Smash: Last Episodes to Air Sunday, May 26th

Smash series finaleWhile NBC hasn’t said that Smash has been officially cancelled, there’s just no way that they’ll be renewing it for a third season. The ratings were awful on Tuesday nights and the network moved it to Saturdays to burn off the remaining episodes. No doubt the execs are lamenting the decision to order so many.

NBC will air the final two episodes on Sunday, May 26th. Here are the details:

Upcoming highlights in April/May

SMASH

· Now airs at 8 PM on Saturdays

· Season finale will air on Sunday, 5/26, from 9-11 PM

· Kathie Lee Gifford performs a musical number on 4/27

SMASH

4/27/13 8:00 PM

THE PRODUCERS

An off-the-rail Jimmy (Jeremy Jordan) threatens “Hit List’s” future, as Karen (Katharine McPhee), Derek (Jack Davenport), Ana (Krysta Rodriguez) and Kyle (Andy Mientus) try to help him before something bad happens. Tom (Christian Borle) and Julia’s (Debra Messing) partnership is strained to the breaking point just as Ivy (Megan Hilty), Eileen (Anjelica Huston), and the entire “Bombshell” team are running themselves ragged to outshine the competition. Kathie Lee Gifford and Jesse L. Martin guest star.

5/4/13 8:00 PM

THE PHENOMENON

An unexpected event bonds both “Bombshell” and “Hit List.” Bernadette Peters and Jesse L. Martin guest star.

5/11/13 8:00 PM

THE TRANSFER

With his sights set on the Tony, Tom (Christian Borle) pulls out all the stops at a Houston & Levitt tribute night, but can Julia (Debra Messing) turn away from “Hit List” long enough to help? Ivy (Megan Hilty) is afraid of damaging her reputation when Tom asks her to perform a risqué number. The cast of “Hit List” is rocked by a betrayal close to home.

5/26/13 9-11 PM

THE NOMINATIONS / THE TONYS

It’s a crucial moment for both shows as Tony nominations loom, but keeping your eye on the prize can be hard. As Tom (Christian Borle) crosses an influential Tony voter and Ivy (Megan Hilty) copes with some very distracting news, Derek’s (Jack Davenport) past has repercussions for the entire “Hit List” team. On Tony night, the awards might not provide the answers everyone is looking for. As Jimmy (Jeremy Jordan) faces a final reckoning, Tom (Christian Borle), Julia (Debra Messing), Derek (Jack Davenport), Karen (Katharine McPhee), Ivy (Megan Hilty), and most of all, Eileen (Anjelica Huston) wait to see if the ceremony will confirm their place in the Broadway pantheon once and for all. Rosie O’Donnell, Cheyenne Jackson, Ron Rifkin, and Bernadette Peters guest star.

What do you think? Do you plan on watching the finale of Smash? Have you been watching on Saturday nights?

Katherine April 28, 2013 at 9:49 pm

I love smash! It’s the only musicial show out their! To all te people to hate it how dare you! Smash should go on for another season, but I’m afraid it won’t. We need more shows like these, but just on a channel that would get more hits.

Lydia M April 28, 2013 at 8:26 pm

I LOVE SMASH. So sorry I’m a Hulu watcher apparently my viewing doesn’t count. It’s the cancellation a forgone conclusion?

County Loyalist April 28, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Whoever decided to amputate half the cast of “Bombshell” and send them over to “Hit List” pretty much guaranteed the demise of Smash. Hard enough to produce one pretend musical with original songs and dances, but two? Diluting the story line burned the entire series. Much as I adored the first season, “Smash” is running parallel with “Glee” now; too many new characters I don’t care about and not enough of the characters I do like. It isn’t hopeless, but NBC seems determined to bury this series. Too bad, because it is intelligent, different, entertaining and so much is left to explore about a broadway musical beyond the opening night. The first season’s trajectory was too fast which left the sophomore season in peril, and now we see the result. It will be missed, but maybe “Glee” will jettison the high school scene and focus on all the NYADA students who are slowly assembling in NYC. Which is too bad, because the music in Glee just doesn’t stand up to what Smash did in Year 1.

Jennifer April 28, 2013 at 12:24 am

My husband and I love Smash. We have watched every single episode. Please don’t take it off!

dog girl April 26, 2013 at 9:50 pm

love it

Caroline Shanks April 26, 2013 at 10:01 am

I hope NBC renews it for another year, but why would you go for quality when you can have trashy quantity.

Linda Razo April 26, 2013 at 9:10 am

Please do not cancel SMASH, NBC! This is the best show on your network!!!

Donna April 25, 2013 at 10:26 pm

I LOVE this show and ONCE AGAIN a Network has messed it up! DON’T CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!! Bring people back as special guests if people are wanting to leave the show.. It’s one of the best shows on this Newtwork.. PLEASE! PLEASE listen to your viewing public!

diane barzykowski April 25, 2013 at 7:06 pm

So sorry to hear that smash is ending love the show and actors and actress. The songs were wonderful why would you take this show off of tv when their are so many lousy show you keep on? I will miss the cast and all the talent they displayed sad day for all smash fans.

Maggi Joseph April 25, 2013 at 5:01 pm

So sad that NBC doesn’t know how not to destroy a good show!

Chloe Whiston April 25, 2013 at 4:47 pm

I am so upset, every time we get a decent show on they cancel it, to put more junk on. Why?? Who are these idiots running the show ? they must go. Hire me I can make it happen so much better.

Trudy Speigner April 25, 2013 at 4:27 pm

I am so angry at the total mishandling of this show.

Joleta Worsham April 25, 2013 at 3:15 pm

We enjoy “Smash” . It is entertaining and what more would you want?

kim kinnear April 25, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Have loved every episode of Smash. Would hope that NBC would give it a 3rd season , but they have way too many garbage shows, I.e. Revolution, to keep a really quality show going! Too bad Smash wasn’t on a different network!!!!! Oh well, just less to watch on network T.V.

Vivian Dimmel April 25, 2013 at 9:14 am

I could handle SMASH being cancelled IF I didn’t believe it was an act of sabotage with the insane beginning of season 2 that put it in a coffin. Who changed the writers, changed the cast and changed what was a hit from season1? It could not survive the assault and for that I am angry with NBC.

Dave April 29, 2013 at 12:51 am

The network has been cutting its program budget for so many years that when it finally gets something good, it has no idea what to do with it. Season 1 left a great cliff hanger. Those watching would have jumped right back in in the fall, but the network brought it back in mid-season. The entertainment lead in of the Voice captured the right audience for the entire night, but the execs failed to see the obvious. The music is cross over, the talent is amazing (too good for network TV), and the two-show theme for season two was brilliant. I just caught up on the last couple episodes and they were flawless. Too flawless for a failing network. Perhaps a cable network will have the sense to pick this up. Actually, PBS would benefit as well. This is an amazing work. I think I will be skipping any further NBC programming.