Spartacus: Starz Renews Series for Season Two (Already!)

SpartacusStarz certainly has a lot of faith in their new Spartacus series. They’ve ordered a second season before a single episode has even aired.

The first season of the series, titled Spartacus: Blood and Sand, is set to kick off on January 22nd on the pay-for-view channel. The show revolves around the classic gladiator and stars newcomer Andy Whitfield as the title character. The show also stars Antonio Te Maioha, Craig Parker, Erin Cummings, Lucy Lawless, Manu Bennett, Nick E. Tarabay, and Peter Mensah.

“We couldn’t be happier with the first season. Spartacus delivers on all levels — action, characters, intrigue, romance and excitement,” said Starz Entertainment EVP, Programming, Stephan Shelanski. “Spartacus is the most ambitious original project we’ve ever undertaken, and speaks to the commitment to our subscribers to provide truly original programming along with our unmatched lineup of theatrical features.”

Season two of Spartacus will likely be titled Spartacus: Vengeance but all of the story details are being kept under wraps so as not to spoil season one. The second season will be comprised of 13 installments and shooting is scheduled to begin in the next few months in New Zealand.

What do you think? Are you looking forward to the Spartacus series?

Anonymous October 30, 2010 at 7:38 am

love it!

Anonymous October 5, 2010 at 9:01 pm

the best series ever, keep it up, and i mean that evey way , ha ha

Valerie Dawson September 22, 2010 at 5:23 pm

i have to tell the producers of SPARTACUS that i so very much loved the show. I was so dissappointed when the season was finished, i really had no interest in tv. The graphics alone is enough to make you feel as if you were in the show yourself. You guys really out did yourselves with this one. And now i’m estatic with joy to know there will be another season, thank you. This is better than daytime soap opera’s. Maybe this could be an on going show as well. Don’t stop at two season’s. PLEASE

debbie mccains September 10, 2010 at 7:43 pm

we all love it can’t wait 4 the new season

linda September 9, 2010 at 1:19 pm

I enjoyed this show so much. I was truly excited to find out they were going to have a season two. I can’t wait….patiently anticipating season two. There was drama, action, betrayal, love, lust and guts. What more can you ask for in one show.

TONY September 8, 2010 at 5:47 am

LOVE IT !!! GREAT !!! WONDERFUL … CANT WAIT FOR SEASON TWO !

Jill September 1, 2010 at 3:16 pm

It is a wonderful show ! Something both my husband and I can both enjoy. Can wait for the next one……love it

Eddie July 25, 2010 at 5:59 pm

The coolest show ever cant wait for season 2 and hope to be alot more if possible great storyline and the acter are doing great love them all…

SherryC July 24, 2010 at 7:09 am

OOH YES!!!….I love it!!…All the Actors are great!!….Crixis…Was there ever SUCH a MAN!..LOL

Better than ROME which I have the FULL DVD set~!

Yippeee!!!!!!

linda July 22, 2010 at 1:45 pm

I am anxiously waiting with anticipation for the second season of spartacus. I updated version is so intense. It has it all. I could not stop watching the episodes. I was so engrossed in watching, I was late for work the next morning.

Shari July 20, 2010 at 5:57 pm

ilove the hell out of this show I can’t wait for the second season.

Debbie July 18, 2010 at 10:14 pm

What an awesome show. I watch reruns all the time. In fact, after I watched an episode, I would wait an additional hour to watch it again, and then on demand. I re-watched season 1 on demand after the season had ended from episode one, to the final episode. Never tiring. Great show, great characters, love the writing and the acting is fantastic!! I hope this series will be around for quite a while!

fabiola July 18, 2010 at 6:31 pm