Sean Saves the World

Sean Saves the World TV show on NBCNetwork: NBC
Episodes: 15 but two unaired (half-hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: October 3, 2013 — January 23, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Sean Hayes, Megan Hilty, Echo Kellum, Samantha Isler, Thomas Lennon, and Linda Lavin.

TV show description:
In this sitcom, Sean (Sean Hayes) is a divorced dad who’s trying to juggle his career and family life. From his overbearing boss and offbeat employees at work, to his pushy mom and weekends with his teenage daughter Ellie (Samantha Isler), handling it all is no easy task.

When his quick-witted 14-year-old daughter wants to move in full-time, life gets even more complicated. Never one to do anything halfway, Sean’s intent on being the best dad ever. He loads up on parenting how-to books and plans topic-filled family dinners.

But his company’s new owner, Max (Thomas Lennon), has decided Sean and his team should work longer hours, throwing a kink in his perfectly constructed homemaking plans.

A normal girl, Ellie wants to hang with her friends and eat on the run, sees this development as a plus. She loves her dad, but he’s clearly going overboard.

From keeping his boss happy and enduring the tactless “advice” from his mother Lorna (Linda Lavin), to raising a smart, grounded and healthy kid, it’s a growing experience for Sean to say the least.

Thankfully, he finds some support in co-workers like artistic Hunter (Echo Kellum) and Liz (Megan Hilty), his loyal friend who used to be a therapist.

Series Finale:
Episode #15 — The Dark Sean Rises
Sean meets Max’s fencing coach, Liam (guest Guy Pearce), who secretly likes being a superhero. Sean tries to meet his every demand, which often ends up with him being hurt, and Lorna becomes vocal in trying to stop the two of them. Meanwhile, Liz gets mad at Sean for stealing her man and tries to sabotage their relationship.
First aired: March 24, 2014 (released online only)

What do you think? Do you like the Sean Saves the World TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

41 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. JFD says

I really like this show. Sean Hayes is always funny and it’s great to see Linda Lavin back on TV.
    I was also looking forward to Megan Mullaly playing Sean’s sister in February.
    I cannot believe NBC has cancelled this show already. You would think that they would have given it a try in a new time slot before yanking the plug.

2. Cynbizz says

Love this show. Love all the characters! Sean Hayes and Linda Lavin are fabulous, great chemistry. Love the boss too, he cracks me up!

3. Bellagurl says

I have grown to really LOVE this show. I love seeing Linda Lavin as the mom. She hasnt done anything big for awhile so its nice to see her on tv again. She gives funny depth to her character. I feel like Sean has finally found a good fit since Will & Grace (which I still watch).
    The writers are doing a good job of bringing the characters together and they play off of each other well. There are SOOOO many stupid shows that are still on that are not funny, this show has become really funny. (2 Broke Girls….seriously? 3 and 1/2 men should go out to pasture)
    I hope the network reconsiders and doesnt cancel this show. I think it will only get better with time.

4. Anonymous says

I really enjoy the show. I love sean hayes and now more than ever that he has a teenage child. It is a great show and with vivid characters. The boss is great actor in major movies.

5. Margeaux says

Oh dear even your gay co-worker can’t watch it?!
    Well that says it allll. Even the gayyyys won’t watch
    it. What does that even mean really?

6. cynthia says

Sean is really picking up the pace….my new Thurs. nite fav. BBT has gotten tired and definitely UNFUNNT this seaon. 2-1/2 is just old, despite the lesbians. This is my new fav. ‘cuz who doesn’t STILL love Sean??

7. Julie says

This is my favorite new sitcom. Sean Saves the World and Big Bang Theory are why I look forward to Thurs nights. I hope they renew. It’s hilarious!