Star-Crossed: Cancelled by The CW, No Season Two

Star-Crossed TV show on CWThe story of the young “star-crossed” lovers is coming to a close. The CW has cancelled Star-Crossed after one season of 13 episodes.

Star-Crossed revolves around a pair of teens — one human (Aimee Teegarden) and one alien (Matt Lanter) — who fall in love and struggle to overcome the discrimination and distrust around them. The rest of the cast includes Grey Damon, Natalie Hall, Malese Jow, Titus Makin Jr., Chelsea Gilligan, Brina Palencia, and Greg Finley.

The series debuted as a mid-season replacement and never took hold in the ratings. The premiere drew a lackluster 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demo with 1.28 million viewers. Subsequent episodes performed even worse, making Star-Crossed one of the network’s lowest-rated shows.

There are just 13 episodes in the season and the finale, titled “Passion Lends Them Power,” will air next Monday night.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Star-Crossed? If you ran the network, would you have canceleld or renewed this series?

LisaJo July 24, 2014 at 8:19 pm

After reading what creator Meredith Averill said about how Star Crossed would have panned out I’m glad they cancelled it… I would have hated to see Emery end up with Grayson.

Johanna July 23, 2014 at 11:11 pm

I am very dissapointed to find out that star crossed is cancelled. This show was by far my favorite show. I would’ve renewed this show . Please do not cancel starcrossed. Bring it back. You guys already went up to 13 episodes and we are way too into it for the show to just stop. Now you guys upset every fan of the show. BRING BACK THE SHOW!!!!! These were also the best actors to play in starcrossed. So please reconsider and bring our show back!!

karen July 23, 2014 at 8:24 pm

I can’t believe it, Star-Crossed was the only show I really made sure I was home to watch. I love this show. Please reconsider and mae a 2nd season

Kimberly Ogle July 22, 2014 at 8:12 pm

I cannot believe this! I just looked up when it comes back on and find out its not!!! I am very upset!! Please bring it back? :'(

Esther July 22, 2014 at 5:59 pm

R u serious!! I loved that series!! Why would u end it!! I was so looking forward for the next series!! Ya’ll need to get rid of show that aren’t no good and I can name quit a bit instead of taking all the good ones out!!

Shoneen Kendrick July 21, 2014 at 9:36 pm

It was one of the best shows on the CW. This was something me & my 12 year old daughter watched together every week and now it’s gone. Way to go! Now I get to tell my excited preteen y’all have cancelled it. Thanks for thinking about the viewers that was there every week!!!

Brandon July 21, 2014 at 8:20 pm

You can’t seriously cancel the show at this point. A lot has happened in episode 13, everybody would like to see what happens next. Are emery and grayson both dead and will Taylor survive. Overall I think it’s stupid that it got cancelled.

Amy July 21, 2014 at 6:01 pm

My have just finished the season and I’m gutted there is no follow up! Enjoyed every episode – bring it back I say!

Kristin Miorkey July 21, 2014 at 7:26 am

I would definitely have renewed it!!!

Anonymous July 21, 2014 at 1:37 pm

I would renew it, the series was awesome!!! what kind of ending is it when you don’t know if “Emery” is even alive or not!

Christy July 20, 2014 at 8:20 pm

I think you need to renew it. It was a good real life show. Please bring it back .

lynne July 20, 2014 at 6:02 pm

please make another season of star crossed,ive loved watching it

Ignez July 19, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Hi, i wait for second please. We love star-crossed here in Brazil ! Please not end. CW please.

christina brown July 18, 2014 at 9:12 pm

we like star crossed why yall dont have season 2 we want it

Stargazer July 18, 2014 at 8:00 am

How can CW do this! Star-Crossed is the most rare and unique show ever!!!!!! It is possible that the show didn’t get much viewers probably because they didn’t know about or like me that thought it would be like star-trek or something. If this show gets cancelled then my life is over. I love Star-Crossed better than teen wolf and i never like anything better than teen wolf. this is like my favorite show. CW will be crushing a teenage girls dreams by canceling this show!!!!!!
#ROMERY

Stargazer July 18, 2014 at 4:19 am

Sandy Villarreal July 20, 2014 at 4:27 pm

How can they cancel star-crosses , the finale left us shocked and curious what would happen next, and then for it just to be canceled . I love this show , please make a 2nd season , us star-crossed fans are crushed