Siberia

Siberia: canceled or renewed?Network: NBC
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: July 1, 2013 – TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Joyce Giraud, Johnny Wactor, Daniel Sutton, Neeko Skervin, Natalie Scheetz, Sam Dobbins, Esther Anderson, Tommy Mountain, George Dickson, Anne-Marie Mueschke, Miljan Milosevic, Irene Szuchun Yee, Berglind Icey, Harpreet Turka, Victoria Hill, Sabina Akhmedova, and Jonathan Buckley.

current TV show

TV show description:
The storyline of this scripted series begins in 1908, when an unexplained event occurs deep in the remote Siberian territory of Tunguska. More than 100 years later, 16 reality-show participants descend on Tunguska — unknowing of the land’s mysterious past.

These contestants are from varied walks of life and attempt to battle the elements (and each other) in a quest to survive the harsh winter and claim a large cash prize. What is initially met with unbridled enthusiasm quickly turns to sheer panic as a series of strange events begin to occur.

The contestants soon attribute the occurrences to ruses set up by the producers, even dismissing the death of a fellow player as an accident.

When a contestant is badly injured and no help arrives, the other players meet the chilling realization that the strange occurrences are not part of the show. With their safety threatened, the competitors must band together in an effort to survive.

The show is hosted by Jonathan Buckley (Jonathan Buckley) and the participants are Carolina (Joyce Giraud), a bartender from Colombia; Johnny (Johnny Wactor), a bull rider from Jedburg, South Carolina; Daniel (Daniel Sutton), a computer programmer from Minneapolis; Neeko, a professional rugby player from London; Natalie (Natalie Scheetz), veterinary assistant from Santa Barbara; Sam (Sam Dobbins), an auto mechanic from Brooklyn; and Esther (Esther Anderson), a model from Melbourne.

The remaining contestants are Tommy (Tommy Mountain), a philanthropist from Boston; George (George Dickson), an accountant from Louisville; Anne-Marie (Anne-Marie Mueschke), a graphic artist from New Orleans; Miljan (Miljan Milosevic), a DJ from Podgorica, Montenegro; Irene (Irene Szuchun Yee), a fashion designer from Taiwan; Berglind (Berglind Icey), a photo journalist from Iceland; Harpreet (Harpreet Turka), a graduate student from Washington, DC; Victoria (Victoria Hill), a sales clerk from Winnipeg; and Sabina (Sabina Akhmedova), a soldier from Israel.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like the Siberia TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

nate July 22, 2013 at 10:32 pm

To all those that thought this was real…. You are pathetically stupid and shouldn’t be able to use a computer to show the world how stupid you are. For those of whom thought this is sick… Its no different then any drama story out there. Please for the love of all that is human and right, just please stop posting your dumbness all over the web, turn off your tvs and radios because if you can’t tell the difference between reality and a show you need to go directly to a mental hospital.

jaimelynn829 August 12, 2013 at 10:45 pm

I so agree. I can’t get over the idiots in this world.

Tony July 17, 2013 at 6:16 pm

I love the reactions that people thought this was real. You all need to stop watching MTV and believing what you see is not acting because the first episode was some of the worst acting I’ve ever seen.

Drew July 17, 2013 at 12:37 pm

I love this show. It is Blair Witch and Lost wrapped up. The ratings go down though – maybe they should move it. Good cast.

Myra Turin July 17, 2013 at 8:04 am

If you google all the “contestants” you will discover that they are all actors and so this is a scripted drama.

H ROOKS July 17, 2013 at 12:39 am

I AM ENJOYING THIS SERIES A LOT AS THE MYSTERY ADDS TO EACH EPISODE.LOOKING FORWARD TO THE FINAL EPISODES .

Anonymous July 15, 2013 at 7:38 pm

i agree, love it, keep it going!

Sandra July 10, 2013 at 9:33 pm

The idea of surviving in the wilderness can make for a good story – however what you did was totally unrealistic and terrifying. These folks don’t know each other, they get off the plane to find out all their luggage has been taken away, and all they have is the clothes on their backs. You don’t know if they have the skills to survive and make the necessary clothes and blankets, find and prepare food, meet medical needs etc… All for the sake of putting their lives at risk in the Siberia wilderness, in a cursed place for the sake of money. Then Tommy, the kindest guy of the group dies…accidentally? And we see him carried covered and carried out out on a stretcher…and this is a game???? I thought he really died!!! It was so upsetting that I will NEVER watch it again! Then I just found out from my grand daughter, that its only a “game” and he didn’t really die – how sick are you! If you can think like this and create a “game show” this twisted in nature, what is our government capable of ? When people go missing, end up in work camps, die mysteriously – are we going to say “its only a game show”. How effective will shows and movies like this be before we are unable to discern what is true from untrue.
I think our society is in very deep trouble and this is just a reflection of it.

Jackie July 16, 2013 at 1:06 am

I totally agree with you. I thought it was real, but when that kid, I thought died, I was thinking no way, this can’t be real! People don’t die in reality shows. I think everyone is right. It is poorly scripted. It really is like watching the 3 stooges. It is sick and twisted. I think people are cruel. It’s a shame that we have to put up with it. Our society is in trouble. This show is sick and demented.

bertsky July 9, 2013 at 2:01 pm

First episode was intriguing. Second episode was sooooo rediculous. Everyone was
left with the clothes on their backs and nothing else. When I watched the second episode
I noticed, all with different clothing, girls with makeup, etc. and the death of course
was fake. I will not watch again. Terrible thing to have someone die, even if it was
fake, just to get viewers to watch. Sure hope it gets canceled.

Dena July 8, 2013 at 8:34 pm

So bad. Can’t believe NBC came up with this.

Csbabble July 8, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Not very good actors, kinda goofy.

Barbara July 7, 2013 at 10:17 am

Disappointed that it was fake. It was interesting at first. Not quite sure that I will continue to watch

Wiscmom July 6, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Was an interesting idea for reality tv, kinda like the pioneer reality show i saw once. Stupid when it took s turn for the grotesque and turns out to be fake. Won’t be watching this again.

Donna July 6, 2013 at 1:40 pm

I was so freaked out after the pilot, I thought Tommy really got killed, and the scene where you show what supposedly happened brought me to tears, his yells for help and the crunch of bones, was over the top. I was so upset that I got on-line to see if I could find out any information, then I found out it was all fake. NOT COOL! I will NOT be watching anymore, you people are sick!

Corinna July 6, 2013 at 10:34 am

I like to see more of it what I like o know, did somebody really got killed or is it just show

donna July 4, 2013 at 11:00 pm