Scrubs: ABC TV Show Cancelled, No Season 10

ScrubsAfter seasons of poor ratings and several cast members moving on, ABC has finally put the Scrubs TV show to rest.

Scrubs follows hospital life as seen through the eyes of Dr. J.D. Dorian (Zach Braff). He left Sacred Heart last season but returns occasionally to help teach a new crop of med students. Others in the cast include Donald Faison, John C. McGinley, Ken Jenkins, Sarah Chalke, Eliza Coupe, Kerry Bishe, Michael Mosley, and Dave Franco.

Last May, despite poor ratings, ABC decided to try to squeeze one more year out of the veteran sitcom. The reason? ABC also produces Scrubs and stood to make big money on additional episodes in syndication.

The network kicked off season nine late last year and registered a low 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demo and only 4.5 million viewers. The numbers dropped even further and ABC decided to burn off most of the remaining episodes in January.

In March, ABC aired the final episode of the season. The network’s website promoted it as the “series finale.” We contacted a representative for ABC who told us that it was a mistake but nobody was in any rush to change it.

Now, it appears that ABC has finally cancelled Scrubs after nine seasons on the air. With more than 180 episodes, the sitcom won’t be coming back.

What do you think? Should Scrubs have returned after last season’s Braff send off? Did you like the “med school” setting and characters?

Canceled and renewed TV show

686 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. bicyclejesus says

Season 9. The cast was good, the writing held up to the previous slapstick standards. Unfortunately the finale flatlined like an interns patient on his first day on-call.

• cubrilopetar11 says

Huh? How can anyone not like the finale of season 9? When he was leaving the hospital and making his speech, and all the people on the side, and then when he imagined the future. That was a beatiful scene. Tell me, what exactly don’t you like about it?

• cubrilopetar11 says

Oh wait sorry, I was talking about season 8. Season 9 finale really stunk.
      But what do you think of the season 8 finale?

2. Chri says

i dont like season 9 because in the first 8 seasons i felt with the actors and it was much funnier than season 9. And it was also important for the 8 seasons before because we had seen how the relationsships became existing. in season 9 it was only good that JD was in a few episoden there. but the main actors like donald faison, sahra chalke etc. did a really good job and made season 9 better.

3. says

I love Scrubs!!! I have watched all the 183 episodes three times on Netflix and can recite some lines from the show. Scrubs is a part of my life. If Scrubs doesn’t come back I might die. Jk

4. says

YES! I like this Sitcom Series I LOVE SCRUBS and i have just finished to watch every episodes in all seasons for the whole week =Scrubs marathon i the last episode in seasone 9 wasn’t really a good end because the whole series just ended for good and thier last episode did end with the last second in the episode with a funeral and i didn’t like that end what happend with Elliots and J.D’s kid? And what happend with Turk and Carlas second kid?

5. Gary says

Abc did a horrible job with the last season you made more questions with the ninth season like when did they get a lecture hall in the hospital what happened to Carla how is jd doing at the new hospital if nothing else make another episode to answer these problems

• Dee says

It’s a different building. They said that in the first episode. They tore down the old building and moved the hospital to the med school campus.

6. anonymous says

I love scrubs I got hooked after some friends were watching and I had to watch it. I wasnt sure about the med school but it was pretty good and I wanted to see what happened to jd and elliot with the new baby. I am very disappointed that they dont have anything more…..

7. Anonymous says

I miss this show so much it hurts sometimes. I wasn’t as thrilled with the med school direction the show took, but would gladly still watch it just to see Dr. Cox each week. Just got through watching the entire series on Netflix, for the umpteenth time. Please bring back Scrubs! Netflix should pick it up as a series similar to how they did Arrested Development.

8. Anonymous says

I love scrubs and I especially liked season 9 because one of my favorite actors dave franco was in it

9. ido says

Scurbs is my favorite tv show ever. Season 9 was not nearly as good as the other seasons and I didnt like the new cast but I still love the show and a 9 season tv show can not end like that… even if season 9 wasn’t good I would like to see every episode out there