Shark Tank: ABC Show Not Cancelled, Coming Back for More Episodes

Shark Tank renewedThough ABC’s reality series Shark Tank hasn’t been doing big business in the ratings, the network is apparently happy enough with the ratings to want additional installments.

Each episode of Shark Tank spotlights entrepreneurs and inventors who are looking for capitol to help fuel their dreams. They pitch their ideas to successful business people Robert Herjavec, Kevin O’Leary, Barbara Corcoran, Kevin Harrington, and Daymond John, otherwise known as “the Sharks.” If they’re interested, the Sharks offer to invest their own money but typically want a bigger piece of the pie than the inventor has in mind.

The series is based on a UK program called Dragons’ Den and the first of 10 episodes premiered on ABC on August 9th. The ratings weren’t anything to crow about during the summer and were expected to drop even lower opposite new fall programming. Surprisingly, the numbers have actually started to rise in the past few weeks. Though they’re still quite low, would that be enough for the network to invest in more episodes?

A couple days ago, Harrington encouraged fans to ask ABC to keep the show going. After wondering what she’d do on Tuesday nights now that the show was off the air, Corcoran wrote that a second season was still under consideration by the network.

While ABC has yet to make an official announcement, two of the Sharks themselves spilled the info this weekend. Herjavec broke the news late yesterday and wrote, “Great news – ABC has ordered more episodes of Shark Tank !!!! No air date yet – but it’s coming.”

TV show supportJohn confirmed the news but cautioned that it was not a full season pickup. He wrote, “great news! but 5 [more episodes] is not a full season, we have to turn it up 4 them to make it a full season.” He later said that he didn’t know the airdate either and suggested they wouldn’t air at least until 2010.

UPDATE: ABC later clarified that two additional episodes would be created out of existing footage. They will be combined with three leftover installments and will be aired at a later date. There’s still no decision on a second season.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Shark Tank is coming back, at least for a little while?

kim bernau October 19, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I was watching the tv today and they announced two 1/2 hour shows between the time of
8:00p.m and 9:00p.m, this is the SHARK TANK time, my spirits just dropped. I JUST LOVE THIS SHOW, it’s got alot of spunk and excitement. Everytime I watch the show the hour just flies bye. I HOPE IT WILL CONTINUE TO STAY ON THE AIR.

richard saunders July 11, 2012 at 9:36 am

this was a great show , kept me engaged and reminded me that i shouldnt just sit on an idea but to make efforts to bring these ideas to life . if my idea was good enough than i had an outlet that was available to take my invention places i couldnt imagine . great show BRING IT BACK
WE LOVE THE TANKKKK!!!!

Anna Reynolds November 30, 2011 at 4:34 pm

My husband and I really loved the show I cant believe it is not back on

Gerry Drew October 28, 2011 at 6:24 pm

I think is one of the most entertaining shows that I have seen on TV in a number of years although a similar show Dragon’s Den is a very close second.

carol goldberg October 23, 2011 at 9:21 am

Dear Sirs, I THOUGHLY ENJOY THE SHOW, AND LOOK FORWARD TO IT EVERY WEEK. i CANT UNDERSTAND WHY THERE IS SO LITTLE POSITIVE ATTENTION PAID TO IT. IT’S A GREAT, ENTERTAINING SHOW – VERY INTELLIGENT WITH A GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE. PLEASE DON’T CANCEL. PLEASE.

Jodie October 21, 2011 at 1:50 pm

I love Shark Tank. One of the fews our whole family can watch together! I miss it and want it back on Friday nights!

Marianne September 30, 2011 at 6:36 pm

I really love shark tank and hope it comes back on Friday nights!!!

Julie September 30, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Shark Tank is an interesting and entertaining show. I really enjoy it. Please keep it on the air.

The Hazels September 30, 2011 at 11:50 am

We love this show…Please keep it going…It is really quite inspirational to many…

John September 29, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I really like the show and look forward to it. The show motivates me to find away to work on my ideas.

nancy carter September 23, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Shark Tank is one of the most interesting and educational programs on the telly P lease continue Iwas very disappointed tonight when I discovered the program ws not on. September 23 2011

admin September 23, 2011 at 5:32 pm

nancy carter ยป This page will be updated when a new date/time is announced: http://tvseriesfinale.com/?p=20687

mcrae October 2, 2011 at 12:27 pm

McRae, please don’t cancel the show, Shark Tank, we seniors need something on Fri. nights,very intertaining,just love Barbar Harringting’s easy attitude.

The Williamson Family September 23, 2011 at 5:24 pm

BRING BACK THE SHARK TANK! WE love it and look forward to it every week! We just turned on the TV at 8 pm for tonites and learned it wasn’t on… ugh :( What at a disappointment!! We hope it comes back for many more seasons!