Sons of Anarchy: FX Announces Seventh (Final) Season, Touts Season Six Finale Ratings

Sons of Anarchy season sevenLast night brought big ratings for FX and the sixth season finale of Sons of Anarchy. With 5.2 million total viewers and 3.5 million viewers in the 18-49 demographic, it was the second-highest rated episode in the show’s history as well as the best-rated season finale.

As part of the FX press release, the cable channel announced that season seven will premiere sometime next fall. While it’s been presumed that there would be a seventh season, I believe this is the first official announcement.

They also referred to season six as the “penultimate 6th season,” an official indication that season seven will be the end of the show.

While Sons of Anarchy is ending next year, there have been some rumblings that creater Kurt Sutter is developing a prequel series that would take place in the 1960s.

What do you think? Are you a fan of Sons of Anarchy? Do you think season seven should be the end? Would you be interested in a prequel?

Russell July 27, 2014 at 9:20 pm

This should not be the final season. I have my own agenda on this topic. Since my wife and I have 3 children and youth sports 3 to 5 nights a week, we watch SOA when the kids are asleep and it is finally quiet in the house. So how about 2 to 3 more seasons….

Bear July 26, 2014 at 9:04 pm

I believe in quitting when you are on top. But, SOA has not peaked yet!!

adam kudla July 18, 2014 at 7:40 am

I started off liking this show, but i soon realized how slow paced it was. I was expecting shootouts every 10 minutes, instead i have to listen to gemma or tara whine about some bullshit. These last couple seasons sucked ass. Btw i cant stand jax, hes a pussy, and opie should be in his position. Instead opie is dead…

Darla Harvey July 17, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Sutter you would be a fucking idiot to end SOA.Why do you want to end such an awesome show? Please change your mind an keep it going for a bit longer..We all love SOA here in Pittsburgh Pa.

Sam July 16, 2014 at 7:59 pm

This series should be cancelled, it’s about time!!

maria hennessy July 15, 2014 at 6:49 pm

please please don’t cancel this show its the only one I really like, you can make a prequel as well, My whole family would miss it, its so well written with great story lines, just look at last season it was fantastic I had to rewind, Jessica just lost it, OMG, please don’t make the same mistakes as HBO did with the Sapranos. BIG FAN !

Laurie July 8, 2014 at 5:40 pm

This is one of the best shows on t.v. Kurt Sutter is such a genius and I’m sure that his writers can certainly come up with more fantastic story lines to keep the show as interesting as it is and keep it on the air. Can’t wait for the new season to start.

big drew July 8, 2014 at 4:16 pm

I think it will end at the right time but it will be hard to watch it go as far as the prequel show I’ve been wanting that since season 1 I think Starting in Vietnam and follow all the original 9 would be an awesome thing to watch

Skeet July 6, 2014 at 5:49 am

This def should not be the last season!!! I think season 8 should be a flashback of how the MC started!!!

Kdavidson July 1, 2014 at 8:51 pm

I am not a big fan of buying box collections after seeing them on T.V. This is the first and only box collection I have bought brand new, I am hooked on the show. Now I feel it was a waste because you now cancelling the show. Please keep it going!

Linda Hayes July 2, 2014 at 12:53 am

To KDavidson I would not lament at having bought the DVD`s…For one the writer Kurt Sutter stated from the beginning there would only be seven seasons. Down the line you will have a collection of classic television….As time passes you will watch again and be surprised at how much you forget over time….

Cindy June 27, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Please don’t end this show. It can and should on!!

Cindy June 27, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Please don’t entire this show it can and should go a long way ;))

Robert June 18, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Sons Of Anarchy should not come to an end!

kevin springer June 17, 2014 at 7:52 pm

hard to believe it’s come this far.i don’t watch to many shows like the son’s;but after watching the very first episode,I WAS HOOKED!love to see it continue well into the future and beyond.

Sherry June 17, 2014 at 11:34 am

Bring it on. We love it. Always make sure we have eaten baths are through and every thing in its place so we could watch and not be interupted