Shark Tank: ABC Renews TV Show for Season Two

Jeff FoxworthyThings weren’t looking good for Shark Tank after ABC cancelled plans to air repeats and the lone unaired episode this summer. Still, word was that the network was still considering ordering a second season, possibly mixing up the shark panel.

Well, ABC has decided to renew Shark Tank for another season, albeit an abbreviated one. The alphabet network has ordered eight more episodes of the reality series and sharks Barbara Corcoran, Kevin Harrington, Robert Herjavec, Daymond John and Kevin O’Leary are all set to return.

For at least three installments, the shark panel will be joined by comedian Jeff Foxworthy. While Foxworthy doesn’t typically come to mind when thinking about entrepreneurial ventures, he does own his own lines of calendars, greeting cards, beef jerky, and barbecue sauces. As an entertainer, he also produces comedy albums, books, and hosts TV shows.

New episodes of Shark Tank are expected to be produced this fall and they should begin airing (along with the leftover unaired episode) in 2011.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear it’s coming back? What do you think of Jeff Foxworthy joining the crew? Good idea?

Anonymous January 29, 2011 at 7:09 am

LOVE THE SHOW! NO I THINK THE PANEL SHOULD CONSIST OF PEOPLE IN THE VENTURE CAPITAL WORLD WHO HAVE A LOT OF MONEY TO INVEST. ITS MEANT TO BE SERIOUS NOT A 3 RING CIRCUS! ITS THE PROFESSIONAL PROCESS THAT EVERYONE WANTS TO LEARN ABOUT. ALTHOUGH THE CANADIAN VERSION DRAGONS DEN IS JUST AS GOOD.

MotherBoard November 9, 2010 at 7:58 pm

Does any one know who was selected for 2011 show?

Chellie Campbell October 27, 2010 at 3:08 pm

I’ve been teaching entrepreneurs how to make money in their businesses for 20 years and this show is required watching for participants in my Financial Stress Reduction Workshops. Especially people in helping professions who in their eagerness to be of service give away too much and charge too little. When they listen to the sharks, they get an idea of how to focus on the financial aspect of doing business, without which they aren’t going to be in business for long!

I like Jeff Foxworthy, but I don’t want him stealing the limelight from the Sharks who are fascinating in their own right. I know celebrities = viewers so they gotta do what they gotta do, but I have my fingers crossed they don’t mess up the formula they have that is working!

Cindy Voter October 20, 2010 at 6:24 am

I found the show very interesting and as a soon to be MBA grad I find it is very good information for any entrepreneur to view before they seek funding. What works and what does not are equally important. I like Jeff Foxworthy and hope that people realize that a comedian does not have to be funny 24/7.

Shannon Shurn October 15, 2010 at 12:58 pm

I submitted my idea to Shark Tank for the upcoming casting call about two weeks ago. Does anyone have an idea of when I should hear from them?

Amber October 10, 2010 at 10:40 pm

What a great way to ruin a great show. Jeff Foxworthy????? Are you KIDDING me????

The Bumpster October 7, 2010 at 5:59 pm

The Shark Tank is a great opportunity for inventors and entrepreneurs, it will be an even better show when they call me to tell that I made it on season 2. Getting an opportunity to gain national exposure for a new product and possibly work with some of the most successful people in the business is outstanding. The Shark Tank is the best reality show on the air, I hope it continues well beyond season 2.

WDSPR October 3, 2010 at 11:04 pm

I believe this is an outstanding show that gives inventors and entrepreneurs the opportunity to build better, more profitable businesses, thus creating more jobs and more opportunities. I think network TV needs more programs like this. Put in on TLC or History Channel and give it full seasons of programs please.

Brad September 26, 2010 at 10:06 am

My wife and I love the show!! We have been wondering when this great show was going to return. We didn’t think that there would be anyway that this show would not return, this is a great show with great investers and some good ideas and some not so good ideas on inventions. We hope that the show does more than a short season and get renewed for a 3rd and 4th season etc
Can’t wait to start watching it.

Teresa September 15, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Can’t wait! I think in today’s economy it is just what we all need, some encouragement for people. We still live in the greatest country in the world, shows like Shark Tank remind us we all have the freedom to use our own ideas.

Libby andrews September 13, 2010 at 7:18 pm

My favorite show! So glad it’s back!

Anonymous September 7, 2010 at 2:58 pm

I love the show and can’t wait till it is back on…

Carol K September 7, 2010 at 11:04 am

I’ve been searching for season two because I enjoyed the first season so much. Having worked in the corporate arena for so many years, and understanding that all investments must provide something for the investors bottom line income, and knowing that business is not touchy-feely, but very serious, I loved to hear the detailed reasoning of each of the panelists for new products presented. I’m so glad it’s coming back in the spring for Season Two. Thanks ABC.

Loretta McCrae September 5, 2010 at 2:29 pm

I have made several attempts to get casted on the shark tank and can not pull up the application to submit my product. Can u advise me?

Anonymous September 4, 2010 at 10:06 am

I love the show and am looking forward to seeing it again. I also love Jeff Foxworthy, but I’m not so sure it’ll be a very good match. I hope ABC doesn’t have Foxworthy doing a monologue before each episode or introducing the sharks with some humorous anecdote. I like that the show is intense, and I hope that Foxworthy’s part in it won’t involve necessarily lightening up the show’s intensity. I could see Foxworthy’s part as visiting the hometowns of the inventors and talking to them about their inventions and their products, and maybe standing outside of the shark tank and talking to the inventors, again, AFTER they’ve left the tank, and getting their impressions or talking about their experience.