Star-Crossed: Cancelled by The CW, No Season Two

Star-Crossed TV show on CWThe story of the young “star-crossed” lovers is coming to a close. The CW has cancelled Star-Crossed after one season of 13 episodes.

Star-Crossed revolves around a pair of teens — one human (Aimee Teegarden) and one alien (Matt Lanter) — who fall in love and struggle to overcome the discrimination and distrust around them. The rest of the cast includes Grey Damon, Natalie Hall, Malese Jow, Titus Makin Jr., Chelsea Gilligan, Brina Palencia, and Greg Finley.

The series debuted as a mid-season replacement and never took hold in the ratings. The premiere drew a lackluster 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demo with 1.28 million viewers. Subsequent episodes performed even worse, making Star-Crossed one of the network’s lowest-rated shows.

There are just 13 episodes in the season and the finale, titled “Passion Lends Them Power,” will air next Monday night.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Star-Crossed? If you ran the network, would you have canceleld or renewed this series?

yovonne May 10, 2014 at 6:59 pm

So Aimee gets killed in finale.That sucks for an end.I may never watch cw again.

Kat May 10, 2014 at 6:38 pm

Such a huge mistake
I say we riot the cw studios

Rica V May 10, 2014 at 6:37 pm

I can’t believe CW cancelled Star Cross. They should have give it another chance and change its showing to another day to get better ratings; not renewing is a big mistake. I am so disappoint with CW.

Steven May 10, 2014 at 4:51 pm

I am outraged that this show is being cancelled. The acting and consistency in each episode is outstanding. I will never support nor watch another TV show by this network, unless they renew Star Crossed for season 2.

Emma May 10, 2014 at 3:33 pm

I have been watching this show in the UK and people are totally right it has not been promoted enough! It is so different to other programs that are on the TV at the moment and I can’t believe it is ending with so much unexplained and left hanging. It is so annoying when channels just think of their ratings not being enough and don’t give two hoots about all the people that are watching it! Grrrrrrrrrrr so frustrating want to cry with annoyance I hate an unfinished story!!!

Jackie May 10, 2014 at 3:09 pm

This was an amazing show and it’s a big mistake to cancel it. Very upset.

Tania May 10, 2014 at 12:33 pm

THIS IS NOT FAIR! I swear I could write a full essay on how they shouldn’t cancel star crossed and how annoyed all we star crossed fans are… at least give another season so we can build the story on it -.- like what even star cross is amazing and I will surely miss it so much ! </3

reeny ree May 10, 2014 at 12:31 pm

This is a great show, with a great storyline and cast. This show needs to be promoted better. I found it by accident. Any sci fi convention in the future would be great to get more viewers. I have not seen any of the cast out on talk shows promoting the show. I hate to see it end along with the other shows not being renewed for another season. Very disapointed with CW decision to cancel this show.

Annie byrne May 10, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Im sorry its cancelled as i loved the show and the characters. It should have been given a 2nd series to develop the story

Mim May 10, 2014 at 11:24 am

I can’t believe they are cancelling Star Crossed. Lots is yet to happen and the network didn’t even give it a fighting chance. Very disapointed.

Kristinoula May 10, 2014 at 10:17 am

Really? How do the #cw expect to have viewers with only airing 13 eposodes!!

This show was and Is the best show we have had in years. Is the #cw nuts? Leaving draylor pregnant and then ending on a cliffhanger!! Who the h*** tv net work would do that!

#starcrossed needs to continue on starting with a season 2 and so on.
I have never been so mad and upset in my life.

Anonymous May 10, 2014 at 9:24 am

They should NOT cancel this show! Its so great… if they keep it on they will most likely get more viewers.
MAKE A 2nd SEASON!!!

Paige May 10, 2014 at 7:22 am

This is bull crap i watch this all the time and i hate that they are cancelling! i am 15 and i love it.

Tamta May 10, 2014 at 5:16 am

no no no it is the biggest mistake cancelled star-crossed

Lilly May 10, 2014 at 3:21 am

Noooo!! You need to keep playing it, star-crossed is amazing and I watch it all the time, you can’t just cancel it cause you’ve got bored of it! CW you wouldn’t even know a good show off it hit you in the face! Arghh RAGEE! I’m never watching cw again!