Scrubs: ABC TV Show Cancelled, No Season 10

ScrubsAfter seasons of poor ratings and several cast members moving on, ABC has finally put the Scrubs TV show to rest.

Scrubs follows hospital life as seen through the eyes of Dr. J.D. Dorian (Zach Braff). He left Sacred Heart last season but returns occasionally to help teach a new crop of med students. Others in the cast include Donald Faison, John C. McGinley, Ken Jenkins, Sarah Chalke, Eliza Coupe, Kerry Bishe, Michael Mosley, and Dave Franco.

Last May, despite poor ratings, ABC decided to try to squeeze one more year out of the veteran sitcom. The reason? ABC also produces Scrubs and stood to make big money on additional episodes in syndication.

The network kicked off season nine late last year and registered a low 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demo and only 4.5 million viewers. The numbers dropped even further and ABC decided to burn off most of the remaining episodes in January.

In March, ABC aired the final episode of the season. The network’s website promoted it as the “series finale.” We contacted a representative for ABC who told us that it was a mistake but nobody was in any rush to change it.

Now, it appears that ABC has finally cancelled Scrubs after nine seasons on the air. With more than 180 episodes, the sitcom won’t be coming back.

What do you think? Should Scrubs have returned after last season’s Braff send off? Did you like the “med school” setting and characters?

fa August 25, 2012 at 7:03 pm

.Not Fair! i was looking forward to see an ending to it, so disappointed last episode of season 9 they cant just leave us like that, we deserve a finale. i feel like i wasted my time watching all the seasons for nothing.

Erin August 14, 2012 at 5:41 pm

I love scrubs I think you should bring back the old cast members and have another season please!! One more couldn’t hurt

felicia gerlach August 9, 2012 at 10:29 am

I really enjoyed the med school episodes!! Bring it back!!

Egle August 7, 2012 at 7:10 am

NO THIS IS NOT FAIR BRING SCRUBS BACK!!!

randall August 2, 2012 at 3:12 am

that is not cool its a great show and i think that they should bring it back just one more season couldnt hurt so please at least one more

Mom2JWN July 31, 2012 at 4:28 pm

I love Scrubs, JD & Dr Cox were my fave characters, followed closely by Janitor. MOst of the cast was amazing, my least fave was Elliott for some reason I just couldn’t bring myself to like her.
Season 9 was the worst & I kind of wish I wouldn’t have started watching it because it kind of ruined the show. And it was never the same without JD, he & Turk had such an amazing relationship, that it was really missed when both of them weren’t on the show together.

jeramey November 8, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Yes I completely agree with you. Turk and J.D.s relationship was what got you attached to the show. Its not right to end scrubs like this it was such a awesome and fun show to watch and get connected to. I say dont build up such a great show like this and the perfect characters if it is all going to go down to an ending like this. The whole time I watched season 9 I was dissapointed and upset that they had gotten rid of everything and I hoped closer and closer I got to episode 13 the final episode that it was going to bring everyone together and have a good ending together and make you feel happy about finishing off the show, but sadly no it didnt. And I wish they would bring it back for a final season 10 with everyone to show how they’re lives turn out onto a happy ending. Bring back scrubs!

Jacques July 29, 2012 at 3:09 pm

This season was pretty funny. I liked the idea of it being based in a medical school. I watched the full season in less than 24 hours since it was so funny and addicting that I couldn’t stop. Please bring it back for another season and at least finish the student’s story line.

Egle August 7, 2012 at 7:11 am

exactly, it sucks that they didn’t even finish it properly

Gabby July 24, 2012 at 7:05 pm

I really enjoyed watching scrubs season 9 was hilarious pleaaaaaaaassseee bring back scrubs with a nice season 10 :D ?

loveheals July 23, 2012 at 4:35 pm

the show was better until they replaced a lot of cast members in season 9 which I am sorry it sucked compared to the old ones they failed with it.

Anonymous July 16, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Please season 10! season 9 was my Favorite out of all of them.

juan July 7, 2012 at 2:02 am

Season 10 please

Tori July 3, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Scrubs was always a funny show! Season 9 was my favorite ! The new cast made it so much funnier with Dave Franco and the girl who played Lucy. The relationships in season 9 were hilarious! I loved them all. I just wish they didn’t cancel Scrubs. It will be missed! </3

todd s July 2, 2012 at 10:32 am

I watched every single scrubs episode on tv and then rewatched it on netflix. It is the best show abc has ever put up and nothing is gonna replace it. Season 9 wasn’t the same as the good old days of scrubs but the new characters really grew on me and the new relationships forming was great. I think they should make another tv series with those med students and have guest appearances from the old cast.

Anonymous August 6, 2012 at 9:14 am

worded the best

Natasha3 July 1, 2012 at 5:38 pm

So not fair!The season 9 was my favorite season so far.Pls we want another season.pls.pls.plsssssssssssssssssss.Just one more

Rayne June 24, 2012 at 8:17 pm

I used to watch the show on ABC but watched all of the seasons on Netflix. I loved Scrubs cried my eyes out at the end of season 8, honestly was pretty dissapointed with season 9 “Med School” at first i wished I had never started watching it because it kind of ruined it for me, but i guess it grew on me and it wasnt so bad. I really miss the old scrubs its my favorite show of all times and I wish it didnt have to end.