Scrubs: ABC TV Show Cancelled, No Season 10

ScrubsAfter seasons of poor ratings and several cast members moving on, ABC has finally put the Scrubs TV show to rest.

Scrubs follows hospital life as seen through the eyes of Dr. J.D. Dorian (Zach Braff). He left Sacred Heart last season but returns occasionally to help teach a new crop of med students. Others in the cast include Donald Faison, John C. McGinley, Ken Jenkins, Sarah Chalke, Eliza Coupe, Kerry Bishe, Michael Mosley, and Dave Franco.

Last May, despite poor ratings, ABC decided to try to squeeze one more year out of the veteran sitcom. The reason? ABC also produces Scrubs and stood to make big money on additional episodes in syndication.

The network kicked off season nine late last year and registered a low 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demo and only 4.5 million viewers. The numbers dropped even further and ABC decided to burn off most of the remaining episodes in January.

In March, ABC aired the final episode of the season. The network’s website promoted it as the “series finale.” We contacted a representative for ABC who told us that it was a mistake but nobody was in any rush to change it.

Now, it appears that ABC has finally cancelled Scrubs after nine seasons on the air. With more than 180 episodes, the sitcom won’t be coming back.

What do you think? Should Scrubs have returned after last season’s Braff send off? Did you like the “med school” setting and characters?

bryan July 12, 2014 at 9:40 pm

I dont know why they would cancel season 9 in mid freaking season. I love scrubs. It just pains me to see how it ended. There was no closure at all. We didn’t see what happend between drew and dr.M. we didnt see if coel became a good surgeon. We didnt see elliots and jd baby. So many things left un answered. We need closure. They should at least give one of the greatest sitcoms ever a proper ending. I have literally watched every season of scrubs hundreds of times. They cant do that to us.

Brandon July 11, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Scrubs will be forever my favorite TV show. It needs to come back.

erika July 2, 2014 at 7:27 am

It was interesting TV show. Just finished very badly – no end. I would like it to come back!!!

janilee June 12, 2014 at 3:28 pm

They should have given season 9 a real chance, even though DR JD was out, it got interesting as to what the new students were to get up to…and they ended it sooooo stupidly omw… BRING BACK SCRUBS!!!!!!!!

Emely Montoya June 12, 2014 at 12:52 am

HONESTLY THEY SHOULD MAKE SCRUBS COME BACK! IT WAS SUCH A GOOOD SHOW. I HONESTLY DONT LIKE HOW THEY REPLACED DR.DORIAN AND THE MAIN CHARACTERS THEY SHOULDVE KEPT IN SEASON 9 MAYBE THATS WHAT MADE THE RATING GO DOWN. BUT I REALLY DONT CARE KELLY IS A GOOD ACTER BUT NOT AS MUCH AS DR.DORIAN THEY SHOULD RETURN SCRUBS ON AIR, I MISS IT AND I HONOSTLY WATCHED ALL THE 9 SEASONS THROUGH NETFLIX. THATS HOW MUCH I LOVED IT! THEY NEED TO MAKE IT COME BACK ON ITS SUCH A GREAT SHOW AND VERY FUNNY. I WILL DISAGREE ON ABC FAMILY ON EVERYTHING THEY NEED TO PUT IT BACK ON AIR. I THINK PEOPLE WOULD START TO WATCH IT. LETS JUST HOPE THAT SCRUBS OR SCRUBS:ITERNS CONTINUES……..

Emely Montoya June 12, 2014 at 12:48 am

Lindsey June 9, 2014 at 4:10 pm

I loved it! I watched all nine seasons on Netflix and season 9 was great. It should definitely come back

Alex Sturgess May 30, 2014 at 6:18 pm

They should definitely carry on with the ‘Med School’, it was great and much better than the last series of Scrubs itself

Jenna olson May 26, 2014 at 2:23 am

Yes I do I think they should continue snd go on. I love scrubs and my life is boring without them.

Daszkov May 15, 2014 at 5:10 am

Well, I liked the old sacred heart better than the new one and for me the series finale was the last episode of season 8, when JD moved on. By making “Scrubs” a TV show about teaching students in med school, they killed something beautiful. I have never laughed so hard in my life than while watching “Scrubs 1-8″ and for me it will remain an immortal TV show and also the best sitcom anyone has ever produced. They should have ended it on season 8…

Emely Montoya June 12, 2014 at 12:51 am

I totally agree I mean not to offend Kelly but Dr.Dorian and his Bestfriend were a great comedian parterns

ido July 24, 2014 at 6:59 pm

I totally agree with you. Season 8 would have been a great ending but even if season 9 wasn’t as good I would still love to see more episodes

Sabrina March 27, 2014 at 10:27 pm

I wish they continue those seasons for ever like general hospital 65 years of seasons, it’s unfair to rate this tv show as below rated by viewers. I love comady medical shows hope wishing come back to real live board cast on tv with our favorite celebrities from the scrubs tv show.

LillySnowFlake March 25, 2014 at 4:56 pm

I disagree they should have continued another season and made it the finale properly. I loved the old cast and I was liking the new cast and setting too.

I was very sad to hear that this has been canceled.

ferry February 5, 2014 at 2:36 pm

i fainted when i read that scrubs is quitting. i really hate it. because i love it. they say that not much people watch it but common people. its funny, they have a good dialog. its best show ever. it Always get me to watch. even a episode i have seen 100 times. i watch scrubs almost every day when i get back from school or work. so please make it come back. brainstorm about making it more profit. so the show will continu. its so good i would pray for it. that have to say something ;)

Felix February 1, 2014 at 9:11 am

By far, I am huge fans of Scrubs. I do wish it will never end. As Season 9 still left hanging. Having Zach Braff as Dr JD and his best friend Donald Faison as Dr Chris Turk were the best moment to watch and hilarious. The romance between JD and Elliot are also amazing. I have been watching Scrubs through my teenagers life and till adult. It never gets old, I do hope it will be continues from where it hanging.

Alex January 25, 2014 at 2:37 pm

It sucks that it had to be cancelled because in my opinon the ninth season was by far the best season because of the new characters especially Dave Franco. They would’ve gotten many more viewers just because of the fact that Dave Franco was on the show.