Smallville: Season 11 Coming to Bookstores?

Smallville season 11Are you one of those people who was disappointed to see Smallville end last May? We certainly heard from a lot of readers that wanted to see the show continue, to see how the lives of Clark, Lois, Chloe, Lex, and Oliver developed. Well, if you felt that way, you might just get your wish — sort of.

According to reports, Bryan Q. Miller is writing a novel that will pick up where the series finale of Smallville left off. The book will supposedly be published sometime next year and could potentially be the start of an in-print version of season 11 — either in novel form or ala the popular Buffy season eight comics. An official announcement should be forthcoming.

If anyone is suitable to write a Smallville, it seems like Miller is a good choice. He certainly has enough history with the TV series. Miller started on Smallville as an unpaid intern during season five. He was hired as a writers’ assistant for season seven, was promoted to staff writer for season eight and went on to become the show’s executive story editor.

Miller has also written for DC Comics, including a three-book arc on Teen Titans and the recently re-launched Batgirl comic series.

What do you think? Would you want to read a novel that would continue the Smallville story? Would you prefer a comic series, books or both? Would you be interested in an audio book version? Who should read it?

Canceled and renewed TV show

22 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Aaron bolton says

I mynt to using chloe feelings for
    clark it only way
    I using her feelings to get smallville season 11 back
    for you if soon smallville we neet season 11 get it back you can get is on tv
    by Aaron Bolton

2. Aaron bolton says

I be there even I not there you betters hold on as always
    strong and I always beling a fan always be a fan rest of my wortld life
    only you can get season 11 back for smallville
    for all fans and especially me clark chloe
    chloe she should hold on for clark
    she maybe with clark somepoint
    come back smallville we want all fans want season 11
    with tom welliag and allison mack
    by Aaron Bolton

3. Aaron bolton says

smallville season 11 you get is on tv season 11 now heart is love now all fan I want smallville season 11 make it out now but is
    on you tube and now but is tv Aaron Bolton say so 1 move get clark chloe
    not clark lois no lois get clark chloe together Aaron Bolton say so
    by Aaron Bolton

4. Aaron bolton says

oliver met kara in smallville season 10 get them together I how is true love I how all about love I see in love love is in your heart dont hurt
    him and is feel in is heart is want you kara I see your eye
    make it smallville season 11
    by Aaron Bolton
    Aaron say so

5. Aaron bolton says

will clark chloe go out on date on smallville season 11 I how is clark and Lois clark lois lois clark in I knaw about clark lois I knaw about
    all superman is clark lois that is all in past life
    bat new all about clark chloe be together in smallville season 11
    new book about it
    them you for do it for me
    by Aaron Bolton them you my comment

6. Aaron bolton says

I mean eueruthing I said on comments smallville meeds to carry on and do a season 11 get is on tv
    by Aaron Bolton
    say so

7. Aaron bolton says

them you for smallville season 11 you dont how means to my life
    by Aaron Bolton them you you dont how means to me

8. Aaron bolton says

T in smallville season 2 chloe have ehis feeling for clark kent l watchung
    smallvill season 2 l Aaron Bolton feel terrible for chloe and clark kent had no
    right to be with lana and lois lane clark you had no right to hurt chole feel but smallville season 11 to but clark chole to be together
    by Aaron Bolton say so

9. Aaron bolton says

I Aaron Bolton I fall in love justin hartley and allison mack and Laura vanderoort and cassidy freeman and Alan Ritchson you dont know what means to me in my life I want all come back to smallville season 11
    make mayb tom welliag

10. Aaron bolton says

smallville season 11 but is on tv but clark chloe in love
    oliver kara in love smallville season 11
    Aaron say so
    by Aaron Bolton

11. Sarah says

Personally, I hope it doesnt’t happen at all in any form. They need to leave well enough alone. The only way I would be okay with it would be if they kept Clois together as a couple and didn’t all of a sudden go off their own mythology to following the comics.

12. Liam says

I’m a big comic book fan, but with the recent re-launch of the DC comics universe and the re-invention of all of their characters, I actually hope they don’t do this in Comic book form, it will just get confusing. There should only be one version of Superman in the comics.

So, I vote for novels. I’d love to see the story continue in book format. Audio book could also be fun, for those long car rides 😉

• Kat says

Good point, the New 52 is going to make any comic book form of the series too confusing. Not to mention a lot of fans of the show seem to think they’re too good for comic books, if the comments on this site are any indication (which is ironic, considering Smallville’s rich source material). The only character I’d be interested in reading about is Lana; I feel like the rest of the characters got a good send-off in the series itself.

13. says

Book or “Graphic Novel”? I could see a book series ala “Harry Potter”, but if they’re just going to release a bunch of cartoons and call it a “Graphic Novel” I’d just rather they didn’t. You can call it what you want but it’s still just a comic book. Weaksauce!

14. Colleen says

I hope they don’t do it in comic form….. I don’t care for reading comics myself. I know they’re very popular but as something I would sit down and read, I just don’t see it. I wish Buffy season 8 had been released in regular book format as well.