Scrubs: ABC TV Show Cancelled, No Season 10

ScrubsAfter seasons of poor ratings and several cast members moving on, ABC has finally put the Scrubs TV show to rest.

Scrubs follows hospital life as seen through the eyes of Dr. J.D. Dorian (Zach Braff). He left Sacred Heart last season but returns occasionally to help teach a new crop of med students. Others in the cast include Donald Faison, John C. McGinley, Ken Jenkins, Sarah Chalke, Eliza Coupe, Kerry Bishe, Michael Mosley, and Dave Franco.

Last May, despite poor ratings, ABC decided to try to squeeze one more year out of the veteran sitcom. The reason? ABC also produces Scrubs and stood to make big money on additional episodes in syndication.

The network kicked off season nine late last year and registered a low 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demo and only 4.5 million viewers. The numbers dropped even further and ABC decided to burn off most of the remaining episodes in January.

In March, ABC aired the final episode of the season. The network’s website promoted it as the “series finale.” We contacted a representative for ABC who told us that it was a mistake but nobody was in any rush to change it.

Now, it appears that ABC has finally cancelled Scrubs after nine seasons on the air. With more than 180 episodes, the sitcom won’t be coming back.

What do you think? Should Scrubs have returned after last season’s Braff send off? Did you like the “med school” setting and characters?

dean January 1, 2013 at 10:51 pm

no no no yall are wrong it should have ended at season 8…… ever heard the saying quit while youre ahead? all great things must come to an end, shame on abc for trying to squeeze every last dollar out of a great series.

Quincy December 19, 2012 at 8:38 pm

I really hope it gets brought back, this show is amazing and has actually inspired me in ways. I just finished season 8 and am starting on 9. So far, it’s ok, but come on, why lose all the main characters? This is my all time favorite show and I would love too see more of ALL THE MAIN CHARACTERS. Bring it back now!

Ashley December 18, 2012 at 12:55 am

There has to be a season 10, I’ve can’t get enough scrubs, I’ve seen every episode at least twice.. Love the new med school settings and the new members of the scrubs cast. But I do love the janitor :)

Robyn Heinen December 9, 2012 at 3:14 pm

I believe that there should be a 10th season of “Scrubs”. Yes although the 9th season was a little un normal than the others. It still leaves so many un anwsered questions in my teast. Like does Elliott and J.D. have the baby? And so many more

Paul Bakker December 8, 2012 at 2:02 pm

If you see all seasons after each other. Then Season 9 is just disappointing. i didn’t watch scrubs for some time and got into season 9. and it’s not that bad at all it is pretty good and funny. Would love to see more seasons with the new cast/crew. But Turk is doing all kind of new sitcoms nowadays. And so do a lot of other characters on the show. So i think it won’t be happening.

jeremy December 2, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Scrubs season 9 was bad they should have ended at season 8 it wouldve been a better series finale. Some of the bad things about season 9 was the main character J.D. was only there for half the season and the janitor wasnt there elliot was rarly there, and when jd was there he rarly treated a patient season 9 was the worst season failier i have ever seen out of ever tv series ive ever seen

But it would ne cool the see a scrubs movie in theaters, the first 8 seasons make it my favorite show ever, because they have all seasons on netflix and dont even watch season 9

Aaron November 27, 2012 at 2:58 am

I went from S1E1 to S9E13 on Netflix in a matter of weeks, and I love this show. Season 9 takes some getting used to, coming from the earlier seasons, but I adapted to the new characters: they still managed to be funny and maintain the spirit of the show, even if JD wasn’t there all the time. In a way, that was Ok, because JD’s shtick was really getting old, after a while: c’mon, man, after five years, let alone five days, shouldn’t you adapt and get over the whole Dr. Cox adulation / father figure thing? That got tiresome. How insecure can you get? I know your dad was an aloof clod – RIP John Ritter – but you have to man up at some point.

What I’d like to see, since ABC won’t ever bring this back as a series, is a movie. I don’t know how or what, or care about the plot, but I’d definitely pay cash money at the theater – to which I have not been, without my grand-daughter, in years – to see the gang, old and new, together again, to gain some closure. Season 9, episode 13 just doesn’t cut it. And I need Carla: that little chica provided more than a little spice to the show. It wasn’t all JD, or even JD and Turk. And don’t get me started on Elliot, aka Sarah Chalke. She makes my heart flutter, even if I’m married. However, I’m not holding my breath for a movie. It would just be THE coolest thing, evar!! In case Bill Lawrence is listening…

Jeff November 25, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Med school is fine, but they would need to bring back all the main characters.

Alicia November 20, 2012 at 5:05 pm

MORE! Best show ever! I loved season 9 the best! And that totally was not a good place to end! Does Cole become a surgeon? Do Cole and Lucy make it? What about Drew and Denise? Come on people! Can you really tell me you don’t want to know the answers?

BRING BACK SCRUBS!

Tim November 15, 2012 at 9:00 am

Yeah, bring em back, this show may not be as popular as the rest, but still it is a great thing to watch.

Hailee November 13, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I love this show! I would love for it to be brought back at least for one last season!!!!!

jeramey November 8, 2012 at 10:46 pm

The Med school “change” was a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE idea. I watched the entire show of scrubs in about just 3 months. So yes I got very much into the show. I wish they would bring it back because I honestly think the reason scrubs got a poop rating in the end was because of season 9. They took away J.D. and Carla and Eliot, they were the face of the show and main characters. The way scrubs ended was terrible. Yes I wouldn’t of minded the med school. BUT only if there wouldn’t of gotten rid of the main characters. Seperating Turk and j.d.? They were themain characters. I hate to waste my time watching a good show like this when it just goes to a bad last season and ending. When you build up a big family-like group like Turk, j.d., carla eliot and the rest of the gang, this is what geys people attached to shows. You could at least have them all together and make up a hood last season and have

Serg November 8, 2012 at 12:48 am

I like the new “Med School” cast. They are hilarious.

ryo jeon November 8, 2012 at 9:44 pm

really? are you joking?

Hi April 3, 2013 at 5:56 pm

They were ok but personally it was a bad idea to stop showing they main characters.

Collin Shelton November 4, 2012 at 3:20 pm

This is my favorite show I watch it all the time. I have seen every episode please, bring it back.

Adish October 30, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Hey this show makes me happy… You can’t drop a show like that. Maybe people did not know how cool it is, hence, the poor rating. But now it’s all good, see how many people are asking for Scrubs to be back.. WE WANT SCRUBS. And yeah, the med school thing, hmm, drop that!! Bring back Dorian and the others.

Hi April 3, 2013 at 5:57 pm