Spartacus: Starz Renews Series for Season Two (Already!)

SpartacusStarz certainly has a lot of faith in their new Spartacus series. They’ve ordered a second season before a single episode has even aired.

The first season of the series, titled Spartacus: Blood and Sand, is set to kick off on January 22nd on the pay-for-view channel. The show revolves around the classic gladiator and stars newcomer Andy Whitfield as the title character. The show also stars Antonio Te Maioha, Craig Parker, Erin Cummings, Lucy Lawless, Manu Bennett, Nick E. Tarabay, and Peter Mensah.

“We couldn’t be happier with the first season. Spartacus delivers on all levels — action, characters, intrigue, romance and excitement,” said Starz Entertainment EVP, Programming, Stephan Shelanski. “Spartacus is the most ambitious original project we’ve ever undertaken, and speaks to the commitment to our subscribers to provide truly original programming along with our unmatched lineup of theatrical features.”

Season two of Spartacus will likely be titled Spartacus: Vengeance but all of the story details are being kept under wraps so as not to spoil season one. The second season will be comprised of 13 installments and shooting is scheduled to begin in the next few months in New Zealand.

What do you think? Are you looking forward to the Spartacus series?

anne June 9, 2010 at 4:22 am

I love spartacus soo much…but I still hope and pray for the recover of Andy hope to feel him better.

Bryan June 6, 2010 at 8:30 pm

i think the next season will be good but i stil want to see what happens next from the first season.

M. Mutalemwa June 4, 2010 at 5:33 am

S2….. am waiting for it… coz the first season rocked… well so am really looking forward for the second but i hope it keeps up with the effects … peace

leo santiago May 27, 2010 at 5:38 pm

season 2 please…….

MYRA May 23, 2010 at 7:42 pm

PLEASE HURRY ! SPARTACUS is by far the best show on Starz in a long time ! I hope that a Spartacus season 2 ,comes out soon! and the casting was just great …..

Barry Davis May 23, 2010 at 12:11 am

Truly I thought the show was over hyped during the first few episodes…. it was the fifth episode that pulled me in … hook, line, and sinker! Remarkable casting. Great writing. Bloody well done! Good luck Andy, may you get well soon.

ken May 22, 2010 at 8:55 pm

get well soon andy.can’t wait for you to kill them all.

ken May 22, 2010 at 8:49 pm

get well soon andy.can’wait for you to kill them all.

kadie cochrane May 22, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I love Spartacus , can’t wait for season 2. Bring it on!

Joanna May 21, 2010 at 11:13 pm

AHH!! I soo pray to God that he gets to feeling better! I LOVE HIM! I can’t wait til season 2 comes out! Great show and great story! It keeps one on their toes! He is a man that can make a woman daydream like a teenage girl! Wonderful actor as well as being YUMMY to look at! Get well soon Andy and may God be there with you and your family in your time of need and answer all your prayers and heal you as well! You have a VERY promising future here and good luck in all you do!

dee May 21, 2010 at 2:34 pm

I can not wait. I so loved season 1 and I am looking forward to the next story of their lives.

Mario May 19, 2010 at 11:55 am

I hope that Andy’s health restores and I am completely in love with the show! Parish the thought, but if Andy is unable to continue and his character is replaced, I may have a difficult time watching.

Quita May 18, 2010 at 8:01 am

I am in the edge of my seat waiting for season two, some things are more important, with that being said, i pray for great health for Andy Whitfield.

liz May 17, 2010 at 10:58 pm

I hope they do bring out the second season…and i wish andy whitfield the very best of luck and hopefully he gets better. Spatacus Blood and Sand was the best. I cant wait for the second season its going to be AWSOME!!!!.

tray May 13, 2010 at 10:57 pm

I pray for andy whitfield and his health. The selfish side of me is in need for a season 2. I hope that you continue on with this series but, above all, I hope that Andy is healthy and happy.