Sons of Anarchy: FX Announces Seventh (Final) Season, Touts Season Six Finale Ratings

Sons of Anarchy season sevenLast night brought big ratings for FX and the sixth season finale of Sons of Anarchy. With 5.2 million total viewers and 3.5 million viewers in the 18-49 demographic, it was the second-highest rated episode in the show’s history as well as the best-rated season finale.

As part of the FX press release, the cable channel announced that season seven will premiere sometime next fall. While it’s been presumed that there would be a seventh season, I believe this is the first official announcement.

They also referred to season six as the “penultimate 6th season,” an official indication that season seven will be the end of the show.

While Sons of Anarchy is ending next year, there have been some rumblings that creater Kurt Sutter is developing a prequel series that would take place in the 1960s.

What do you think? Are you a fan of Sons of Anarchy? Do you think season seven should be the end? Would you be interested in a prequel?

BAZ August 28, 2014 at 7:13 am

I have only just turned up to this party having just blasted my way through the first 4 seasons in the last 3 weeks with the 5th season already loading up….this show has taken over my life this show CAN’T end if shows lik Supernatural can hit the 10 seaon marker then this one can too.
true there is lots of good telly at the moment but there is Nothing of this calibre pure grittiness and real humour such a fantastic cast and to be really honest i’ve always had a thing for Katey Sagal.

Shannon August 26, 2014 at 11:20 pm

Love the show. Will be sad it go.
A prequel would be wonderful.

Cowboy August 26, 2014 at 2:04 am

Why would you stop a great thing? Sons have A LOT of loyal, hard core fans!

kim August 23, 2014 at 12:18 pm

I just started watching this past week and I’m starting from season 1 and I’m already half way through season 3… I’ve laughed.. I’ve cried.. I’ve already come to love these characters and dont want it to end!!! Please please keep it going!!

jean August 19, 2014 at 2:13 am

No way. You get soooooo involved in the peoples life and then its like they all drop dead

Teresa August 6, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Are they crazy??? I love this show. Everyone I know watches it. Please don’t cancel!!!!!

Angela July 30, 2014 at 8:24 pm

I absolutely love this show it was my time, im a mother of 2 adhd kids and a 3 yr old im a stay at home single mom. At t end of t night and get them all in bed turn t lightsm out. Stretch out on t couch with some popcorn and watch soa. Marked in my book t best show ever. Always had me eager to see what happened next my mom loves t show and my brother, its something that we all connected with. Wed call eachother and talk abt t show. Keep it going please my family looking forward and omg jax is so hot