 for Scooby Doo’s gang. We have truly enjoyed the new incarnation of the Mystery Incorporated team. How about a “straight to video” release of the third season. You have at least one family in New Jersey that would buy it!

Ann Nowak July 23, 2014 at 2:03 pm

My family and I, and our friends have been watching for years. This new version with Mr E was brilliant. I hope you will reconsider for the sake of Scooby’s fans. You can’t be out of ideas these have been toothought up, and leaving them in an other demension going to a college is just the starting point we will e looking for. Thanks for so much entertainment.

Ann Nowak July 23, 2014 at 1:53 pm

My whole family and friends watched the entire episodes of Mr E. It was fantastic. Best cartoon series on tv. We are so sorry there will be no more, we hope you will reconsider for your fans.

amanda July 23, 2014 at 9:26 am

i need season 3 already please…………………..

Abigail July 23, 2014 at 2:09 am

Noooooooooo! I can’t believe it! My sister and I have been big fans! Why did they end it? I practically fainted when I heard the news. Please please please come back Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated! I need to know what happened to Cassidy, what will happen between Freddy and Daphne, and is Velma really close to Marcy now! I need answers!!!!!!!

Laura July 21, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Please finish season 3. My boys and I watch Scooby Doo all the time. We have many movies and episodes of many different Scooby Doo. However, my boys pick the new Scooby Doo to watch over and over and over and over…. Please! Please! Make season 3

Abigail July 23, 2014 at 2:10 am

I feel your pain….

Lissa Holsclaw July 20, 2014 at 11:10 pm

My husband and I are in our late 40’s and have been SD lovers all our lives…we were thrilled when this newest series started, we never missed an episode! We have been waiting and wondering when more episodes will come out, we were sure there were going to be more after the finale in which the gang got the full scholarships to go to college with the help of Dr. Harlan Ellison….now to hear it will never come back has left us in a middleaged crazy sort of limbo. Is there no hope? I am crushed!!!

Imani griffin July 18, 2014 at 8:09 pm

I am up set scooby is coming to an end, I’ve been watching since I was a baby. I wait anxiously for new season. Great things should never end.

Anonymous July 18, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Please make another season it cant just end like that me and my best friend are huge fans

candi July 18, 2014 at 5:11 pm

My kids are in tears right now…. We have always had old vhs’s of the old Scooby food, but when these new ones came out my little cuties had a whole new out look on the gang and the mystery machine. They were in love with the o.g version but this new one with an on going theme and new twist just took them to a whole new level in there Scooby crush. Sad to see it go:'(

Abhi July 19, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Be cool! Scooby-Doo is the new series which is on its way. :) I am waiting for it too.

Anonymous September 1, 2014 at 3:46 pm

I am too

Natalie July 16, 2014 at 9:31 pm

PLEASE MAKE ANOTHER SEASON! I watch this with my sister and we are soooo sad that it is over. Please make more, think about all the fans who love mystery incorporated. We would really love more.