Star-Crossed: Cancelled by The CW, No Season Two

Star-Crossed TV show on CWThe story of the young “star-crossed” lovers is coming to a close. The CW has cancelled Star-Crossed after one season of 13 episodes.

Star-Crossed revolves around a pair of teens — one human (Aimee Teegarden) and one alien (Matt Lanter) — who fall in love and struggle to overcome the discrimination and distrust around them. The rest of the cast includes Grey Damon, Natalie Hall, Malese Jow, Titus Makin Jr., Chelsea Gilligan, Brina Palencia, and Greg Finley.

The series debuted as a mid-season replacement and never took hold in the ratings. The premiere drew a lackluster 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demo with 1.28 million viewers. Subsequent episodes performed even worse, making Star-Crossed one of the network’s lowest-rated shows.

There are just 13 episodes in the season and the finale, titled “Passion Lends Them Power,” will air next Monday night.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Star-Crossed? If you ran the network, would you have canceleld or renewed this series?

Anonymous July 17, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Ohhhh Noooo!!! star crossed is one of the most beautiful stories of all time.

its gonna be really sad if there’s no season2 :-(

Ravyn Nichole July 17, 2014 at 4:21 pm

you have got to be kidding me!!!! this show was amazing the last episode was explosive and they cancel it? They need to reconsider!

happie July 17, 2014 at 6:15 am

wat??dis was da best series ever,n was goin crazy fr it.i had ma fail ma final exams watchin it.plz don do dis t us

nashe July 17, 2014 at 2:42 am

This is a crime against humanity, why the hell would one cancel such an amazing and captivating series?

cindy July 16, 2014 at 6:36 pm

Utterly gutted that I have taken the time to get into another series that is axed!
We knew it was axed in the uk before they was half way through the series,so that properly put people off bothering getting into what was left,
In the uk we have lost teen wolf,once upon a time,and now this!
I found the series to be really interesting and very fresh and different to anything else on TV.
I really wish they would give another series ago,and feel.that they should have done a mid way break and then followed on with another 10 episodes since it was such a short series.
They need to stop bringin things out that they don’t give true commitment too.

Skylah-Liana July 18, 2014 at 4:17 am

How can CW do this! Star-Crossed is the most rare and unique show ever!!!!!! It is possible that the show didn’t get much viewers probably because they didn’t know about or like me that thought it would be like star-trek or something. If this show gets cancelled then my life is over. I love Star-Crossed better than teen wolf and i never like anything better than teen wolf. this is like my favorite show. CW will be crushing a teenage girls dreams by canceling this show!!!!!!

Susan Whitaker July 16, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Very sad news. Disappointed by the CW, again.

CW lover for life ♡ July 16, 2014 at 4:28 pm

This is an outrage!! This was one of my favorite shows next to vampire diaries and the originals..I really hope they we consider placing this back on the air

Charlotte John July 16, 2014 at 4:26 pm

This is horrible! This show was great and was just starting to get good and really draw the audience in, I can’t believe they are cancelling it and not making a second season! I know me and my friends loved it and liked it more then the other shows like the only way is Essex and Geordie shore! I was looking forward to the second season and now I’ve found it it’s not happening I’m gutted, I wanted to see what was going to happen next and I’m sure all the other viewers wanted to see aswell! I think the show would get more popular as it continues, but we won’t find that out now because of the cancelling of the show, the people in charge who made this decision are idiots and clearly don’t have good taste in shows!

Haley July 16, 2014 at 3:57 pm

I can’t believe that you would cancel this show . One season can’t show you anything , at least give it a chance ! This is the best show I have ever seen and now it’s gone . I just wish you guys would give it one more chance . For it’s fans and everyone else . At least give it one more season to redeem itself and you will be glad that you did . PLEASEEEEEEE !!!!!!!

george ng'ang'a July 16, 2014 at 1:22 pm

this series must continue

nadiaa July 16, 2014 at 5:59 am

This is really bad news! Love the serie and love Matt

Alexi July 15, 2014 at 11:47 am

Det for dårligt at de ikke laver vider på serien når man så gerne vil se slutningen af denne serien håber de får nok penge til at lave den færdig

Louisa July 14, 2014 at 7:14 pm

I think it’s the best programme ever and can’t believe you would cancel it. I recorded it as I work the night it’s on I really wanted more and dervasted that you could do that

Sendil Sam July 14, 2014 at 3:52 am

I watched all the episode …. its all interesting…. then why you cancelling this series… i am waiting for the next season 2 …. please don’t follow the same track… make a different one…

@shley July 14, 2014 at 12:06 am

Really upset it’s over I recorded it every week and went to check when it was coming back on and it’s not some people ya’ll suck