Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Cartoon Network Series Ending, No Season Three

scooby doo mystery inc endingAnimation producers (and spouses) Allison Abbate and Tony Cervone recently stopped by the Radio Rashy podcast to talk with animation writer/producer Paul Dini and his wife, actress/magician Misty Lee.

A lot of the discussion revolved around Abbate’s work on Tim Burton’s Frankenweenie feature film but Cervone, who’s a supervising producer on Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, mentioned the Cartoon Network series.

Cervone said, “There are 11 shows left that will finish the series off at 52 episodes. I’m not sure when they’re coming back. I never know when they’re coming back. If I had to guess, probably in the summer because it usually airs in the summer. But I can’t wait for these last 11 to get out for people to see them because they’re crazy.”

At 2011’s ComicCon, Cervone and fellow supervising producer Mitch Watson teased that events in the pilot episode would pay off in the 52nd episode. We now know that will be the series finale.

One of the most recent episodes, which aired last fall, featured appearances by classic Hanna-Barbera characters Blue Falcon, Dynomutt, Race Bannon, Doctor Benton Quest (Jonny’s scientist dad), and evil Doctor Zin. It turns out that Doctor Quest created the Dog Wonder!

Though Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated won’t be returning for a third season, it’s a safe bet that Scooby and the gang will return soon.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that the scho is coming to an end? What would you like to see in the last episode?

Jybeivt May 11, 2014 at 11:24 am

MAKE MORE SEASONS

Sooby Doo's Wife May 8, 2014 at 4:27 am

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE SCOOBY DOO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!BRING ON MORE SEASONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 MORE SHOULD DO IT!!!!!!!

crysta May 2, 2014 at 3:12 am

please don’t take scooby do0 mystery incorporated off air and i am a huge fan and i really like to want to see more new episodes

Original Scooby-Doo Where Are You fan April 29, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Here’s an idea. I’ve been a fan of Scooby-Doo when it first cam out in September of 1969. Lets call on everyone who has posted in the passed and for those who will. Lets make it a mission to have someone they know who hasn’t seen the show and encourage that person to watch it then write a post. Then have that person do same to someone they know keeping this going until Cartoon Network or another network has no choice but to do season 3 and 4(How nice would that be). For those who are already doing this. Thank you! Our fight will eventually be herd.

Ps .Let Shaggy and Velma get back together.

Original Scooby-Doo Where Are You fan

Brittany April 28, 2014 at 10:18 pm

Please bring Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated back for more seasons. I’ve been a fan of Scooby since I was born and at first these new animations of the gang were weird cause I wasn’t used to it but I gave it a chance and i’m so glad I did! This was the most INTENSE Scooby series ever! Now i’m 19 year old (I know 19 still watching Scooby embarrassing) but hey I love Scooby and want to continue watching these new series. I just finished them last night and when I saw there was no season 3 I was honestly disappointed. Bring back more series!!<3

Brittany April 28, 2014 at 10:19 pm

* I ment seasons :) my bad!

scooby April 28, 2014 at 6:38 pm

PLEASE BRING IT BACK!! i fell an empty hole in me i just finished all of it and we need there to be another season! WHO’S WITH ME!

Original Scooby-Doo Where Are You fan April 29, 2014 at 1:45 pm

I’m with you. I’ve been a fan of Scooby-Doo when it first cam out in September of 1969.
I am happy to see so meany younger generation enjoy this classic and beloved series. Let get a season 3 Cartoon Network.

Original Scooby-Doo Where Are You fan

sara April 27, 2014 at 1:21 pm

BRING BACK SCOOBY DOO MYSTERY INCORPORATED! !! Please make a season 3 this show was so amazing! Scooby doo was my favorite cartoon show as a kid and now the Mystery Inc. Show is more grown up and i love it. It feels incomplete the way it ended a new season on the other side of the country going to a new university makes an awesone new season it doesnt get any more exciting and interesting than that!! Also i LOVE the Fred and Daphne scenes!!! I always knew they loved each other abnd im so happy this show let that happen. Please bring back Scooby Doo Mystery Inc.!!

blackbeard April 26, 2014 at 4:33 pm

If this the end of scooby doo mystery incorporated .I’m sorry to say that will be the worst series of scooby doo, because the ending doesn’t make any sense , but if they make season 3, this series will be the best scooby doo series

roxanne April 23, 2014 at 8:38 pm

No season 3?
I feel sort of incomplete. Mystery Incorporated brought back my love for Scooby Doo. I was such an addict for the show back in my younger years and now was really hoping for a season 3. It left all viewers at almost a cliff-hanger feeling. *sighs* Not all the good shows last, I suppose.
And the animation was great. Loved the style and the environment artwork.

Leland April 22, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Please make a season 3. The Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. cartoon has reminded me of why I love Scooby Doo. PLEASE!
Sincerely,
the #1 Scooby Doo fan of my generation!

Samantha April 20, 2014 at 4:47 pm

We would love to see season 3, all of us love the series!

blackbeard April 19, 2014 at 1:34 pm

The ending doesn’t make any sense , it should be season 3

Alma Chavez April 18, 2014 at 1:59 am

Make season 3. My whole family is hoping for another season

bell April 17, 2014 at 4:12 am

Please kedp going! I finished the whole 2 seasons in one night!I loved it soo much. But plz make fred and daphnie more lovy dovy that’s also the reason why I love it

Brittany April 28, 2014 at 10:23 pm

Omg I did the same thing! XD hahahaha! The whole season 2 in one night! I was doing the whole “Okay one more episode then im done” thing then I realized I finished it! Lol

brea April 15, 2014 at 9:53 am

yes i would like to see that last season 3. i want to know what happen and i been watching every show, every season since it came out. Scooby and the gang is and always will be my all the time my favorite childhood cartoon. It is the best even till this day. Please you have to bring it back and keep it going. It is one of the best scooby shows since a pup name scooby doo and scooby do where are you. it is a new version and i like it so much. It had you waiting for the new epsiode to come out so you can watch it and then talk about it later.
PLEASE OOH PLEASE BRING IT BACK