Single Ladies: VH1 Series Cancelled, No Season Four

Single Ladies canceledThere won’t be a fourth season of Single Ladies on VH1. The cable channel has cancelled their original series after three seasons on the air.

In a statement, VH1 said, “We’ve been proud to deliver three seasons of the drama, romance and style that engaged viewers in each episode of Single Ladies. Although we’ve decided not to move forward with another season, we hope to work again with the talented cast, creatives and producers as well as our partners at Flavor Unit Entertainment in the near future. We also thank the show’s fans for their support since the premiere in 2011.”

Single Ladies revolves around the lives of three close female friends who have different views on love, sex, and relationships. The cast includes Denise Vasi, LisaRaye McCoy-Misick, Charity Shea, Kassandra Clementi, Travis Winfrey, Harold House Moore, Terrell Tilford, LeToya Luckett, and D. B. Woodside.

Season three is currently airing and will wrap on March 24th. This season has averaged 2.17 million viewers, a slight decline from season two’s audience of 2.27 million.

The cancellation comes a couple days after VH1 picked up a new drama called Hindsight. The cable channel’s other original scripted series — Hit the Floor — was renewed for a second season last year.

What do you think? Did you like the Single Ladies TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for another year?

Canceled and renewed TV show

114 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Ms wilson says

I couldn’t get into Single Ladies at first but was able to review a marathon and have been hooked ever since. I looked forward to Mondays so that I could unwind, and watch my show then to hear it’s being canceled??? I really don’t understand why, 2.17 compared to 2.27 is still pretty good. A Very Bad decision….

2. Anonymous says

Don’t cancel Single Ladies. Every week I get so excited to watch it. I love Keisha and Malcom. They belong together and I hope they get married. PLEASE DON’T CANCEL “SINGLE LADIES”.

3. SO says

Not sure what’s going on with these tv channels. They’d rather put those dumb a– reality shows on. What is this world coming to when everyone wants to watch ignorant people do stupid on TV. Hopefully someone will pick this show up like the Game.

4. West says

I really enjoyed Single Ladies! It was very entertaining and the fashions both for men and women were spectacular! I surely hope that the show will return by popular demand !

5. Liz says

I am truly sorry that the show was cancelled, it was an excellent story line and just loved the women what they experienced. So much better than reality tv. I would love to see someone else pick-up the show.

6. Tenishea says

The sad thing is the reality shows that shine a light on being uneducated and ratchet will continue on. I hate this. I really enjoy the show.

7. Teresa says

Please don’t cancel Single Ladies, Love this show. Every time I like a show its gets cancelled. This show has a better story line than those reality shows. Those are not reality shows a reality would be watching people struggle in real life like me. At least Single Ladies a had area feel to it. I don’t watch any of your so called reality shows. Guess You have lost another viewer.

8. Anonymous says

VH1 needs to get rid of some of the Reality shows that have airing. Single Ladies is a TV show where I can relate too & be excited to watch whether it’s airing on Monday nights or rerunning. Someone needs to consider picking this show up. I have been a fan since day 1 & the story line has been good & now their cancelling it.

9. Michelle says

Personally, I really enjoy the show Single Ladies. I look forward to Monday nights just to see the ladies in action. Some of those other shows need to be discontinued like Basketball Wives LA and Love & Hip Hop New York.

10. anonymous says

what a heartbreak. Wonderful actors, story lines that keep your interest AND the want to see the next episode. I have been a fan since the series started and I am extremely disappointed that this show will not return. I have no interest in any of the shows that VH1 is keeping. Please, someone PICK THIS UP.

11. Bonita Hayes says

Wow I’m surprise a little that the network has decided to cancel single ladies. It was nice to watch a show that had a real and believeable story line.
    There is so much reality tv now, it was nice to watch a show were
    There were real actors.
    Many of us viewers could relate to the story line. I wish the network
    Would reconsider the cancellation and give us another season.
    Three strong women living their life on their terms , is a nice break from reality
    Tv even if its make believe.

12. Anonymous says

Someone please pick this show up. This is a great show one worth watching, why the hell would you all take this show off? Everyone is screaming to keep but you all are ignoring the demands.

13. Denise says

This is crazy. These are some of the best actors!!! You have all these crazy reality show and you put on a show that is great plot and drama and then X it. This is a great show and great entertainment and you should listen to the public and keep the show. Just like we are all waiting for Hit the Floor to come back. These are the shows you should be putting on not Basketball Wives and Mob Wives, etc… these are shows are just poorly done shows and you opt for that??? BRING THE GOOD SHOWS WITH PLOTS AND DRAMA… NOT THE SCREWED UP REALITY SHOWS. SINGLE LADIES NEEDS TO BE RENEWED!!!!! DO WHAT THE PUBLIC WANTS!!!!!

14. Anonymous says

Single ladies is a great show, with an excellent story line…. It bothers me when producers makes decisions such as this, but will keep bringing shows like the game back season after season….. If cancellation was going to be the end result, why heat it up this season….. These show producers are lame… Please someone else pick the show back up