Shark Tank: ABC Orders Two More Episodes But…

Shark TankABC has just announced that they are ordered two more episodes of Shark Tank for season three. This brings the total to 15 installments, the reality show’s biggest season order to date.

The Friday night TV series is having its best season after nearly being cancelled two years in a row. The current season has been averaging a 1.6 in the 18-49 demographic and 5.71 million total viewers (compared to a 1.4 in the demo and 4.94 million viewers last season).

Despite airing on a little-watched night for television, Shark Tank is the sixth-highest rated non-scripted series on the network. It’s also ABC’s best-performing show on the Friday night schedule, beating out venerable news programs 20/20 and Primetime.

The sharks won’t be going back into production for the new episodes however. The installments will be pieced together, utilizing unused footage from this season. Fans may recall that this was also done to produce extra installments last year.

Friday’s episode was the sixth of season three, leaving nine left to air.

What do you think?

Jean May 14, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Boring! Cancel it

TeiaR March 9, 2013 at 11:40 am

I’ve tried to watch it and everytime I get bored with it. Plus, it gives me doubts that the sharks go through with the proposals. I don’t think it’s scripted per say, but it could easily be staged. As a viewer I don’t believe there is any follow through and therefore it’s a ‘fake’ reality show and should be taken off the network. Had a good run some people may bave enjoyed it, but stop cancelling good shows for this crap.

diane kilroy June 3, 2012 at 1:06 am

How can i get more shank tank episodes i already saw to 15 need more show tell me how by email.

admin June 3, 2012 at 2:28 am

diane kilroy ยป They’re done for the season.

prove your credibility March 5, 2012 at 3:02 am

Notwithstanding my comments above, I totally agree with you Dee. That particular comment by Kevin was a huge turn off for me, too. His implication really cheapened the show. His personality adds “drama” and animation to the show, but a little bit of Kevin goes a long way. He is getting tedious IMO. That said, I still think its one of the better, more entertaining shows on TV.

And yes, I was a longtime fan of Dragon’s Den. Very disappointed that it was discontinued in North America in favor of Shark Tank. The two shows are very different and I wish Dragon’s Den still aired here.

Dee Vincent February 28, 2012 at 10:45 am

I used to enjoy the show, and its Canadian counterpart, Dragon’s Den. The show lost me just a few weeks ago, when Kevin (as he always does), argued with one of the contestants, who very proudly announced that every step involved in the progress employed American workers. Kevin said (something like) “you’ll make more money by having it made overseas.” That turned me off big time.

KevN'sync February 28, 2012 at 9:00 am

The sharks rock especially when mark cuban is on with his negotiate Exclusively with me antics.

Why February 28, 2012 at 8:49 am

This show is unrealistic on how the funding world actually works. I’ve watched it and couldn’t care less about the sharks or the fools who team up with them.

prove your credibility March 5, 2012 at 2:50 am

Unless your knowledge of the “funding world” is better than your command of the English language, I seriously doubt your credibility. OBVIOUSLY, they aren’t cramming full blown proposals and negotiations into a 1-hour show. They hit the concepts and vet the proposal later. It is reality-based **entertainment**. The sharks’ credentials speaks for themselves. The producers have done a fabulous job putting together a great cast of personalities, and bringing in a steady stream of interesting, unique, varied proposals.

Ryan Tadych February 27, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Fantastic! Quick question, what are your thoughts on its probabilty of being renewed for a Season 4? With it delivering the best Friday ratings on ABC in years, it would seem like a no brainer for ABC to renew it! Thoughts?