Secret Millionaire: ABC Pulls Reality Series

secret millionaire episodes canceledThe alphabet network has cancelled their plans to continue airing their Secret Millionaire reality series.

ABC had ordered 13 installments for season three of Secret Millionaire and seven episodes have aired so far. The most recent episodes have fallen to a low of a 0.8 rating in the demo with 3.80 million viewers, no doubt in part because they aired opposite Olympic coverage on NBC.

Two episodes had been scheduled for tonight, August 19th, and September 2nd. They’re being replaced by reruns of Once Upon a Time.

The three remaining episodes of Secret Millionaire had been scheduled to air on Monday nights for three weeks at 10pm, starting on August 27th. They’re being replaced by repeats of Castle, the timeslot’s regular season occupant.

It’s unclear if or when the remaining installments of Secret Millionaire will air.

What do you think? Are you a fan of Secret Millionaire? Do you hope that the series returns to the schedule at some point or would you rather see it cancelled instead?

Canceled and renewed TV show

74 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. s. jones says

I probably should say that in addition to loving this show, we don’t usually like reality shows. Most of them we won’t watch. This is inspiring.

2. s. jones says

I think that Secret Millionaire was one of the best shows on TV. Not advertised well. Really loved it and hate to see that it got cancelled.

3. Susan Baldwin says

I love this show!!! It needs to return….It makes me happy to see that there are good people out there, sharing what they have with people in need.

4. says

Rarely is there a reality show that inspires. This is off the air but shows like Housewives of wherever, that celebrate materialism remain ….something is amiss.

5. Leslee says

I’m also disappointed that Secret Millionaire was cancelled. My husband liked watching it because it showed millionaires getting a chance to see how other people live and appreciate more what they have. It was emotional to see them give to help others and volunteer where they were needed. I hope ABC will at least air the remaining episodes that were taped.

6. jgoode says

What is wrong with this network’s thinking???? Secret Millionaire is a wonderful show. A show of hope and support–and it’s cancelled??

It had low ratings against the Olympics–what show didn’t, after all it’s the Olympics…only happens once every 4 years.

Come on!! Get the thinking caps back on and bring back this fine show.

7. Christine Tousignant says

Unbelievable – a great show and so inspirational and moving.

You cancel all the good shows. If they aren’t blood and guts and killing, or some sci-fi stuff or reality, unrealistic show you cancel them. But I see you renew some crap like the Bachelor.

Sad, very sad…………………………

8. Cheryl says

I was checking to see if the new season was starting tonight. I didn’t even realize they pulled it and I am so disappointed. With all the other nonsense on TV this show was a refreshing show, an absolute pleasure to watch.

I whole concept made for an uplifting show, an eyeopener for the people watching, the people in the charitable organizations, and for the secret millionaire. I don’t think you gave the show a chance. What a shame. I hope you bring it back rather than show repeats of shows. Sadly, someone missed the ball on this decision.

9. Toni says

I agree, this is one of the most uplifting shows on T.V. We need more good hearted, clean shows on TV and not the lies, sex and lies, sex on TV. It’s good for those who have more to give to those who have nothing. It is also very evident that the Secret Millionaire, learns something from their experience as well. My husband and I cry every time we see it.

10. says

Me and mom would really love to this show stay on the air because it is really inspirational and really fun to watch because me and mom love to watch these people that come in and give up everything to go and donate their time to go an help others out that really need the inspirtion.We really hope that after these espiodes are done that they really continue with this series because it is a really good show .

11. deb yeagle says

UNBELIEVABLE.. (LOW RATINGS FOR THE BEST SHOW ON TV) What is our society coming to that more attention is given to cheating..scandals..getting pleasure out of someones hurts and sadness.. oh yes sex and drugs..our country was built on GODLY PRINCIPLES…This is absolutely MORAL DECAY..there has to be a way to promote “THE SECRET MILLIONAIRE” this show is the core of what our NATION was built on..caring and sharing for one another..THE GOOD OF OUR COUNTRY MUST RISE ABOVE ALL THE NEGATIVE AND SELFISH WAYS OF TODAY..Please find a way to promote this wonderful show..I have an idea for a spin off involving our youth…teaching them how to think about someone else besides themselves..OUR YOUTH OF TODAY IS THE FOUNDATION OF OUR TOMORROW… ( please feel free to contact me) One Question..what kind of values do you want instilled in your children and grandchildren..when you give an honest answer..then please pursue a way of making THE SECRET MILLIONAIRE A GREAT SUCCESS!!! Deb Yeagle..P.S. The Golden Rule is still a NUMBER 1# God Given Rule!!!

• Anonymous says

Greed, greed, that’s why u cancelled Secret Millionaire. I agree with 99% of the people
      That replied to ur cancelled. Decent series get cancelled. Blood, guts, sex and violence stays on always., even reruns of them. But u cancel the good moral ones. Bring our shows back this year of 2014 please.