Scrubs: ABC TV Show Cancelled, No Season 10

ScrubsAfter seasons of poor ratings and several cast members moving on, ABC has finally put the Scrubs TV show to rest.

Scrubs follows hospital life as seen through the eyes of Dr. J.D. Dorian (Zach Braff). He left Sacred Heart last season but returns occasionally to help teach a new crop of med students. Others in the cast include Donald Faison, John C. McGinley, Ken Jenkins, Sarah Chalke, Eliza Coupe, Kerry Bishe, Michael Mosley, and Dave Franco.

Last May, despite poor ratings, ABC decided to try to squeeze one more year out of the veteran sitcom. The reason? ABC also produces Scrubs and stood to make big money on additional episodes in syndication.

The network kicked off season nine late last year and registered a low 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demo and only 4.5 million viewers. The numbers dropped even further and ABC decided to burn off most of the remaining episodes in January.

In March, ABC aired the final episode of the season. The network’s website promoted it as the “series finale.” We contacted a representative for ABC who told us that it was a mistake but nobody was in any rush to change it.

Now, it appears that ABC has finally cancelled Scrubs after nine seasons on the air. With more than 180 episodes, the sitcom won’t be coming back.

What do you think? Should Scrubs have returned after last season’s Braff send off? Did you like the “med school” setting and characters?

Canceled and renewed TV show

683 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Aron says

I loves season 9 !!! Especially dave franco he’s so attractive <3 , I wish there was going to be a season 10 :'(

2. Anonymous says

I thought that season 9 was really good and i loved the med school students! It was neat to see the new characters interacting with the new ones, i think its a shame that the show wont return! I was sooo looking forward to seeing what happnd with J.D and Elliots baby, plus to see what happens with the med students, like do they all start working at the hospital? Or do they go off somewhere else. And do Cole and Lucy & Denise and Drew stay togather? I really think they should make a season 10!!!

3. Sky says

Really gutted its canceled. Won’t to know about Elliot’s baby, JD and all of them. Med students are amazing! Can’t believe that’s it. :'(

4. Vivian says

I loved the Med school and the characters, and I also would love to know more about those characters. It sucks it got cancelled :-(

5. Stephanie says

No! It honestly should continue on. Although the last couple of seasons weren’t spectacular they still made me lauh and it was still enjoyable. Also, who doesn’t mind watching Dave Franco. However, if the ratings are so low i do understand why it is being discontinued. Regardless, i loved the show and I will miss it.

6. Anonymous says

no i think the hospital seasons where alot better and i wish dr cox would have been even meaner to drew then he was to jd not nicer

7. Kat says

I finally found another great show, I am really sorry it got cancelled. I liked the new characters, and I would like to know more about them.