Scrubs: ABC TV Show Cancelled, No Season 10

ScrubsAfter seasons of poor ratings and several cast members moving on, ABC has finally put the Scrubs TV show to rest.

Scrubs follows hospital life as seen through the eyes of Dr. J.D. Dorian (Zach Braff). He left Sacred Heart last season but returns occasionally to help teach a new crop of med students. Others in the cast include Donald Faison, John C. McGinley, Ken Jenkins, Sarah Chalke, Eliza Coupe, Kerry Bishe, Michael Mosley, and Dave Franco.

Last May, despite poor ratings, ABC decided to try to squeeze one more year out of the veteran sitcom. The reason? ABC also produces Scrubs and stood to make big money on additional episodes in syndication.

The network kicked off season nine late last year and registered a low 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demo and only 4.5 million viewers. The numbers dropped even further and ABC decided to burn off most of the remaining episodes in January.

In March, ABC aired the final episode of the season. The network’s website promoted it as the “series finale.” We contacted a representative for ABC who told us that it was a mistake but nobody was in any rush to change it.

Now, it appears that ABC has finally cancelled Scrubs after nine seasons on the air. With more than 180 episodes, the sitcom won’t be coming back.

What do you think? Should Scrubs have returned after last season’s Braff send off? Did you like the “med school” setting and characters?

david ruiz June 23, 2013 at 10:25 am

please continue scrubs, best show ever ! also in The Netherlands, Europe

Anonymous June 18, 2013 at 1:47 am

We need scrubs ok! Dave Franco YES! But otherwise it’s a great series and I really think they should finish season 9 but also make a season 10 and even more. I hope ABC sees this cause a lot of people really enjoyed the series. Just because one year had low ratings doesn’t mean that the other years will. Please think about this. More MED SCHOOL! It’s a new cast people need to get used to it. This always happens let it come back. Thank you ! I really enjoyed it! Have a nice day! PS BRING IT THE FRIGGLE BACK! (quoted by: Lucy Bennett)

Anonymous June 18, 2013 at 1:02 am

Dave franco ♥

Anonymous June 15, 2013 at 1:44 pm

They sould have definetly had a season 10. I was not satisfyed with the ending of season 9. I did like the new charators, although they were ones i have seen before.

Anonymous June 10, 2013 at 6:37 am

Season 9 wasn’t fully completed it just stopped. But with Season 8 they finished it off with good stuff. They should not have made a Season 9

haydn June 9, 2013 at 7:26 am

Season 9 (med school) was the best season. Make a season 10 of med school

Anonymous June 15, 2013 at 1:45 pm

There won’t be a season 10.

John May 20, 2013 at 4:11 am

We want Scrubs back, but with the real characters and the head of J.D again, season 9 was a flop imo, but if you would bring back everyone once again, including the janitor, I would cry with happiness

Anonymous May 17, 2013 at 2:16 pm

work it hard and get scrubs back on the air , it was the best

hi April 26, 2013 at 9:56 am

MORE SCRUBS!!!

Sandy April 14, 2013 at 4:53 pm

I Loved scrubs!!! until season 9. I personally did not like season 9. I Did not like the fact that the majority of the main characters were cut and replaced with a bunch of annoying people who can’t act! Bring back JD , Carla, Kelso, Elliot, Ted and Janitor and maybe ratings will go back up!! Its not scrubs without all those people!

mady April 10, 2013 at 5:14 pm

I LOVED SCRUBS even the last season because of David Franco… They should have kept it on air

Hi April 3, 2013 at 1:30 pm

MOAR SCRUBS!!! Sorry for the capitals but I would be so excited and happy if Scrubs came back because it was a fantastic show and my family loves the show. The pilot episode was a great introduction to the show and the first episodes did a great job of creating this new world. I also believe that as long as they keep the same comedy this show could possibly get great ratings because look at the shows abc has now, scrubs in my opinion is better than at least 1 or two of those shows. They don’t even have to keep the same cast, just cast people who have the same personalities as the original cast and make the world of scrubs we all know and love return, although it’d be great to see the original cast but if they don’t or can’t just cast people with the same personalities. I know you probably won’t see this but if you do abc, please hear our thoughts and please, bring Scrubs back. If you do we’ll all be :) but if you don’t we’ll be :( P.S. Sorry for this long rant I just really love the show. P.P.S. Try to make more than one or two seasons but if you can’t I understand.

Me March 23, 2013 at 11:42 pm

GET IT BACK ON THE AIR !!! :)

Anonymous February 16, 2013 at 4:37 am

I live in the UK and have watched Scrubs from the start. I am so disappointed that there will be no Series 10. Although Srubs is a comedy drama, a lot of the episodes have a learning curve for the general public to learn about medical conditions which helps people with medical dificulties.

Jorge Luis February 11, 2013 at 4:28 pm

They should take out the last season!!!! I still watch this show with or with out zach braff… We want SCRUBS BACK!!!! Thank you