Smallville: Season 11 Published in April

Smallville season 11As we discussed back in December, DC Comics is publishing a comic book that will pick up the Smallville TV series in print form.

Smallville Season 11 is being written by one of the show’s writers, Bryan Q. Miller, and picks up six months after the series finale. The first issue will be released digitally on April 13th and will be released in print on May 16th, just a few days after the one-year anniversary of the last episode broadcast.

If the cover is any indication, it looks like fans will finally be able to get a good look at Clark in his super-suit.

Here’s the press release with all of the details:

ANNOUNCING SMALLVILLE SEASON 11

Smallville Fans Rejoice! New Comic Book Series, SMALLVILLE SEASON 11, to Pick Up Where Show Left Off

Fans of the smash-hit TV series Smallville haven’t had much to cheer about since the show ended its critically acclaimed 10-year run on The CW last May. That’s all going to change with the upcoming new comic book series from DC Entertainment: SMALLVILLE SEASON 11. Written by former Smallville show scribe Bryan Q. Miller, the new digital first series will be published digitally on April 13, 2012, with new digital chapters released weekly thereafter. Additionally, the online chapters will be offered in a print periodical, along with an episode guide to the hit television series, with the first print issue released on May 16.

The new comic book series picks-up where the show left off (with Clark officially now as Superman!) and features other fan-favorite characters including Oliver Queen/Green Arrow, Chloe Sullivan-Queen, Lois Lane, Lex Luthor, and General Lane. The book features an all-star creative team – in addition to Miller, SMALLVILLE SEASON 11 creators include print cover artist Gary Frank (SUPERMAN SECRET ORIGIN), digital cover artist Cat Staggs and interiors by Pere Perez (BATGIRL).

“Six months after Clark Kent donned the cape and took to the skies to save Earth from Apokolips… enter Season 11!” enthuses Miller. “New allies abound! New enemies afoot! And old friends return where they’re least expected! Pere and colorist Chris Beckett have done a fantastic job of capturing the look of the show and the players, and Gary and Cat are knocking it out of the park on covers. I couldn’t be more excited to help give seasoned viewers and new readers an all-access pass to Clark’s first year in the cape.”

Smallville: The Complete Series is available on DVD now.

What do you think? Will you be checking out the new Smallville comic? If so, will you purchase the digital or print version?

EMMANUEL April 21, 2012 at 12:16 pm

WELL FIRST I’M FROM A LITTLE TOWN OF OAXACA MEXICO, AND NOT EVEN HERE COMES THE SEASON ELEVEN. SO I DON’T KNOW WHAT’S HAPPENING . JUST A SUGGESTION . I THINK THE END OF SMALLVILLE MUST BE LIKE THE ORIGINALS MOVIES I MEAN FIGHT VS LEX OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT

Andz February 21, 2012 at 6:40 am

I agree with Grandizer. Personally I feel there were still a number of aspects left unanswered that could have been wrapped up in one more season and the whole CGI Superman bit left me somewhat disappointed.

Oh and last comment, “While Season 10 had problems, I think it was more due to the writers wrapping up the series rather then telling stories at a different pace”, I couldn’t agree more.

Again, one or two more seasons would have sufficed…just saying.

Grandizer February 10, 2012 at 12:00 pm

I hope it proves to them that they should never have cancelled the series at that point in the story line.
While Season 10 had problems, I think it was more due to the writers wrapping up the series rather then telling stories at a different pace.

Greg February 10, 2012 at 7:36 am

LOL, freaking cartoon books. What a joke and a poke in the eye to TV series fans.
I’ll be passing on that thank you.

Jr February 10, 2012 at 6:34 am

BAH change that headline, You got my hopes way up only to dash them hard… this is a website about TV series, not comic books… so I assumed the best, and now I cry.

Shonquisha Blob February 9, 2012 at 8:38 pm

We are looking forward to it!

Kat February 9, 2012 at 1:06 pm

When I saw “Smallville: Season 11 Coming in April” I was like “whaaaaat?” but then I figured it had to be a comic book continuation in the vein of other shows, like Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8. I’ve bought the entire Season 8 of Buffy and various Angel comics, too… so I think I’ll save my money for Buffy Season 9 and the concurrent Angel & Faith series. Still, might buy the first issue for nostalgia’s sake! “And old friends return where they’re least expected!” It would be cool if this meant bringing back Lana and Supergirl in addition to the previously announced Lex Luthor, now that they don’t have to worry about actors’ schedules. I’m also wondering which actor the comic book General Lane will resemble… I’m hoping Michael Ironside!