Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Cartoon Network Series Ending, No Season Three

scooby doo mystery inc endingAnimation producers (and spouses) Allison Abbate and Tony Cervone recently stopped by the Radio Rashy podcast to talk with animation writer/producer Paul Dini and his wife, actress/magician Misty Lee.

A lot of the discussion revolved around Abbate’s work on Tim Burton’s Frankenweenie feature film but Cervone, who’s a supervising producer on Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, mentioned the Cartoon Network series.

Cervone said, “There are 11 shows left that will finish the series off at 52 episodes. I’m not sure when they’re coming back. I never know when they’re coming back. If I had to guess, probably in the summer because it usually airs in the summer. But I can’t wait for these last 11 to get out for people to see them because they’re crazy.”

At 2011’s ComicCon, Cervone and fellow supervising producer Mitch Watson teased that events in the pilot episode would pay off in the 52nd episode. We now know that will be the series finale.

One of the most recent episodes, which aired last fall, featured appearances by classic Hanna-Barbera characters Blue Falcon, Dynomutt, Race Bannon, Doctor Benton Quest (Jonny’s scientist dad), and evil Doctor Zin. It turns out that Doctor Quest created the Dog Wonder!

Though Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated won’t be returning for a third season, it’s a safe bet that Scooby and the gang will return soon.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that the scho is coming to an end? What would you like to see in the last episode?

Tammy Fore January 19, 2014 at 11:38 pm

Please do not cancel!! My 12 year old son and I love scooby doo! We have marathons all the time off our DVR! This is our special together! Now my 3 year old is starting to like scooby as we’ll”. PLEASE change your mind!!

Colleen January 17, 2014 at 12:47 pm

My 7 year old daughter and I love the show. Scooby is one of her heroes. Please consider bringing back the series.

yeeey! December 9, 2013 at 6:44 am

All scooby doo fans you don’t need to be sad because it’s going to be an scooby doo mystery incorporated season 3 and it’s commin soon in Januray 8th, 2014 .

admin December 9, 2013 at 7:45 am

I don’t know where you got your information but no, the show isn’t coming back. Sorry.

scooby-doo! December 9, 2013 at 6:31 am

NOO!!!! I HOPE IT WILL BE AN SEASON 3 PLEEAAASSSE! Just one season more(More if you can)PLEEEAAASSSEEE:'(

Abbey December 8, 2013 at 6:19 am

HOW COULD YOU SO THIS!’ I am actually crying right now, It was a huge cliffhanger and Fred and Daphne Only JUST got back together!! And I love the series so much!! PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ and How will the town become back to normal!! THINK ABOUT ALL THOSE HEART BROKEN FANS FOR EXAMPLE: ME MYSELF AND I AND MWA PLZPLZPLZ SEASON 3

Anonymous December 5, 2013 at 2:33 pm

please make a season 3 il die if not i started crying when season 2 finished i thought this is it but please make a season 3

stuart coley November 17, 2013 at 11:52 pm

Please season 3
Dont leave us hanging…

jfd November 17, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Please make a season 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( (tears)

Kim Eckhart November 3, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Please don’t let this end I am 46 years old and have been hooked on this show. My 4 year old loves the show and even my 18 year old who grew up on scooby doo loves the show. I love the plot , the cast, and all of the twists that made me like the origional series. This one is a keeper give it a better timeslot and keep it going please!

Cami October 23, 2013 at 12:22 pm

PLEASE MAKE A SEASON 3 THIS IS THE BEST CARTOON EVER !!!!!!!

Kourtney October 19, 2013 at 6:29 pm

I think this is so lame!!!! You need to return the series you left me hanging!!!! And it’s so unfair have it return I beg

Mysterious August 4, 2013 at 12:24 pm

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I BEG OF YOU PLEASE make a season 3 OR I WILL DIE! DIE!!!!

Carson June 10, 2013 at 1:33 am

This was the best Scooby Doo series ever. Fred was the best, and most developed he has ever been. The back-dropped of crystal cove provided a depth to the story line, which lets face it was desperately needed. I am sad to see it go, and I hope something changes and this is brought back.

chase June 28, 2013 at 12:06 pm

I loved this series! I really want a season 3. There was a bit of drama, romance, scare, it was the perfect series, the best scooby do ever! I really hope that some how scooby doo will come back for season 3.

SCarter May 31, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Well, I was glad this one was going, I had really hated what was done to the characters. Fred is obsessed with traps and really, really dimwitted and oblivious (almost as if it is a disability), Velma is very meanspirited and bossy, literally just deciding that Shaggy is her boyfriend and trying to get him to ignore Scooby, Scooby and Shaggy are feuding constantly, and Daphne is just worried about getting Fred’s attention all the time. This is all the main background storyline of the series. The families of the characters are really odd and strange, as is their town.
It was just a very strange show, one I’m not sure I’d want my kids to be watching because of the strange dysfunction and unhealthy relationships within the group.

But if that ‘TV movie’ episode with the Blue Falcon and Dynomutt was part of this show, I hadn’t realized it while watching it, then the show had come a long way. So now I am sad to see it go, maybe. The characters were acting like themselves and the action was still zany and over the top. If the rest of the show was going to be like that it would be awesome.

Abbey December 8, 2013 at 6:21 am

How could you not like this series? It’s amazing!! I love it

Septra March 2, 2014 at 1:27 am

I see your point about the whole wrongness in their personalities and more of their relationships with each other.

Still, personally, I like the show nonetheless.

Thetop21 May 21, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Aww don’t cancel this one!! My daughter loves it and the last episode that we watched seemed to leave it open for a great many more episodes.

Maybe I’m mistaken and there are still some episodes left to air…. I hope so…can anyone confirm if all the episodes have aired?