Single Ladies: VH1 Series Cancelled, No Season Four

Single Ladies canceledThere won’t be a fourth season of Single Ladies on VH1. The cable channel has cancelled their original series after three seasons on the air.

In a statement, VH1 said, “We’ve been proud to deliver three seasons of the drama, romance and style that engaged viewers in each episode of Single Ladies. Although we’ve decided not to move forward with another season, we hope to work again with the talented cast, creatives and producers as well as our partners at Flavor Unit Entertainment in the near future. We also thank the show’s fans for their support since the premiere in 2011.”

Single Ladies revolves around the lives of three close female friends who have different views on love, sex, and relationships. The cast includes Denise Vasi, LisaRaye McCoy-Misick, Charity Shea, Kassandra Clementi, Travis Winfrey, Harold House Moore, Terrell Tilford, LeToya Luckett, and D. B. Woodside.

Season three is currently airing and will wrap on March 24th. This season has averaged 2.17 million viewers, a slight decline from season two’s audience of 2.27 million.

The cancellation comes a couple days after VH1 picked up a new drama called Hindsight. The cable channel’s other original scripted series — Hit the Floor — was renewed for a second season last year.

What do you think? Did you like the Single Ladies TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for another year?

Pamela April 3, 2014 at 3:54 pm

I am really, truly tired of VH1 always wants to cancel a show due to picking up new shows. Really, the decline in viewers was not drastic at all. Did VH1 ever think about who was on at the same time Single Ladies were on? VH1 never has long running series. It is always a deal breaker with them when something happens. I guarantee these shows VH1 is picking up will not be a greater hit than the ones VH1 cancels. I am not a VH1 fan at all. What caught my attention is Single Ladies and Mob Wives. It was more like a drama series than a reality show for a change. It was a series compare to what is playing on VH1 now. Some people are getting fed up with REALITY SHOWS. I don’t watch many at all. I guess you can count on one hand using less fingers to say that is how many reality shows entertain me. It is SAD and PATHETIC to cancel Single Ladies therefore bring the series back for season 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, why not!!! If you need better writers get the one who writes for Scandal and Grey Anatomy if that is the case. Get somebody…..PERIOD Just bring Single Ladies back.

Iyo April 1, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Please Please don’t cancel single ladies !!

Kiki April 1, 2014 at 3:02 pm

I agree with you Tay! I am not a happy camper here! I had no idea that last Monday was the last episode of the series. I need to know what happens with all of the characters….I’m too through! But Keedra, I am right with you…Season 4 will happen…speaking it into existance!

Please find another network willing to take the show! PLEASE!

Anonymous April 1, 2014 at 2:56 pm

I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY ENDED THE SHOW! I missed something because I did not even know last week was the last season episode let alone the last series episode. I hope Queen and the Flava Unit shop the show around to another channel. You can’t just end a show on every cliffhanger possible. GEEEZ! Who do I need to write????? TELL ME! It was a darn good show DAGNABBIT! BLAH! UUUUGH!

#onepissedSLfan

angela April 1, 2014 at 1:32 pm

I think it should be renewed with all the ladies being married with husbands

PJ COLLINS April 1, 2014 at 9:26 am

I AM GOING TO MISS THIS SHOW,THE FASHIONS THE CHARACTERS AND EVERYTHING.I WANT A SEASON 4
SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND WEEPING

B. fUNCHES April 1, 2014 at 2:26 am

I am really sad that this show was cancelled! I loved everyone, the cast, the story line, and the most handsome black brothers in the show. That is what I loved the most. And I loved Omar, and the girls, I am really gonna miss this show. I am your no. 1 fan.

B. fUNCHES April 1, 2014 at 2:08 am

I am a Single Ladies fan! I am really gonna miss seeing everyone on the show. This was a

Juan March 31, 2014 at 9:53 pm

The show was great. I missed the last episode…hospital emergency with my 90 year old father. Nothing else would have taken me away from the Single Ladies show. I look forward to this show and there is not much on TV that I feel this way about. PLEASE don’t cancel this show.

keedra March 31, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Single ladies was one of my favorite show it actually displayed a lot of current issues women go through I love the show and all the characters please bring the show back with all the same people I’m speaking into the atmosphere single ladies season 4 will be back

Dee March 30, 2014 at 5:18 pm

Well I wonder will hindsight let VH1 know why I don’t watch their station anymore.

Najae March 29, 2014 at 2:50 am

I would like to make a correction thank you so much to Stacy A. Littlejohn your amazing for creating this show!! AMAZING! Thank you also to Queen for producing it! PLEASE don’t end!! Please!

Najae March 29, 2014 at 2:44 am

I really loved “Single Lady’s” the show was really inspirational. All three women inspired me in a different way to live out my dreams and be the best women I can. They were all different and that’s what I loved I saw myself in all of them and don’t get me started on there fashion sense. GREAT I loved every single outfit. Also sense I’m only 15 they showed me a few things about men like don’t trust then. No I’m just kidding just be careful well I just wanted to say it’s pretty mean to leave us hanging like that. Also I really wish it was renewed I pretty much cried when it ended because I felt like our friendship ended. Also I would miss the Keisha April Raquel and Omar. I have so many questions on what would happen after. Finally thanks to Queen latifah for such a great show and bringing those three women into my life and changing it there really role models who I will all ways remember. Also thanx to the three beautiful women. I love you guys!

Tay March 28, 2014 at 12:27 am

Single ladies indeed was a well written good show although at times it could be little bit to much racy with all the sex scenes, but it really was a good show while it lasted, in my opinion VH-1 could have at least notified the cast and crew about the show not returning for 2015 season enough time so that they could have gave us all a proper ending while the show was still in production but because production was now over with this was actually a season finale but because they cancelled the show was a series finale, with this said VH-1 should have the chance by being nice and give us loyal fans what we all want and need a proper series finale of single ladies in the form of how they presented the series to us in a two hour series premiere movie , how about a two hour series finale movie.

Anonymous March 27, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Please don’t cancel Single ladies!! There is so much more good to come..Don’t cancel please bring single ladies back.