Sean Saves the World: Season One Ratings

sean saves the world TV show ratingsSean Hayes was part of NBC‘s hit Will & Grace sitcom on Thursday nights. Will Sean Saves the World be a ratings success as well or will it be cancelled after one season instead? We shall see.

Sean Saves the World revolves around a single gay man (Hayes) who had a hard time juggling his work and his overbearing mom (Linda Lavin) even before his teenage daughter (Samantha Isler) came to live with him. The rest of the cast includes Megan Hilty, Echo Kellum, and Thomas Lennon.

11/08 update: NBC has ordered five more episodes.

01/28 update: NBC has shut down production and cancelled this series.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like the Sean Saves the World TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for second season?

Patricia Lamoreaux April 10, 2014 at 3:36 pm

I love Sean Saves the World I really hope it comes back to NBC we need to give it a chance there are so many new shows that came out at the same time please please bring the show back it is so funny and I think people will love it as well if they have a chance to see the show.

Linda April 10, 2014 at 8:56 pm

I agree!

Elle April 10, 2014 at 11:27 pm

They cancelled it….and did not even air the whole season!

Dorothea February 16, 2014 at 9:19 pm

This was by far the funniest new comedy series on any network. The show was canceled to fast without giving it a chance to find its audience. Please bring it back and give it a chance with fresh advertising so people will know to watch.

If NBC doesn’t bring it back another station should pick it up, that’s how strongly I feel that this show should remain on the air.

Allyn Conroy February 17, 2014 at 12:28 pm

I think Sean Saves The World is one of the funniest shows. I think the cast is perfect.
I don’t understand why good shows are never given a chance? I think the netwoek should try a different time slot or day before they give up. Sean is such a good actor. My whole family loves this show. We will truly miss it.

Linda February 5, 2014 at 9:57 am

It has been getting better and better with each episode…Lida Lavin is great as his mother – I love Sean and think it should be renewed.

Linda February 5, 2014 at 9:58 am

I meant Linda Lavin……sent it too fast! :)

gabriel January 20, 2014 at 1:44 am

This show is awesome. Please give this show a chance. My whole family loves this show. My family never laughed together so much when watching tv. This show captured all our attention. We are ages 8 to 55.

Linda February 5, 2014 at 10:00 am

I agree! :)

louis3000 January 18, 2014 at 8:44 am

I guess you can say Sean is an international star as i’m watching his show from a little town in France ;)

I don’t find it outstanding but i actually have a good time watching each episode and I’d like it to be renewed even though it seems unlikely to happen.

It’s fairly funny, the cast is good, the characters are interesting, it’s getting better and deserves a chance !

Ps: I dropped Michael J Fox show after 2 episodes, can’t find anything good about it. It’s so lame.

Elbadoo January 12, 2014 at 9:52 pm

This show is laugh out loud funny. I guess what I think … Since I am not 18-24 … Doesn’t matter. If they can do this show I will be sooooooo aggravated.

Sean Hayes is an international treasure. No kidding.

Allyn Conroy February 5, 2014 at 12:02 am

I too love this show. I just love Sean Hayes he is a hoot! I really wish networks would give new shows a chance. They should try different nights or time slots before giving up.

Elle February 17, 2014 at 7:17 pm

I am so aggravated. I love this show and echo the sentiments of all of you! NBC is stupid! Good shows are never even given a chance…. This is a travesty! Grrrrr!

All the reality crap and sports cannot equal actual acting with humor and talent. I get tired of finding a show and next thing you know…cancelled. It’s all based on Nielsen ratings and market share that represent a tiny share of the viewing audience. It’s not even a broad sample of who watches the show. Jerks!

KayZ January 11, 2014 at 6:36 pm

Hey I will say this show is way better than The Michael J Fox Show – now that’s boring. I actually laugh and enjoy this show. What happened to networks giving shows a chance, let a show get it’s groove – this show has gotten better with each episode.

Z December 24, 2013 at 12:18 am

Really excited to watch Portia de Rossi and Megan Mullally make their appearances on Sean!!! :-P

Markus H. November 6, 2013 at 1:57 am

I laugh so hard each time I watch Sean. I’m a fan of the entire cast… especially Linda’s character, find myself quoting her a lot… I know it’s filmed in LA, but turns out the show’s setting is Chicago, my hometown!! Expecting the numbers to grow, I’ll for sure be watching each week, hopefully for more than just 13 total episodes :-)

tom i November 1, 2013 at 3:13 pm

I think the show is growing well. Slow start with the pilot. Not sure why they use the pilots on a lot of the shows. Characters aren’t developed in the pilot so shows seem weak. This one is developing well and I see a many year run for this finely crafted show

Z October 19, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Third episode was so funny, can’t wait to see more!

CK October 11, 2013 at 8:24 pm

I can’t believe that a show with Thomas Lennon and Linda Lavin is so bad.

Greg Turnbull October 4, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Kill it. Nothing more to say. These shows never work out unless they have practically an entire other show built around them, holding them up. (See Modern Family for instance).

Anonymous October 4, 2013 at 12:08 pm

It has already been cancelled by me. After only one dismal episode, it is now off my DVR recording list.

monieet October 4, 2013 at 11:38 am

Sorry, but this will get cancelled. Castimg is off and it does not flow. Change the writing keep Sean, but recast EVERYONE else. He is great but needs more to work with. If no changes are made it will get cancelled.