Star-Crossed: Season One Ratings

Star-Crossed ratings: cancel or keep?The CW has been having some ratings success this season but Monday nights continue to be a struggle with underperforming shows like Beauty and the Beast and Hart of Dixie. Will Star-Crossed change that? Will it be renewed for a second season or, will it be cancelled instead? Stay tuned to find out!

Star-Crossed revolves around a pair of teens — one human (Aimee Teegarden) and one alien (Matt Lanter) — who fall in love and struggle to overcome the discrimination and distrust around them. The rest of the cast includes Grey Damon, Natalie Hall, Malese Jow, Titus Makin Jr., Chelsea Gilligan, Brina Palencia, and Greg Finley.

5/8 update: This show has been cancelled after one season.

Final season averages: 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 960,000 total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Star-Crossed TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

heather April 26, 2014 at 6:11 pm

I love star-crossed! Don’t cancel it!! One of my favsss

amy April 25, 2014 at 2:24 am

it would suck if they cancel this show im a big fan of the show, a show that just started should be automatically renewed do to the fact that they need to see the potential it has and there are so many story branchs that they can use to give it that potential :) this show is one of the best shows ive seen in a while and to not give it a proper shot like 2 season trail thing is unfair… a show shouldnt be penialized for being on a dead night face it monday is a horrible night to even put the best rating shows on because most people head to bed after a long hard day at work because they are still in lounge mode from the weekend.. plus some people work nights and record or watch the show online … it will be the biggest mistake ever for the cw to cancel this show i was mad the day i found out the secret circle was canceled cause they never gave that show a chance to shine either…

Ray April 25, 2014 at 1:29 am

I look forward to watching this show every Monday night. It would drive me nuts if I didn’t have Star Crossed to unwind with. It distracts me from my upcoming hectic week lol I’ve never been so transfixed on the screen, and I really hope it gets renewed. Here’s to hoping!

Kearston April 24, 2014 at 10:08 pm

I love Star-Crossed!! I literally don’t make plans on Monday nights so I can watch. I also tried watching The 100 but could not get into it. I wasn’t a big fan of the actors and felt like there was no chemistry or easiness between them. I will be so disappointed if they cancel this show….*fingers crossed* they won’t!

Caroline Nier April 24, 2014 at 5:17 pm

This show can’t be canceled! Roman and Emery are so adorable together! I’ve never liked sci-fi shows but this is so great. I really love this serial!!

Vanessa April 24, 2014 at 7:55 am

I love starcrossed !!! Are you crazy ? Fuck CW ! I’m only watching starcrossed everyday. On the internet, on TV ! Don’t cancel the show. You can cancel other shows
I love starcrossed❤❤❤❤

Annie April 24, 2014 at 2:19 am

This show is just getting started. Don’t cancel it, it makes my week.

Breaona Atkinson April 23, 2014 at 10:30 pm

I agree with Tammy they also got to think some people work nights so they have to watch the show on the app they can’t possibly even think about canceling the show without trying everything they can to help out the show because I am not speaking for myself when I say this I will be very disappointed if they didn’t try there best to save the show

Andrea Brito April 23, 2014 at 7:28 pm

How it could be cancelled!!!!! Roman and Drake are soooo fucking amazing I love this show because is like perfect i don’t know Just love it
I’m not an english speaker so sorry If any of this doesn’t make any sense :(

Stephanie Beers April 23, 2014 at 5:32 pm

This is my favorite show! I have bought the season on itunes and I have never loved a show enough to buy it before! I can’t wait for each new episode and was hooked on the 1st one. I watch videos that are posted on youtube and check out the facebook pages and there is a big following for this show and it’s fan base is growing. It really irritates me that they could think about cancelling it after such a short time. I am really trying everything I can to save it. It really isn’t fair to the actors, and the fans to cancel with only 13 episodes. I think I will cry if they do!

Julia April 23, 2014 at 4:36 pm

I love this show! I never watch science fiction series, but since the pilot episode, i’ve been eager for the next episode to air. It has such a good story plot line, it’d be a shame if the series was cancelled, it demonstrates how even now we still have those conflicts with racism and cultural differences, but star-crossed gives a different version that makes it interesting, adventurous and romantic. I really enjoy this show :)

Vi April 23, 2014 at 2:30 pm

I love this show. Please don’t cancel

Tammy Davis April 23, 2014 at 12:12 pm

I honestly cannot fathom how the CW can even consider cancelling this fantastic new sci-fi show despite the fact that it has such a large fan base even with the extremely low promotional advertising that the CW has given this show as compared to “The 100″ or other shows. I fall within the 18-49 year old demographic that is always mentioned in the ratings scale and have to say it is the most interesting show on CW right now with great potential for expanding the story lines into additional seasons. If they are concerned about the bottom dollar, then do the show and the cast the honor of moving it to another night to give it a chance before simply cancelling it. They have done this for other television series in the past and it has worked. I think the cast and the CW fans deserve the respect of simply telling us now whether or not CW is renewing the show rather than waiting for the “Epic Finale” that I am sure will include a “Cliffhanger” and leaving everyone wishing they could see the story to its conclusion in additional seasons.

Mark Jeffrey Miller April 23, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Well said Tammy. Well said.

Yanna April 24, 2014 at 3:45 am

I agree. This show is great and has an amazing plot. It gets better every week.

Kaylee April 24, 2014 at 4:32 pm

I agree 100%!

Gypsy Jami April 23, 2014 at 10:42 am

I really like this show and look forward to Monday nights, I really hope that it gets renewed!!!!!!

Connie. Chambers April 23, 2014 at 7:04 am

I for sure think it should be renewed it is a awsome show enjoy watching so much!!!!!