Six Degrees: So, How Did It Do?

Jay Hernandez on Six Degrees on ABCAfter almost five months off the air, ABC returned Six Degrees to primetime on Friday night. The cast and crew have completed all 13 episodes and there are rumors that ABC may be interested in a second season. Unfortunately, because the decision for Six Degrees’ sophomore year is likely dependent on the return’s ratings, I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Friday’s episode attracted less than 4.6 million viewers, coming in fifth place in its timeslot. In addition, Six Degrees lost 700,000 viewers from its Grey’s Anatomy rerun lead-in. This new episode of Degrees was down almost three million viewers and 50% of 18-49 adults from the previous original episode that aired in November 2006.

Though no one is saying that the return isn’t a difficult one — airing on a Friday night after being off the air for 20 weeks — it’s looking unlikely that ABC will be able to justify ordering a second season. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Canceled and renewed TV show

8 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Lucinda says

I loved this show in 2006 and was very happy to see it return. I look forward to my Friday’s after working all week to relax and catch a show like “Six Degrees”. People like me that have simple lives…love to watch shows like this that they can relate to…Please keep this show on the AIR!!!

2. Krystle Marques says

I thought last weekend didnt air because of the holiday or something, so tonight i got all comphy and ready to go, and turned on the TV and POOF it wasnt there! So I check the net to see whats up and it is CANCLED?! Are you kidding me? What was the point of that? It isnt on the air for MONTHS, you give it a week and a half of advertizing and expect to gain a new audience? The tried and true fans have been waiting for this day and you give us a 2 episode tease? You should have aired the last couple of episodes, at least until the end of the season, and then make it a box set or something… ABC what are you up to? Where is the faith? Give us our finale!

3. says

I love this show!! Please reconsider, ABC and let us true fans have some closure. I realize you are appealing to the unintelligent with shows like Wife Swap, but come on!! Give the people with some brains what they want; SIX DEGREES.

4. Jared says

Of course people are not going to watch. How can they, when lame-ass ABC runs it, pulls it, runs it, pulls it. How can anyone want to watch something that is going to get pulled regardless. These network people are retarded. I love this damn show! Bring it back!

5. Liz says

I agree please air the last couple episodes, or make up a finale at least. The ones of us that enjoyed the show and were dedicated to watching it even after it came back deserve some sort of closure!!!

6. kathy says

I think CBS should pick up this refreshingly awesome new series since ABC obviously can’t market it so that viewers will watch…I mean it was supposed to be back in Jan and then just pops up at the end of March??? I think it’s a really good option to all the same ol’ cop or reality shows out there and if CBS had it, it would soar!!!

7. C Lyon says

aarrghhh Six Degrees, finally got to where I really like it and, seems like “of course” I see its not doing well and is not likely to return. With the exception of the chaffeur/killer character, this is very good and very entertaining! I set my TIVO even!