Star-Crossed: Cancelled by The CW, No Season Two

Star-Crossed TV show on CWThe story of the young “star-crossed” lovers is coming to a close. The CW has cancelled Star-Crossed after one season of 13 episodes.

Star-Crossed revolves around a pair of teens — one human (Aimee Teegarden) and one alien (Matt Lanter) — who fall in love and struggle to overcome the discrimination and distrust around them. The rest of the cast includes Grey Damon, Natalie Hall, Malese Jow, Titus Makin Jr., Chelsea Gilligan, Brina Palencia, and Greg Finley.

The series debuted as a mid-season replacement and never took hold in the ratings. The premiere drew a lackluster 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demo with 1.28 million viewers. Subsequent episodes performed even worse, making Star-Crossed one of the network’s lowest-rated shows.

There are just 13 episodes in the season and the finale, titled “Passion Lends Them Power,” will air next Monday night.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Star-Crossed? If you ran the network, would you have canceleld or renewed this series?

Canceled and renewed TV show

2,436 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Eleanor w says

I am finding it very difficult these days to find a good show that all three of my children can watch WITHOUT inappropriate content for the youngest. This show – Star-Crossed – was awesome as there was NO explicit sex scenes, no MAJOR language problems and had a GREAT story line. Now I am NOT a prude by any stretch but I have an 8, 10 and 12 yr old that I really would love to be able to sit and watch shows NOT MADE BY DISNEY!!!!! Star-crossed, Believe, Growing Up Fisher were good clean fun and ENJOYABLE too!!

I am VERY upset at this decision.
    A fan from Australia

2. Anonymous says

I’m extremely upset and disappointed in the CW staff. They should be ashamed that they cancelled an amazing show with excellent actors and directors. The CW should not be ok with the tv show, Star Crossed, ending as a cliff-hanger. Out of respect to the viewers and the people like myself who absolutely fell in love with the show, they should air at least one more season to conclude the tv show series in a way the director and the actors would want it to end. The CW cancelled an amazing show and should be ashamed!!

3. Kim says

Great show. Everytime I find something I like it gets cancelled. It seems that studios think that people want to watch shows that involve self involved ******** trying to pass off absolute bull**** as reality. Maybe that highlights the rampant stupidity that seems to run amuck in Hollywood. Guess I will have to give up on watching television as well as movies. Let me know when you grow a brain, I may tune in again.

4. Anonymous says

I am decistated!!!! It really was good!! So much passion really disappointed I wished they carried on the series.

5. Anonymous says

i cant believe it, what an amazing show and just what was needed, to watch and really invest time in the show and fall in love with it, not to even have a second season is rubbish. i hate it when this happens.

6. tess says

Why would you guys stop to air this incredible series?
    It was so cool that I watched the season at a go.I get tired with series, but this one is so different and so awesome. Please renew it ’cause I need to know what happened.
    I’M SURE EVERYONE AGREES WITH ME WHEN I SAY ” WE WANT IT RENEWED”

7. dea says

i love this show…off course is going to have bad ratings if u don’t even do any promo on it how the hell can people know about it..i watch tv every day and I’ve never seen nothing about this show..i just got lucky cuz i was searching online to see whats new and found it…i really hope ur going to make season 2….u need to hire someone smarter to call the shots on the tv shows because obviously the one that you have now is incompetent

8. C. Sanchez says

I never write much but, to find out that one of my favorite shows have been cancelled I’m very very disheartened, this make me feel better about not getting into much tv.:-(

9. Kjersti Eline says

I cant belive it, It started airing yesterday in norway and now i find out its cancelled?!?!?! i got so interrested in it so i watched the whole season in 2 days!! I was looking so forward to season 2… Im so tired of all the old tv-shows that run over and over again!

love a norwegian fan!

10. jennifer clancy says

Can’t believe this is cancelled was so looking forward to season 2! I got it all on catch up, most people did because of the time it was aired! Absolutely gutted.

11. says

Are you serious….. I have been looking forward to season 2…. That is some bs…… I need to know what happens next…. You can’t end it with a cliff hanger… All these stupid shows that stay on the air for years that should have been cancelled and you go a cancel a show that shouldn’t be cancelled…. WTF!!!! PLEASE… There’s not much that my daughter likes to do with me because she feels that she is to old to hang out with me and that was one of the only things that she liked to do with me AND THAT WAS WATCHING STAR CROSSD…. My daughter is my baby and she is 11 yrs old and she is upset the you cancelled it and wants you to bring it back too.

12. paul clevett says

why do they do it
    I am getting fed up with it watched event and that finished o a cliff hanger now this aaaaa stop showing them if they are not going to finish
    I now wait and see if there is going to be more seasons before I watch now

13. PJ says

This is unbelievable.

This is what happeneds when you let stupid people call the shots. they can the good shows, like lie to me, fringe , star-crossed. yet they keep the boring crap on air. i.e. nabours home and away, bold and the beautiful, american idol, i mean some shows get OLD. some do not, they need to bring a good scyfi back. this is what would have done it, yet no one gives them a second chance because peoples expectations to follow startrek is rediculous, star trek is great yes but this can be just as good, you waste my time, if you are going to can **** at least end the first, all i have to say is hurry up and bring it back, or hold a sign and call yourselves twits.

from PJ

ps HURRY UP AND RE-AIR IT OR DIE BY HEART ATTACK. and let people who know tv shows to tell you what to keep airing. like me for eg, i have watched 100 different tv shows and yet the **** still airs. and the good remain canned.

14. Nicolle J. says

Are you serious….. I have been looking forward to season 2…. That is some bs…… I need to know what happens next…. You can’t end it with a cliff hanger… All these stupid shows that stay on the air for years that should have been cancelled and you go a cancel a show that shouldn’t be cancelled…. WTF!!!! Bring it back PLEASE… There’s not much that my daughter likes to do with me because she feels that she is to old to hang out with me and that was one of the only things that she liked to do with me AND THAT WAS WATCHING STAR CROSSD…. My daughter is my baby and she is 11 yrs old and she is upset the you cancelled it and wants you to bring it back too.