Siberia

Siberia: canceled or renewed?Network: NBC
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: July 1, 2013 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Joyce Giraud, Johnny Wactor, Daniel Sutton, Neeko Skervin, Natalie Scheetz, Sam Dobbins, Esther Anderson, Tommy Mountain, George Dickson, Anne-Marie Mueschke, Miljan Milosevic, Irene Szuchun Yee, Berglind Icey, Harpreet Turka, Victoria Hill, Sabina Akhmedova, and Jonathan Buckley.

current TV show

TV show description:
The storyline of this scripted series begins in 1908, when an unexplained event occurs deep in the remote Siberian territory of Tunguska. More than 100 years later, 16 reality-show participants descend on Tunguska — unknowing of the land’s mysterious past.

These contestants are from varied walks of life and attempt to battle the elements (and each other) in a quest to survive the harsh winter and claim a large cash prize. What is initially met with unbridled enthusiasm quickly turns to sheer panic as a series of strange events begin to occur.

The contestants soon attribute the occurrences to ruses set up by the producers, even dismissing the death of a fellow player as an accident.

When a contestant is badly injured and no help arrives, the other players meet the chilling realization that the strange occurrences are not part of the show. With their safety threatened, the competitors must band together in an effort to survive.

The show is hosted by Jonathan Buckley (Jonathan Buckley) and the participants are Carolina (Joyce Giraud), a bartender from Colombia; Johnny (Johnny Wactor), a bull rider from Jedburg, South Carolina; Daniel (Daniel Sutton), a computer programmer from Minneapolis; Neeko, a professional rugby player from London; Natalie (Natalie Scheetz), veterinary assistant from Santa Barbara; Sam (Sam Dobbins), an auto mechanic from Brooklyn; and Esther (Esther Anderson), a model from Melbourne.

The remaining contestants are Tommy (Tommy Mountain), a philanthropist from Boston; George (George Dickson), an accountant from Louisville; Anne-Marie (Anne-Marie Mueschke), a graphic artist from New Orleans; Miljan (Miljan Milosevic), a DJ from Podgorica, Montenegro; Irene (Irene Szuchun Yee), a fashion designer from Taiwan; Berglind (Berglind Icey), a photo journalist from Iceland; Harpreet (Harpreet Turka), a graduate student from Washington, DC; Victoria (Victoria Hill), a sales clerk from Winnipeg; and Sabina (Sabina Akhmedova), a soldier from Israel.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like the Siberia TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Ray September 12, 2013 at 9:06 am

Love this show, please do not cancel.

Emily September 8, 2013 at 12:50 am

I love siberia!!! Please DON’T cancel it!!!

Mike September 5, 2013 at 11:20 pm

It’s like watching a train wreck hit, slow and disastrously bad news. I’m amazed that NBC was so desperate as to buy it. Yet, I do TIVO it to see just how dumb they all are acting.

anonymous in nm September 5, 2013 at 9:07 am

Ok. Let’s be clear – this is NOT a reality show! And for a scripted show – it is so very very bad. It borders on corny. If they wanted to truly follow the “reality show” idea, they should have paid more attention to details…fixed the things that were so blatantly ridiculous they were laughable. Well, it is what it is. But I do agree with some of the previous folks’ comments – for those who like the show, they at least deserve the right to see it through to its end.

janice erwine September 3, 2013 at 3:29 pm

I really like this show. I think it should have been put on earlier in the evening, more people would have watched. Keeps me on the edge of my seat. Please do not cancel.

Anonymous September 1, 2013 at 11:12 am

Love love this show!! Dont cancel it!!!

OnlyPersonLeft inAmericawhoneverWatchedtheCBSSurvivorShow August 28, 2013 at 8:29 pm

As my name above implies, I never watched the CBS show Survivor-ever. I was drawn to check-out Siberia as I love Sci-Fi and the trailers were so interesting. That being said, I thought it was super. Yeah, the acting could be better and the characters are not as developed as in my other favorite show of the summer “Under the Dome”, but its a heck of a ride. I live in NC and it does make me laugh that Johnny is a “bull-rider”-ok. Also, Sam has ended up being my favorite character. He may not be the eye-candy that Neeko & Johnny are but having someone with a knowledge in the Cyrillic alphabet and muscle is someone I want in my cabin. If this was a reality shown gone way wrong-I think the camera crew would be more involved by now as at least some of them would also be fluent in Russian. Could this be an “experiment” funded by a sinister research group?
Anyway, I love the show and do hope that it isn’t cancelled and can renewed long enough to let the full story play out. Thank goodness for DVRs. And please don’t call me between 10-11pm on Monday nights. My inner teen sci-fi nerd is busy! Good job NBC.

Karla August 27, 2013 at 6:28 pm

This show is bad but I cant stop watching it. It was taped near where I live and keep thinking if they take the Chickadee trail it will lead them straight to the coffee shop and horse barn, and they’ll be out of the cold Manitoba winter, have some hot chocolate and take a hay ride back. lol

Trixie August 27, 2013 at 3:34 pm

I do like it and I want to know what Esther is up to and what the heck is killing everyone.

Nana August 27, 2013 at 1:21 am

Please, don’t cancel! Siberia is totally different from other reality shows. When you watch this show you want to know the end. Please, finish this show!!!! I love ” Siberia”, I’m from former Soviet Union and to me it is ineteresting anyway.

Sue August 22, 2013 at 8:14 pm

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL. YOU SIT ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT WONDERING WHAT HAS HAPPENED ALL OF A SUDDEN. CAN’T GET HELP?????? IT IS PRETTY BAD COMPARED TO OTHER REALITY SHOWS, BUT THEN THEY ARE ALL GETTING BORING NOW.

Gina August 20, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Love, Love, Love the show. Reminds me of Lost withal the twists and turns. Hope the network renews it.

Corina August 20, 2013 at 2:12 am

I think this is the most stupidest show, up to date. I don’t know why I can’t stop watching.

Terry August 27, 2013 at 3:09 am

I know, right! Me too.

Alice A. August 20, 2013 at 2:01 am

Probably the worst TV show to come along in a long, long time. It’s so poorly written and so predictable, there is zero suspense. Bad acting. I’m surprised it got picked up by NBC. However, it’s probably sold well internationally to TV exhibitors given the diverse cast. A smart business decision but bad TV.

Sue August 19, 2013 at 11:23 pm

I LOVE this show. It s so stupid, the acting is bad, but I think it is great!!!! How many episodes are left? Are we going to get final answers? Don’t cancel!!!!!