Sit Down, Shut Up: FOX Animated Series Returning, Will All Episodes Air?

Sit Down, Shut UpLast April, FOX aired promos that conceded that the network was sorry for cancelling Arrested Development. And, as a result, they were presenting a new series from Mitch Hurwitz, Sit Down, Shut Up.

Sit Down, Shut Up revolves around the dysfunctional faculty and staff at a high school in a small fishing town in Florida. The animated show features the voice talents of Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, Will Forte, Tom Kenny, Nick Kroll, Kristin Chenoweth, Cheri Oteri, Kenan Thompson, and Henry Winkler.

Though there were big expectations, few people felt like it measured up and not many watched the animated show. It was pulled after four weeks on the air.

Now, FOX has made plans to bring the series back, at least for a little while anyway. They’ll be airing at midnight on Saturday nights beginning September 12th. Repeats of Talkshow with Spike Feresten will precede the animated episodes.

Both cancelled programs (details here and here) are expected to run until October 31st. The following week, FOX’s new Saturday night talk series, The Wanda Sykes Show, is scheduled to take over the hour.

At that point in time, if all goes as scheduled, FOX will have run eight of the nine unaired episodes. Will the last episode air at some point in the future? It doesn’t look likely — and don’t expect the network to apologize for it this time.

Laurie January 25, 2010 at 10:56 am

This sho actually aired the full 13 episodes of season 1 on Saturday nights ar midnight. FOX should also take into account all the people who DVR or Tivo it, as well as those of us watching it on Hulu.

Anonymous January 3, 2010 at 12:29 am

this show is way too funny to just be canceled, give it to comedy central or AD where it will get a fair chance

Lilliana September 26, 2009 at 5:34 pm

I’m glad they brought this show back. It is very funny.

And can you people STOP with the “THIS SHOW IS THE WORST THING I’VE EVER SEEN” and all the crap? PEOPLE LIKE THIS SHOW TOO. Okay? I respect your opinion if you dislike it, but don’t say “ANYONE WHO WATCHES THIS IS STUPID” or anything like that.

The reason why this show had bad ratings because it never really had a change to shine. I mean, there was BARELY ANY ADVERTISING! I didn’t even hear of this show until the middle of summer! And I’m glad I did watch it. It is very entertaining. Thanks for giving this show another chance, FOX!

carrie September 21, 2009 at 2:19 am

never even heard of it untill today and i love it very funny if it were aired longer people would watch it more then they watch family guy bet

tony September 6, 2009 at 8:28 pm

Great show!! Can’t wait to have it back on.

Gvious August 3, 2009 at 10:47 am

I don’t’ think fox gave this show a chance to make it….Pulling it after airing only 4 episodes how crazy as that. Just as word of mouth about the show is going on they take it off the air!! Come on! or as they say in Arrested Development “You made a horrible mistake” It is not like Fox ever canceled a cartoon before and realize it was a mistake…cough cough FAMILY GUY. Sit down Shut up was funny, it just takes time to get the characters developed. Bring it back!

i August 2, 2009 at 11:43 am

i can’t wait! i LOVE this show! It’s definitely not for everybody but i really enjoyed it.

RJ July 21, 2009 at 9:24 pm

The animation on this is terrible! I watched the first episode and I cant believe I wasted my time. At least I know I will be watching Wanda Sykes on Saturday nights!

who cares July 17, 2009 at 12:16 pm

this show sucked. it was unfunny and awkward to watch. with its new time slot even lesser people will watch it

Jeremy July 17, 2009 at 12:23 am

Me as well! I loved this show. Too bad the ratings weren’t too stellar.

Kyle July 16, 2009 at 8:42 am

I guess I know where I will be on saturday nights!!