So You Think You Can Dance: Season 11 Ratings

so you think you can dance fox tv show ratingsLast season, because of declining ratings, FOX continued airing So You Think You Can Dance just once a week but the ratings continued to fall. Will they continue to decline or start to climb? Could it be cancelled this time or will it be renewed for a 12th season?

Hosted by Cat Deeley, So You Think You Can Dance is a competition that pits dancers of various backgrounds against one another to become “America’s Favorite Dancer.” Nigel Lythgoe and Mary Murphy have returned as the permanent judges, often sharing the table with guests like Adam Shankman, Mia Michaels, Jenna Dewan-Tatum, Wayne Brady, Jenna Elfman, and Christina Applegate.

The higher a show’s ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better its chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

Final season averages: 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.11 million total viewers.

These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the So You Think You Can Dance TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a 12th season?

Peggy August 7, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Tired of this show and I use to dance. Too much contemporary. I would like to see some re-creations of great dances, i.e. Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, Ginger, etc. I want to see if those dances can be done by today’s artists.

CWS August 7, 2014 at 2:13 pm

I love the show so much – yes, sometimes they invited lousy judges that makes me mad, but overall, it is still one of the best reality shows I’ve seen.

I hope it is never canceled.

CWS August 7, 2014 at 2:11 pm

This is the only TV show I watch – please please please don’t cancel it.

Dee August 6, 2014 at 10:45 pm

I ment to say I DVR the show sometimes (auto correct)

Dee August 6, 2014 at 10:36 pm

I have been watching this show since Nick Lazzarini was the winner it’s the only TV show I can watch with my whole family. The dancers make me happy make me cry they give me goosebumps.This show let’s you see dancers and choreographers as never seen before.I watch so you think every week and if I can’t watch it I did it and sometimes I do both just so I can see it over again. PLEASE DON’T CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!!!!

Freddie c August 5, 2014 at 10:09 pm

I am in the older category and I really love the show and have been watching it with my significant other for awhile now. I do not like dancing with the stars, it is too political and phony. The real stars of the future are the men and women who compete on this very special show. Week after week I get to enjoy the best costume, lighting and choreography. I can think of no other show that gives me (truth)goose bumps. With all this going for it, what attracted me at first is the way the judges treat people, with compassion and honesty. It would be a tremendous lost to the United States if fox pulls this show . God bless the creators and producers.

Peace and Love. Fred

Kaylee July 25, 2014 at 3:13 am

I have been watching SYTYCD for as along as I can remember and im 14. I can remember Travis losing to Benji. Its vague but give me some create I was like 2 or 3! SYTYCD will always be in my heart. Me and my sister have kicked my parent off the t.v to watch it this season. I don’t know what I will do with out SYTYCD. Im a dancer so each season the dancers from SYTYCD inspire me to work harder to become a better dancer like them! Sometimes I swear this generation wouldn’t be able to see talent if it hit them in the head or an amazing t.v show! I have been watching SYTYCD on demand all summer along with the shows every week! DON’T CANCEL SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE!!!!!

Pseudonymous July 19, 2014 at 6:01 pm

This show is spectacular. I can understand hating American Idol or Dancing With the Stars. (American is for average singers. Dancing With the a Stars only does ballroom and the judges hold up paddles with numbers?!?!?) So You Think a you Can Dance has terrific dancers who dance amazing choreography.

E July 11, 2014 at 2:28 pm

The fact of the matter is SYTYCD is failing miserably as each week goes by. I predict it will be cancelled. Unfortunately, dance does not always translate in a popularity contest to the general public.The only people I know watching it are currently ravenously addicted dancers watching family, friends, and those they follow on YOUTUBE etc.. SYTYCD is ready to derail off the Hot Tamale Train.

Ted July 9, 2014 at 11:22 am

It is the best show on TV during the summer.
I am glued to the set when this show is on.

Jill July 4, 2014 at 9:31 pm

They should just let it die. Seriously. This show has gotten worse every year. The ratings are lower every episode. Plus, it has gotten trashy. Every season is even more trashy than the last. Let it die. Let it die. Before it just becomes a complete joke. Right now, it is a joke. They keep it one more year it will be a complete joke.

Not TV Fan June 26, 2014 at 1:28 am

This is the only TV show I watch – it is fantastic.

ellen mallette June 5, 2014 at 4:22 pm

The station should keep “So You Think You Can Dance”. This is a terrific show.
The Station should not cancel this show. It is inspiring for people who want to learn the many varieties of dances. also to win
The ratings are a bunch of Hooey.

Rose June 1, 2014 at 7:38 am

I guess T doesn’t know how to dance and is just jealous of all this untapped talent. Yes, in the beginning they weed out those that most certainly cannot dance but once the talent is chosen it’s a great show.

T June 5, 2014 at 4:30 pm

To Rose, being able to dance or not has nothing to do about how stupid and worthless the program really is. There is nothing worth while about watching fools make bigger fools of themselves on national TV. no wonder idiotic programing is preferred over better programing. Too many idiots like junk like SYTYCD. BTW nothing great about it.

Anonymous June 27, 2014 at 10:17 am

Have you ever even watched a full season, the dancers who are on the show actually find work, and are not making fools of themselves or at least trying to. Unlike Americas got talent or american idol, where we hear sub-par singers with a guitar, who maybe make a one hit single ar we never hear about ever again

nemo f July 21, 2014 at 3:11 am

They find work as backup dancers for off off off off off Broadway productions that no one has ever heard of or cared aboiut

T May 31, 2014 at 11:45 am

Cancel this idiotic garbage and all related to it!