Single Ladies: VH1 Series Cancelled, No Season Four

Single Ladies canceledThere won’t be a fourth season of Single Ladies on VH1. The cable channel has cancelled their original series after three seasons on the air.

In a statement, VH1 said, “We’ve been proud to deliver three seasons of the drama, romance and style that engaged viewers in each episode of Single Ladies. Although we’ve decided not to move forward with another season, we hope to work again with the talented cast, creatives and producers as well as our partners at Flavor Unit Entertainment in the near future. We also thank the show’s fans for their support since the premiere in 2011.”

Single Ladies revolves around the lives of three close female friends who have different views on love, sex, and relationships. The cast includes Denise Vasi, LisaRaye McCoy-Misick, Charity Shea, Kassandra Clementi, Travis Winfrey, Harold House Moore, Terrell Tilford, LeToya Luckett, and D. B. Woodside.

Season three is currently airing and will wrap on March 24th. This season has averaged 2.17 million viewers, a slight decline from season two’s audience of 2.27 million.

The cancellation comes a couple days after VH1 picked up a new drama called Hindsight. The cable channel’s other original scripted series — Hit the Floor — was renewed for a second season last year.

What do you think? Did you like the Single Ladies TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for another year?

EL March 12, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Single Ladies is a decent show, its entertaining to watch every week, not to keen on the amateur acting from very experience actors/actress, but it kept me watching. It’s sad to see it go, but hope to see majority of the faces in other upcoming shows/series/movies.

Yolanda March 12, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Renew it it is so good it’s so real

Naa S. March 11, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Single Ladies is the ONLY reason I watch VH1. I can’t believe that the executives would cancel a show that has a loyal following. There has to be some other reason that VH1 would cancel this fun, entertaining show. Very disappointed!

DRW March 10, 2014 at 11:22 pm

Just when a show is getting good, you cancel it. Unbelievable! You’re messing up, VH1….

Arod15 March 10, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Please don’t cancel Single Ladies the plot is really getting good

Anonymous March 10, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Please don’t cancel single ladies. I love that show.

Drea March 10, 2014 at 8:41 am

I luv Single Ladies when they very first aired. It’s really selfish to cancel very high rated shows amd keep the ones who’s rating are low. I hope to see the entire cast again very soon. Luv Lisaraye and especially Malcolm very sexy bad boy brother.

Anonymous March 11, 2014 at 1:36 am

I love single ladies. If they brought the game back, they can certainly bring single ladies back. Vh1 is making a HUGE HUGE MISTAKE!!!!

GWEN GAILLARD March 8, 2014 at 1:40 pm

love the single lady i just do not understand why would you cancel such a great show the rating are very very good . IT doing better then a lots of show especially the Kardashians an we no there rating are low an they didnt cancel that please bring our show back please

Jaimie March 7, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Don’t cancel single ladies! Give us season 4! Pleasssse!

Kate March 5, 2014 at 5:15 pm

Wow really disappointed this is a great show that should NOT be cancelled!
Thanks for three fun seasons I have enjoyed each one!!

Chris Hollins March 5, 2014 at 1:31 pm

It is a great show you should not cancel it!

Eve March 4, 2014 at 11:05 pm

No….bring single ladies back. PLEASE!!!!

Melissa c March 4, 2014 at 8:11 pm

I can’t believe what I’m reading. Single ladies is such a great show. Why would they cancel it? Pretty ladies, cute men, cute and funny Omar , lots if fashion , and romance. It’s drama free no fighting no ghetto people cursing and fighting. Classy and cute show. I’m hoping and praying that the show comes back on for a couple more seasons. However , VH1 can definitely cancel basketball wives . Now that show needs to go.
I love single ladies and hoping it comes back on. Hopefully another network will pick up the show. #loyalfan

Melissa March 5, 2014 at 11:35 am

I agree Melissa! I am so disappointed. Finally we had a tasteful, fun dramedy and it’s been cancelled! I absolutely hate the new basket ball wives. The ratchetness is on 3000! I dont think I will be watching it. After the first two episodes, I’m over it!

Brownsugar March 4, 2014 at 1:50 pm

It is very disappointing to learn that Single Ladies has been cancelled. I agree with a couple of the responses already made, VHI rather have fighting and chaos on their network. Hopefully, another network will pick up the show because it definitely deserves at least two – three more seasons. #Trufan

CT March 4, 2014 at 1:35 pm

I love the Single Ladies series, it is one show that don’t have alot of women fighting. I was wandering why it wasn’t in my scheduled recordings on yesterday, March 3, 2014. They need to go rescue Raquel, so the show can’t be over. Hopefully since they have until March 24th, it will come back on next week. Well yes, hopefully we will see the cast members sooner than later on another series.