Sinbad

Sinbad TV show canceledNetwork: Syfy
Episodes: 12 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: June 8, 2013 — August 3, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Elliot Knight, Dimitri Leonidas, Dougray Scott, Elliot Cowan, Estella Daniels, Junix Inocian, Marama Corlett, Naveen Andrews, Sophie Okonedo, and Timothy Spall.

current TV show

TV show description:
This fantasy series follows the adventures of Sinbad, the legendary fictional character.

After Sinbad (Elliot Knight) accidentally kills the son of powerful Lord Akbari (Naveen Andrews), he is forced to flee from his home town of Basra. Thanks to a curse, he’s unable to be on dry land for more than a day so Sinbad travels the world to find a cure.

On board his ship, The Providence, an intriguing band of travelers is thrown together. They include taciturn Norwegian sailor Gunnar, the lithe and agile jewel-thief Rina (Marama Corlett), and haughty and aristocratic Nala (Estella Daniels). Completing the ship’s complement is the odd-ball cook and the cerebral doctor Anwar (Dimitri Leonidas).

While Sinbad sails the high seas, he’s unknowingly being hunted by Lord Akbari who’s determined to exact revenge for his son’s death.
space

Series Finale

Episode #12 – Land of the Dead
On their way to the Land of the Dead, flashbacks reveal Taryn’s motive in finding the lost city; to recover her daughter Alehna (Evanna Lynch).

The Providence arrives at the land after being caught by a whirlpool. The crew enter an abandoned underground city, where Sinbad discovers the area is patrolled by gigantic Guardians, one of which latches on to him. Meanwhile, Gunnar realises Tiger’s strange behaviour, and manages to separate her and Taryn. He then finds Sinbad and manages to break the Guardian’s hold on him.

However his consciousness is trapped in a limbo-like state, where he encounters his crew mates who have no recollection of him, even Jamil. Taryn manages to send him back to life. She reveals that Sinbad is both alive and dead in the Land, and is the only person who can make his way to the city. The crew find Jamil, and they go into hiding until the Guardians calm down.

Taryn also finds Alehna in a library, who reveals that Sinbad previously went to the land as an infant before his father freed him. As hounds surround the library, Anwar finds a hidden exit. However, to ensure the group’s escape, Jamil sacrifices himself to a Guardian.

At the group feast, Anwar convinces Sinbad to continue. As he says goodbye to his brother, it is revealed that Alehna is possessed by some form of darkness.
First aired: August 3, 2013.
(Note: the show had already been cancelled by Sky before it started on Syfy.)

space
What do you think? Do you like the Sinbad TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

not from india August 3, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Sinbad is a fairly good TV series. Now that Merlin is over, Sinbad is the next best thing especially for the family viewers. This show has tremendous potential and a lot to offer if SyFy is willing to give Sinbad a chance to go on for a second season; and if all is well then like Merlin, Sinbad should last for at least 3 more seasons (total: 5 seasons). Elliot Knight and the rest of the cast manifested such a serious effort, a heart and soul performance. Well done, you guys. The show cast and crew deserved to continue on as the story and their characters grow and progress which will eventually lead to the ultimate finale of Sinbad legend . SyFy should reconsider keeping this show on the air for as long as possible.

Ceciley August 3, 2013 at 7:12 pm

I know so many people including myself that liked the series and are sad that it is ending

sinbad fan August 3, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Sinbad is a good TV series. The show has tremendous potential and it deserves to be given a chance to go on for the second season and so on. I think this is one show that is unique, refreshing, and universal for everyone to enjoy. Like Merlin, the show provide good actors who really put such serious effort on their performance especially Elliot Knight as Sinbad. The storytelling is well-written and offers colorful scenes as well as their special effects as a delightful frosting on the cake. Despite of other networks that have cancelled this show in the past, Sinbad is worth watching here in America. This is as good as it gets and even more. Please reconsider bringing it back.

Mike August 3, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Defiance gets a second season but Sinbad is cancelled? This is why I stopped watching SyFy channel and moved over to BBC America.

punahele88 July 28, 2013 at 1:35 pm

My son and I just found out that Sinbad got cancelled and we are so disappointed. I wonder if the tv execs know how hard it is to find family friendly and appropriate material to watch with your kids. Besides we really liked the show!!! Please reconsider bringing it back.

Cookie Herman July 28, 2013 at 12:46 pm

This was a great show! It was well put together! Fantastic special effects! Who ever cancelled it will be sorry. Bring it back!!!!

Kristi July 28, 2013 at 12:29 am

My son and I love watching Sinbad together. The moment my son watched the first episode he was hooked, he said it is his favorite show. Sad to see it has been cancelled.

J D Brooks July 25, 2013 at 10:41 pm

Please reconsider the cancellation. This is a Good series.

J D Brooks July 25, 2013 at 10:38 pm

Why is it that when the series is GOOD it gets cancelled?? I really like this show…I like
seeing Sinbad as a young man having adventures even though he does not always know
the answers to a lot of what’s happening. That is what youth is… exploring.

I certainly hope that the-powers-in-charge…re-think this.

MichaelBelt July 25, 2013 at 4:47 pm

It boggles the mind at how tv executives can be so dumb as to cancel good shows like sinbad and keep reality tv garbage for what seems like for ever.

Ramey Rivera Jr August 3, 2013 at 5:30 pm

I totally agree with you dude…

kams July 22, 2013 at 2:35 am

I really enjoy the show and wish that production would give it a second go around. Good story telling and really appreciate the multiracial casting. Not something you would normally see.

Daphne J. July 21, 2013 at 12:15 am

I will miss the show. I was looking forward to a second season. The casting/acting was awesome.

McArthur, Richard July 14, 2013 at 9:06 pm

I like the show. I’m rather bummed that it’s cancelled; I hoped to see a lot more of it.

DLWilson July 7, 2013 at 4:58 pm

I think “Sinbad” is one of those remarkable series, with excellent writing, acting and production values, that doesn’t gain enough audience to satisfy the suits — and their dilemma is certainly valid, they have to show a profit, and this is an expensive show. But it’s a great show, with the kind of story line that combines action, conflicts of conscience with a serious thread of moral concerns, intrigue and fantasy. This is great storytelling and filmmaking. May it endure.

neverann June 29, 2013 at 9:35 pm

I really like the show and was looking forward to the second season

highly upset August 3, 2013 at 2:39 pm

SINBAD IS THE ONLY REASON WHY I AM WATCHING SYFY PERIOD. WHY WOULD THESE DUMMIES CANCEL IT!!??!! DO THEY NOT KNOW A GOOD SHOW WHEN THEY SEE ONE?? SHAME ON THEM. SYFY NEEDS TO BRING SINBAD BACK ASAP!!!