Southland: Cancelled by TNT, No Season Six

southland canceled, no season sixThe sun has set on Southland on TNT. The cable channel has decided to end the show after five seasons.

The ratings took a serious hit in season five, dropping to 1.44 million viewers and a 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic. Some of the cast booked pilots just in case but pledged to return if Southland ended up getting a sixth year.

Here’s a statement from TNT:

TNT has made the difficult decision not to renew Southland for another season. We are enormously proud of Southland, which stands as one of the best police dramas ever made.

Executive producers John Wells, Chris Chulack and Jonathan Lisco, along with creator Ann Biderman and our partners at Warner Bros. Television, have given us five seasons of powerful, unforgettable storytelling, for which we are deeply grateful.

We also want to thank the amazing cast for their impassioned, no-holds-barred performances, and the production team for their tenacity shooting on the streets of real-world Los Angeles. We wish everyone associated with Southland the very best.

What do you think? Are you sorry that the show has been cancelled?

Jake October 21, 2013 at 11:03 pm

Wtf this was the best cop show ever. How can u pull the plug.

David October 7, 2013 at 1:32 pm

only the good die young! great show much like third watch, but better

Mark October 2, 2013 at 4:11 am

I can’t believe this show is cancelled! There is no other show that tells the truth of what is really going on in a police officer head. This show was really making me feel that real people took the time to actually observe real police officers and see that they are not assholes and have inner struggles with protected the peace! This just sucks! I was really looking forward to this season. I guess I’ll have to watch all those fake shows like Hawaii 50. This is bullshit! Coming from a peace officer!

Jose September 24, 2013 at 11:57 pm

How can a show as fake as Bones be so popular and last so long and a show as good as Southland get cancelled so quickly, This blows!!!!

Lulu September 10, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Really looked forward to this show – one of the best – great cast and great story lines….

maurice August 13, 2013 at 11:43 am

I agree with every post on how GREAT this show was!!! I don’t understand how TNT could cancel such a great show. SMDH. :(

R August 8, 2013 at 2:21 pm

So Wrong!!! You really can’t leave it hanging like that…..I have been a fan of this show since the NBC boneheads canceled it. Now you do? Here’s some irony, Southland is better at depicting reality than reality shows…….which is now what I am left with….Thanks for nothing…..Please somebody, pick this show up!!!! I am sorry about the ratings, there are too many people out there with remotes that are clueless about great tv….. don’t let them spoil this for the rest of us……Really, now I have to watch Stars diving?????? Really??????

nick hansen July 20, 2013 at 11:36 pm

hopefully net flix will pick it up

Karen A Cann July 10, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Ijust feel that SouthLand got a raw deal by you canceling it .I really looked forward to Tuesday Nights ,It really was an awsome show ,and what about the Cliff hanger with John Cooper getting shot .No noe will know what really happend to him .So please bring it back ,Thanks Karen A Cann,

Anonymous June 19, 2013 at 9:49 pm

best cop show ever!!!!!!!!!!

Jimonthebeach June 15, 2013 at 9:18 pm

As a former southern California police officer, I related to Southland’s realistic portrayal of police officers and the challenges, on and off the job, that they face every day. The story lines and acting was superb. I am truly sorry and disappointed that TNT has chosen to cancel one of the best dramas on TV ever. So what now TNT? Another cheap reality shows. How about the Real Housewives of Sacramento?

Debby June 14, 2013 at 1:49 pm

I am so sorry to see Southland go. It was one of my favorite shows to watch. I LOVE Southland! The actors were great the storylines were great, it was just a great show. I wish some of these reality shows were canceled instead of a great show like this!

Randi June 13, 2013 at 10:09 pm

I,m very upset Southland is cancelled. Very good show. There are so many crummy shows on, But they take the good ones off. Makes no sense. I couldn,t wait for Wednesday nights to watch the show. Will pray some other network will pick it up. Shame on you TNT

Barbara June 2, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Well anotheat series gone. .lwas terrific kind of like nypdblue. acting was gret

Jean May 29, 2013 at 9:51 pm

I LOVE this show! The acting is superb. You actually feel for them because of what their character is going through. They portray their characters realistically and with dignity. I also must say that you laugh your butt off as well. Wednesday was the best day of the week because I knew Southland was going to be on. If TNT did cancel the show, I hope another network picks the show up.