Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Cartoon Network Series Ending, No Season Three

scooby doo mystery inc endingAnimation producers (and spouses) Allison Abbate and Tony Cervone recently stopped by the Radio Rashy podcast to talk with animation writer/producer Paul Dini and his wife, actress/magician Misty Lee.

A lot of the discussion revolved around Abbate’s work on Tim Burton’s Frankenweenie feature film but Cervone, who’s a supervising producer on Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, mentioned the Cartoon Network series.

Cervone said, “There are 11 shows left that will finish the series off at 52 episodes. I’m not sure when they’re coming back. I never know when they’re coming back. If I had to guess, probably in the summer because it usually airs in the summer. But I can’t wait for these last 11 to get out for people to see them because they’re crazy.”

At 2011’s ComicCon, Cervone and fellow supervising producer Mitch Watson teased that events in the pilot episode would pay off in the 52nd episode. We now know that will be the series finale.

One of the most recent episodes, which aired last fall, featured appearances by classic Hanna-Barbera characters Blue Falcon, Dynomutt, Race Bannon, Doctor Benton Quest (Jonny’s scientist dad), and evil Doctor Zin. It turns out that Doctor Quest created the Dog Wonder!

Though Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated won’t be returning for a third season, it’s a safe bet that Scooby and the gang will return soon.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that the scho is coming to an end? What would you like to see in the last episode?

Lost Mystery Solver April 14, 2014 at 3:45 am

I’m 18, but I still watch Scooby-Doo. Of course, in private, as my sisters are really the only ones who realize I’m such a geek, and even they make fun of me for it. What a lot of people don’t realize, though, is that this classic teaches so many life values. Courage is something that two of the characters really have to work at, but Shaggy and Scooby are always there for the gang when they’re really needed. In this series, there are many episodes where honesty is an important lesson, and towards the end Velma learned a very important lesson. Always believe in yourself. Kids these days really need lessons like that. Without them, and with these new shows, I’m scared of what our next generations are going to be like. I know in my area my generation certainly isn’t great, imagine what it would have been without Scooby-Doo? For the kids, bring back Mystery Incorporated!
Plus, you could also bring it back for those geeks like me, who will watch it faithfully no matter how much we get made fun of for it!

Scooby's Girl April 13, 2014 at 12:03 am

Scooby-Doo was and still is one of my favorite cartoons ever! I remember watching all the original episodes on my weekends off from school. I just found this new Scooby-Doo series and got really excited! My favorite mystery gang is back! But now that it’s over there is a sad little void in my heart. :( Please bring Scooby and the gang back! I’m 21 now and still love Scooby and the gang now just as I did when I was young.

SCOOBY-DOO WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Sincerely,
Heartbroken Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Gang fan.

Lizy April 12, 2014 at 10:57 pm

I watched all the episodes in a week, I loved this show but I want more than the ending provided. PLEASE MAKE ANOTHER EPISODE, OBVIOUSLT TONS OF PEOPLE WANT IT!

Anonymous April 8, 2014 at 8:36 pm

please I’m a little girl and i love that show i started cry when i herd it ended and haven’t stopped since please bring it back i love Scooby he’s my hero :(

scooby doo April 8, 2014 at 5:07 pm

This show is the only scooby doo show with a actual story and it is a really good one! The 52nd episode left on a cliffhanger and now we wont know what ends up happening!

Moses April 8, 2014 at 2:35 am

No!!! This show made me happy… Need more mystery incorporated….

jack April 7, 2014 at 7:42 pm

I love this show

Mskcpdmdvv April 5, 2014 at 11:38 am

I cannot believe that the series has ended and I just finished watching the last episode and there’s a cliffhanger HUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B April 5, 2014 at 9:56 am

Bring back scooby doo!! I love this show and want a season 3! You can’t cancel it when there are so many people wanting a season 3

Alicia Moore April 4, 2014 at 10:20 pm

I love scoody Doo Series and I am thirteen years old and I still love it.

Anonymous April 6, 2014 at 12:33 am

same

Porschae O April 3, 2014 at 9:47 pm

I overly enjoyed this… My nickname was Scooby and I have watched nearly every single episode of Scooby Doo out there… I was entertained the entire time watching this. I’m 21 and I loved watching every second of this series. I don’t understand why there wouldn’t be a season 3 … This series is such a breath of fresh air compared to the idiocy of what’s on cartoon network now.

Come back with season 3 please!

Scooby's Girl April 13, 2014 at 12:05 am

Agreed! Best cartoon ever! Don’t like watching all those other shows they have now. Just Scooby-Doo…. *sigh*

D April 2, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Please do another season this with the most scintillating show I’ve seen come out of the US in years cartoon network you redeemed yourself or crappy shows like Johnny bravo and Calen chicken

D April 2, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Whoops typo cow And chicken

Jesus Ake April 2, 2014 at 12:17 pm

I’m really enjoying watching Scooby-Doo Mystery incorporated. I use to watch the original Scooby-Doo series in the late 70’s. When the show ended in 78 I was crushed. I have been a diehard Scooby-Doo fan my whole life. I am happy to see that the show still has popularity and love by the next generation of kids. My son and I are enjoying watching Mystery Incorporated together. For me it’s a great feeling to share a beloved character I grew up watching with my son. A third session would be wonderful for me and I’m sure for thousands of others.

There is something I would love to see happen between two of the characters. Even if there is no third session the characters Shaggy and Velma have always been my two favorites. Colleges of mine and friends agree that the two characters should end up together. Maybe on an incoming special or straight to DVD movie both characters should reconcile their difference and realize that can’t live without each other (Only a suggestion). Thank you again Cartoon Network for making me feel like a kid again and thank you again for continuing the life of my favorite Dog cartoon.

Scooby-Doo Where Are You?

A Beloved Fan

Jesus Ake April 2, 2014 at 12:20 pm

the word college should be “colleagues” Oops type O.

Rossy April 1, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Please please please Bring it back make more seasons my boys are obsessed with this show and so am I. Scooby Doo is my childhood! And it shouldn’t end! Please!!

Jesus Ake April 2, 2014 at 12:23 pm

I completely agree! It’s one of my childhood cartoons.

Ben Burger March 25, 2014 at 12:34 pm