Scrubs: ABC TV Show Cancelled, No Season 10

ScrubsAfter seasons of poor ratings and several cast members moving on, ABC has finally put the Scrubs TV show to rest.

Scrubs follows hospital life as seen through the eyes of Dr. J.D. Dorian (Zach Braff). He left Sacred Heart last season but returns occasionally to help teach a new crop of med students. Others in the cast include Donald Faison, John C. McGinley, Ken Jenkins, Sarah Chalke, Eliza Coupe, Kerry Bishe, Michael Mosley, and Dave Franco.

Last May, despite poor ratings, ABC decided to try to squeeze one more year out of the veteran sitcom. The reason? ABC also produces Scrubs and stood to make big money on additional episodes in syndication.

The network kicked off season nine late last year and registered a low 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demo and only 4.5 million viewers. The numbers dropped even further and ABC decided to burn off most of the remaining episodes in January.

In March, ABC aired the final episode of the season. The network’s website promoted it as the “series finale.” We contacted a representative for ABC who told us that it was a mistake but nobody was in any rush to change it.

Now, it appears that ABC has finally cancelled Scrubs after nine seasons on the air. With more than 180 episodes, the sitcom won’t be coming back.

What do you think? Should Scrubs have returned after last season’s Braff send off? Did you like the “med school” setting and characters?

Kloe January 9, 2014 at 11:41 pm

I want there to be a season 10 and by looking at these comments there should be and Dave Franco should be in it

Aron October 27, 2013 at 9:41 pm

I loves season 9 !!! Especially dave franco he’s so attractive <3 , I wish there was going to be a season 10 :'(

Oliver October 23, 2013 at 6:08 pm

Scrubs ended with Season 8. Period.

Jelle January 10, 2014 at 10:00 am

da truth

Anonymous October 23, 2013 at 3:59 pm

I thought season nine was great I was hoping for an season 10 coming season nine was funny to me I love it

Anonymous October 20, 2013 at 5:46 pm

I thought that season 9 was really good and i loved the med school students! It was neat to see the new characters interacting with the new ones, i think its a shame that the show wont return! I was sooo looking forward to seeing what happnd with J.D and Elliots baby, plus to see what happens with the med students, like do they all start working at the hospital? Or do they go off somewhere else. And do Cole and Lucy & Denise and Drew stay togather? I really think they should make a season 10!!!

lindsay September 15, 2013 at 3:23 am

I fricken LOVED LOVED LOVE season 9!!!! Especially with Dave Franco!!!! So gorgeous!!!!<3

Nancy September 21, 2013 at 6:29 am

I agree Lindsay!! <3 At first I was annoyed that the originals were out but the new people out me hooked for a different feel! Cole out me hella laughing for reals!

Anonymous October 10, 2013 at 7:43 pm

I don’t know it felt just … weird… I guess

norah September 6, 2013 at 11:57 am

Scrubs is my favourite tv show ever ! I really hope they do another season :(

norah September 6, 2013 at 11:56 am

I’m really bummed that scrubs is over ! I think there should be more seasons I loved the med students !

hailey August 16, 2013 at 4:47 am

Dave Franco is amazing and i loved season nine there should be another

Julio July 27, 2013 at 5:01 am

Maybe a TV movie? Just to end the history the way it should :(

Sky July 15, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Really gutted its canceled. Won’t to know about Elliot’s baby, JD and all of them. Med students are amazing! Can’t believe that’s it. :'(

Vivian July 10, 2013 at 2:59 am

I loved the Med school and the characters, and I also would love to know more about those characters. It sucks it got cancelled :-(

Stephanie July 9, 2013 at 2:46 pm

No! It honestly should continue on. Although the last couple of seasons weren’t spectacular they still made me lauh and it was still enjoyable. Also, who doesn’t mind watching Dave Franco. However, if the ratings are so low i do understand why it is being discontinued. Regardless, i loved the show and I will miss it.

Anonymous July 2, 2013 at 2:32 am

no i think the hospital seasons where alot better and i wish dr cox would have been even meaner to drew then he was to jd not nicer

Kat June 29, 2013 at 9:56 am

I finally found another great show, I am really sorry it got cancelled. I liked the new characters, and I would like to know more about them.