Smash: Last Episodes to Air Sunday, May 26th

Smash series finaleWhile NBC hasn’t said that Smash has been officially cancelled, there’s just no way that they’ll be renewing it for a third season. The ratings were awful on Tuesday nights and the network moved it to Saturdays to burn off the remaining episodes. No doubt the execs are lamenting the decision to order so many.

NBC will air the final two episodes on Sunday, May 26th. Here are the details:

Upcoming highlights in April/May

SMASH

· Now airs at 8 PM on Saturdays

· Season finale will air on Sunday, 5/26, from 9-11 PM

· Kathie Lee Gifford performs a musical number on 4/27

SMASH

4/27/13 8:00 PM

THE PRODUCERS

An off-the-rail Jimmy (Jeremy Jordan) threatens “Hit List’s” future, as Karen (Katharine McPhee), Derek (Jack Davenport), Ana (Krysta Rodriguez) and Kyle (Andy Mientus) try to help him before something bad happens. Tom (Christian Borle) and Julia’s (Debra Messing) partnership is strained to the breaking point just as Ivy (Megan Hilty), Eileen (Anjelica Huston), and the entire “Bombshell” team are running themselves ragged to outshine the competition. Kathie Lee Gifford and Jesse L. Martin guest star.

5/4/13 8:00 PM

THE PHENOMENON

An unexpected event bonds both “Bombshell” and “Hit List.” Bernadette Peters and Jesse L. Martin guest star.

5/11/13 8:00 PM

THE TRANSFER

With his sights set on the Tony, Tom (Christian Borle) pulls out all the stops at a Houston & Levitt tribute night, but can Julia (Debra Messing) turn away from “Hit List” long enough to help? Ivy (Megan Hilty) is afraid of damaging her reputation when Tom asks her to perform a risqué number. The cast of “Hit List” is rocked by a betrayal close to home.

5/26/13 9-11 PM

THE NOMINATIONS / THE TONYS

It’s a crucial moment for both shows as Tony nominations loom, but keeping your eye on the prize can be hard. As Tom (Christian Borle) crosses an influential Tony voter and Ivy (Megan Hilty) copes with some very distracting news, Derek’s (Jack Davenport) past has repercussions for the entire “Hit List” team. On Tony night, the awards might not provide the answers everyone is looking for. As Jimmy (Jeremy Jordan) faces a final reckoning, Tom (Christian Borle), Julia (Debra Messing), Derek (Jack Davenport), Karen (Katharine McPhee), Ivy (Megan Hilty), and most of all, Eileen (Anjelica Huston) wait to see if the ceremony will confirm their place in the Broadway pantheon once and for all. Rosie O’Donnell, Cheyenne Jackson, Ron Rifkin, and Bernadette Peters guest star.

What do you think? Do you plan on watching the finale of Smash? Have you been watching on Saturday nights?

Ted May 5, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Yes, I’ve watched it from day one. Even when they moved it to Saturday nights (which I knew was the death’s knell), I continue to watch it. It gives so much insight into the interior (behind the scenes) working of Broadway. Yes, it is soapy at times, but the singing and dancing and story line are beyond terrific. I gave up on GLEE when the characters became caricatures and the storyline so unbelievable (I’m a teacher) and so far-fetched that it was simply not worth watching anymore. SMASH continues to spellbind. I wish there were a way to save it!!!!!

Sue B May 5, 2013 at 7:58 pm

I have watched it from the beginning. Season 2 killed it. I love watching Karen and Ivy.

Roadrunner May 5, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Too bad, the first season whilst very soapy seemed to have a bit more cohesion than the second. I did enjoy the second season too ,even though the two hottest guys were gone. After watching the last episode I was wishing that Jimmy had been run over, I think Karen’s brain must be a fried egg to prefer Jimmy to Dev (even tho he did cheat) Jimmy needs to come out of diapers. Wishing it would be renewed, but maybe Hulu will pick it up, they revived the ABC soaps!

Anita R May 5, 2013 at 1:56 pm

This was the best, most refreshing show to hit TV in years. I am not surprised it is being cancelled because it is sophisticated, and it is entertaining with old-fashioned music and acting. It does not involve eating insects or splaying open cadavers or screaming at children. Evidently that is what the majority of the public wants to see. I am sad to see it go, but I am grateful it was on. This doesn’t say much for our viewing TV audience of today.

Ave May 5, 2013 at 1:52 pm

SMASH is a wonderful show and deserves 1 more season. The singing is wonderful, the dancing amazing, the friendships/love relationships shouldn’t end now … there is just so much more this show has to offer. NBC, wake up and recognize quality programing when you have it, don’t let it fade away.

Stuart S May 5, 2013 at 10:31 am

I love this show! I may not always catch it when it originally airs, but I never miss an episode. The performances are phenomenal, and the songs are riveting. I am so upset it is being canceled!

Sue B. May 5, 2013 at 12:54 am

I’ve never missed an episode. I think the show is great! Why would you cancel it?

Patricia B May 5, 2013 at 12:48 am

I enjoyed this show. Especially when they got into Hit List as well. The music was always good and liked the drama between the characters. Sorry NBC is making such a bad decision to cancel this show. It is one of their few shows I actually liked.

Anonymous May 4, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Great show why would they cancel????……so so pissed off!!!! Why do all the good shows get cancelled…..all these reality shows are crap…..please keep it on…

Karen May 4, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I’ve been watching since the first episode and I love it! NBC, don’t cancel this show!

diana May 4, 2013 at 9:49 pm

I have been watching smash. Its one a very few dramas I watch regularly besides madmen. I had a lot of hopes for smash with its great cast and who could think of more great drama then what goes on behind the scenes of creating a Broadway show. The first season had some fun moments and this season I had a major love hate relationship with it. I think the first few episodes were dreadful with Jennifer hudson guest starring (pointless?). The plot turning karen into some simpering love sick idiot that looks like angry from the 7 dwarfs was so stupid. Seriously she is giving up a major role in a broadway show to follow that self absorbed mean spirited idiot around. Anyway I could go on and on. The show was very much a soap opera with some good music and nice performances. Will miss Jake Davenport. Loved him on BBC couplings. Well take to TV never Neverland smash. Adieu and goodnight Mrs calabash wherever u are!

Bnnie May 4, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Love the show . Sorry they moved it to Saturday, but still watch. Hope they renew it.

Anonymous April 30, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Yes I will be watching. I love the show

Howard B. April 30, 2013 at 2:15 pm

To paraphrase “A Chrous Line,” “God, I hope they keep it; I really need this show.”

Michael T April 29, 2013 at 12:14 pm

I have really enjoyed “Smash” from the very first episode. The songs are truly first rate, as is much of the acting. An all-around very entertaining show. But I suspect part of the reason that it hasn’t caught “fire” with a larger viewing audience is that some of the characters are just not likable. I realize that every story line has to have some antagonists, but the audience still needs to be (at least) “interested” in them. In a few cases on Smash….I just wished a few of the characters would just ‘go away’.
But what I really loved about this show, is that it reminds me a lot of former hit shows like “ER” and “The West Wing”. It gives the viewer a chance to see the inner workings of a professional process; behind the scenes, so to speak. “ER” gave us a county hospital. “The West Wing” gave us the White House. “Smash” shows us the process of financing and producing a Broadway production. It’s intelligent, enlightening, engaging and truly worth watching. Too bad it had such a short shelf life.