Six Degrees: ABC Pulls Drama for Second Time

Cancelled Six Degrees on ABCAfter miraculously returning to the airwaves after almost five months, it looks like ABC has now closed the book on Six Degrees.

Six Degrees debuted last Fall and was pulled after just six episodes due to low ratings. The network believed in the show and, after some retooling, production resumed on the 13 episode order. ABC returned Six Degrees to primetime on Friday, March 23rd.

There have been rumors that, if the series performed well, it was being seriously considered for a second season. Unfortunately, Six Degrees attracted a dismal 4.6 million viewers on March 23rd and then dropped to 3.2 million on March 30th.

As a result, Six Degrees has been pulled from the schedule effective immediately. Reruns of Wife Swap will air in that timeslot for the foreseeable future. Though it hasn’t been officially cancelled, there is little chance we’ll see the five unaired episodes or a second season. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Canceled and renewed TV show

54 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Kristina says

NOOOO I can’t believe Six Degrees might be canceled …..I started watching it a little late but I love it I really want to watch and see what happens next. Please Save the show

2. Michael says

I live in England and six degrees has been aired for the last six weeks we truly love the show and believe that it should it was one of the most original tv shows I have watched. In England I record the show and introduced it to my sister she watches the same episode again and again. I warm to all characters and the twists are fantastic. My fianc?e and I watches it in bed and look forward to next weeks show with eager anticipation. Well done to all who produced something so special. Michael

3. Denise says

I just checked to see when Six Degree’s was returning and to my horror ITS NOT !!!

That was a great show..save the show

4. Autumn says

This show was great! The demographic that this show really appeals to doesn’t normally watch TV on a friday night. There are plenty of nights other than friday that have nothing but crappy tv. Tuesday would be a great night to get this show back on. Give it a chance ABC. Get those morons who get paid to know what viewers are looking for to do a better job. And ABC wonders why they aren’t the top network!

5. Lisa says

I 6 Degrees was a great show! They should have given it a little more time, I think it would have been a hit… and maybe they should have thought about changing days and times…. Americans love their TV but there is only so much drama we can take in one night!

6. Maria says

I really liked the show and and upset that it was pulled off the air. The low ratings was probably due to the fact that it was on a friday night!!