Star-Crossed: Cancelled by The CW, No Season Two

Star-Crossed TV show on CWThe story of the young “star-crossed” lovers is coming to a close. The CW has cancelled Star-Crossed after one season of 13 episodes.

Star-Crossed revolves around a pair of teens — one human (Aimee Teegarden) and one alien (Matt Lanter) — who fall in love and struggle to overcome the discrimination and distrust around them. The rest of the cast includes Grey Damon, Natalie Hall, Malese Jow, Titus Makin Jr., Chelsea Gilligan, Brina Palencia, and Greg Finley.

The series debuted as a mid-season replacement and never took hold in the ratings. The premiere drew a lackluster 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demo with 1.28 million viewers. Subsequent episodes performed even worse, making Star-Crossed one of the network’s lowest-rated shows.

There are just 13 episodes in the season and the finale, titled “Passion Lends Them Power,” will air next Monday night.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Star-Crossed? If you ran the network, would you have canceleld or renewed this series?

Leni May 9, 2014 at 4:17 pm

I AM VERT PISSED, I THINK CW IS MAKING A HUGE MISTAKE.

Anon May 9, 2014 at 4:16 pm

THANK GOD. The show sucked. I was so excited about it at first, but couldn’t watch more than the first two episodes. Good call, CW.

CAROLINE May 9, 2014 at 4:07 pm

I THINK IT IS STUPIED IT IS A REALLY GOOS SHOW AND IM SICK OF THEM DOING THIS JUST COS LOW RATINGS HOW CAN YOU GIVE A SHOW A CHANCE WITH ONLY 13 EPS SO BLOODY LAME

alexis May 9, 2014 at 4:06 pm

I think the cw is making a BIG mistake star crossed defiantly needs a season two i love this show and has so much potential in becoming an even better show i jus think that if they changed the day it came on like tuesday after originals or osomething like that it would do better with rating i think i speak for all people when i say that star crossed is truely an amazing show!!!!!

Judy torres May 9, 2014 at 4:27 pm

I love the show I’m a grandmother.My granddaughter,who is fourteen.We both love to watch Star-Crossed. Where did they get the % ratings ? They didn’t get our 2 cents worth on why they should renew.

0.3925493730658103 May 9, 2014 at 4:04 pm

I think u should keep star crossed it is the best

Anonymous May 9, 2014 at 4:03 pm

I think u making a big mistake

Natasha May 9, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Big Mistake I still can’t believe you cancel Star-Cross I lI’ve this show I am so sad

Steph May 9, 2014 at 3:29 pm

HUGGGEEEE MISTAKE! I hate the CW network now.

anoeschka May 9, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Renew it !!! To bad the canceled it i love this show

Emma May 9, 2014 at 3:09 pm

2 words …. not happy

Casstlyn May 9, 2014 at 2:29 pm

BIG mistake !!! I can’t belive this :'(

catie May 9, 2014 at 2:19 pm

I think everyone should sign the petition!!! It’s such a good show and has so much potential in being great. It always keeps me on my toes!! Don’t cancel!!!

Maya May 9, 2014 at 2:08 pm

I think CW have made a HUGE mistake cancelling the series.I am extremely disappointed. It is actually one of my favorite shows on TV. BIG MISTAKE!!!! This is one of those shows that deserves a stay of exclusion.

Lashaundra May 9, 2014 at 2:07 pm

I think the CW made a gigantic mistake canceling Star Crossed and Tomorrow People. I never missed an episode and why cancel something that you haven’t really given a chance. Star Crossed and Tomorrow People are ah-amazing shows and have tons of fans . I love these shows don’t cancel it you should cancel something that’s been on like forever for example Super Natural that show has been on to long.If you leave Star Crossed and Tomorrow People on for another season watch the ratings grow. If you cancel these I will start a petition and send it to the CW abd then you will see how many fans these shows have.

Crystal May 9, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Wow. That’s insane. Have you actually even seen Super Natural? Star Crossed doesnt even fall in the same league. Or in the hundred leagues behind it. NO comparison.

Neil bissett May 9, 2014 at 1:51 pm

As most of people have said I am very dissapointed that starcrossed has been cancelled it had the makings of being a good show so thanks cw yet again you let us down :-((