Shark Tank: ABC Renews TV Show for Season Two

Jeff FoxworthyThings weren’t looking good for Shark Tank after ABC cancelled plans to air repeats and the lone unaired episode this summer. Still, word was that the network was still considering ordering a second season, possibly mixing up the shark panel.

Well, ABC has decided to renew Shark Tank for another season, albeit an abbreviated one. The alphabet network has ordered eight more episodes of the reality series and sharks Barbara Corcoran, Kevin Harrington, Robert Herjavec, Daymond John and Kevin O’Leary are all set to return.

For at least three installments, the shark panel will be joined by comedian Jeff Foxworthy. While Foxworthy doesn’t typically come to mind when thinking about entrepreneurial ventures, he does own his own lines of calendars, greeting cards, beef jerky, and barbecue sauces. As an entertainer, he also produces comedy albums, books, and hosts TV shows.

New episodes of Shark Tank are expected to be produced this fall and they should begin airing (along with the leftover unaired episode) in 2011.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear it’s coming back? What do you think of Jeff Foxworthy joining the crew? Good idea?

Canceled and renewed TV show

42 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. sue says

I think it is great! I am anxiously waiting for the new season. I don’t know about Foxworthy. I am sure he will add something to the show. Can’t wait!!

2. Tim says

This is great news. I love Shark Tank, but I am not too thrilled in having Foxworthy join the cast. If is ain’t broke don’t fix it.

3. connie says

I love Shark Tank. I wanted to be on your show to get help with my new business. There is a lack of advertisment for this show. A lot of my friends never heard of your show. I have a small business and I wanted to apply to be on your show. When I went to your website I saw that your show would be discontinued.
    I will still watch every week. I really enjoyed your show.

4. says

Well… I like Jeff Foxworthy and Shark Tank was my favorite show to watch with my 11 year old son. While the economy has REALLY hit me where it hurts I used to invest in small businesses and I am still a senior level executive. That said I really enjoyed the show, enjoyed the hunt if you will. All this said I don’t know that Jeff Foxworthy belongs in this show or is needed. I was under the impression that the show had good ratings?? I know it was not promoted REAL heavy and this would certainly have something to do with it.

HOWEVER If Jeff brings an audience and creates the ratings needed in order to continue this as a seasonal airing then GREAT… I really love the show, more so than Dragon’s Den which I also really enjoyed until the UK stopped broadcasting it to U.S. Networks (making it available for rebroadcast).

Closing… GREAT news on the Shark Tank returning.. Can’t wait!

5. Ken Hudson says

This is a risky twist on the show, although it could pay off if it doesn’t turn into a stand up show. I really like the show and would love to be on it, so I will take what I can get!

6. Donna says

I love this show too. Really interesting what some ambitious people will come up with to sell their ideas. With all the junk on tv these days this is truly a refreshing show.

7. Amanda says

I’m sooo excited for Season 2!! The only sad thing is that we have to wait until 2011, but I’m still happy that they will be continuing with the best reality TV show :)

• Dee says

WE LOVE THIS SHOW! We tell everyone about the show! Not sure why lots of our friends have not seen the show, but everyone shows interest & can’t wait now. It is the best show on TV besides the Bachelor!

8. R.J Sheedy says

Jeff Foxworthy joining the sharks will absolutely drive in more viewers since he’s a nationwide entertainer and everybody knows who Jeff Foxworthy is….

9. Jeannine says

Cool! Wow…I just posted how I wanted the show to come back, and now I see this! Maybe I should post that I want 10 million dollars :-)

10. Ryan Tadych says

This is awesome………They made the right choice. I hope they decide to add more episodes and that th ratings will improve also!

11. Brian says

I think it’s great that Shark Tank is coming back. Perhaps Jeff Fxwrty will create some interest or maybe this show will show that he has a few chops that most people are unaware of.

12. John says

This is great news! I wish that they would have aired the last one now though! I dont know if I will enjoy having Jeff Foxworthy on the cast.