So You Think You Can Dance: Renewed for Season 10 by FOX

so you think you can dance season 10FOX has decided to renew So You Think You Can Dance for a 10th season. Executive producer and judge Nigel Lythgoe announced the news via Twitter, writing, “Great news for Christmas: FOX officially picked up Season 10 of #SYTYCD # DanceOnFox. First audition City Austin TX. #MyBestChristmasGift”

Lythgoe didn’t offer any further details but, based on last summer’s ratings, SYTYCD will air once a week during the summer of 2013.

The ninth season of SYTYCD ran for 15 episodes, from May until September, and averaged a 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.47 million total viewers.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear the dance competition will be back for another year?

Canceled and renewed TV show

7 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. debra says

I have loved DWTS every since it aired, I too was disappointed when it went to once a week. PLEASE bring it back to TWICE a week

2. Anne says

The ONLY “reality” show that isn’t fake! We Canadians are still trying to get over the cancellation of SYTYCD Canada-nobody saw that one coming!!! Thank god we can watch the American show. Can’t wait.

3. Bets says

The once a week format sucks! Bring it back for twice a week like seasons 1 – 8! This show is fantastic and deserves the time!!!

4. says

I enjoy this show and look forward to its return. It is wonderful to see all these talented people. I marvel at the talent they have to offer.

5. Jeannine says

SYTYCD is my favourite show. I wish they could go back to twice a week, can’t get enough. These kids are terrific and the judges give good advise
    from Toronto Canada

6. laurie says

I am a mom ,i am 50 years old and i love the show ,i record it every week and when my husband of 29 years comes home off the hi way we watch it together,even though i have already watched it we just cant get enough ,Thank You so much for this up coming season Laurie & Gerry St Jacques Edmonton ,Alberta ,Canada

7. Awbcjules says

SYTYCD is my favorite show! I am beyond excited to hear this news. I look forward to the end of American zidol, because then I know that Dance is going to start back up. Happy Snoopy Dance!!