Sean Saves the World

Sean Saves the World TV show on NBCNetwork: NBC
Episodes: 15 (half-hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: October 3, 2013 — TBD
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Sean Hayes, Megan Hilty, Echo Kellum, Samantha Isler, Thomas Lennon, and Linda Lavin.

current TV show

TV show description:
In this sitcom, Sean (Sean Hayes) is a divorced dad who’s trying to juggle his career and family life. From his overbearing boss and offbeat employees at work, to his pushy mom and weekends with his teenage daughter Ellie (Samantha Isler), handling it all is no easy task.

When his quick-witted 14-year-old daughter wants to move in full-time, life gets even more complicated. Never one to do anything halfway, Sean’s intent on being the best dad ever. He loads up on parenting how-to books and plans topic-filled family dinners.

But his company’s new owner, Max (Thomas Lennon), has decided Sean and his team should work longer hours, throwing a kink in his perfectly constructed homemaking plans.

A normal girl, Ellie wants to hang with her friends and eat on the run, sees this development as a plus. She loves her dad, but he’s clearly going overboard.

From keeping his boss happy and enduring the tactless “advice” from his mother Lorna (Linda Lavin), to raising a smart, grounded and healthy kid, it’s a growing experience for Sean to say the least.

Thankfully, he finds some support in co-workers like artistic Hunter (Echo Kellum) and Liz (Megan Hilty), his loyal friend who used to be a therapist.
space

Series Finale

Episode #14 — ??
This TV series finale has not aired yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like the Sean Saves the World TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for another season?

JFD January 29, 2014 at 2:36 pm

I really like this show. Sean Hayes is always funny and it’s great to see Linda Lavin back on TV.
I was also looking forward to Megan Mullaly playing Sean’s sister in February.
I cannot believe NBC has cancelled this show already. You would think that they would have given it a try in a new time slot before yanking the plug.

Cynbizz January 27, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Love this show. Love all the characters! Sean Hayes and Linda Lavin are fabulous, great chemistry. Love the boss too, he cracks me up!

Bellagurl January 20, 2014 at 6:17 pm

I have grown to really LOVE this show. I love seeing Linda Lavin as the mom. She hasnt done anything big for awhile so its nice to see her on tv again. She gives funny depth to her character. I feel like Sean has finally found a good fit since Will & Grace (which I still watch).
The writers are doing a good job of bringing the characters together and they play off of each other well. There are SOOOO many stupid shows that are still on that are not funny, this show has become really funny. (2 Broke Girls….seriously? 3 and 1/2 men should go out to pasture)
I hope the network reconsiders and doesnt cancel this show. I think it will only get better with time.

Anonymous January 13, 2014 at 3:50 pm

I really enjoy the show. I love sean hayes and now more than ever that he has a teenage child. It is a great show and with vivid characters. The boss is great actor in major movies.

pat January 8, 2014 at 9:09 pm

terrible

Margeaux January 5, 2014 at 2:40 am

Oh dear even your gay co-worker can’t watch it?!
Well that says it allll. Even the gayyyys won’t watch
it. What does that even mean really?

Mary January 2, 2014 at 6:57 pm

I loved this show!

Libby sands December 17, 2013 at 11:18 am

I LOVE THIS SHOW! Best new comedy on TV NBC please do NOT cancel.

Carlos January 1, 2014 at 1:00 pm

This show stinks. It’s dreadful and should be put out to pasture.

cynthia November 18, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Sean is really picking up the pace….my new Thurs. nite fav. BBT has gotten tired and definitely UNFUNNT this seaon. 2-1/2 is just old, despite the lesbians. This is my new fav. ‘cuz who doesn’t STILL love Sean??

Julie November 2, 2013 at 11:18 am

This is my favorite new sitcom. Sean Saves the World and Big Bang Theory are why I look forward to Thurs nights. I hope they renew. It’s hilarious!

Harold October 17, 2013 at 8:31 pm

I love this show and I rarely watch commercial tv. As a gay man who raised a daughter, I can relate!

Lucas Scott October 15, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Awesome show! Very funny. I hope it makes it.

David Plunkett October 15, 2013 at 12:10 am

Wonderful show with lots of potential for years of fun. It deserves to stick around!

Linda Bradshaw October 14, 2013 at 9:44 am

Love the Show!! Genuine and funny….keep it going so we can get to know the characters.
Great cast!

Beeker October 7, 2013 at 3:50 pm

This looks absolutely awful. Even my gay coworker can’t watch it.