Star-Crossed: Season One Ratings

Star-Crossed ratings: cancel or keep?The CW has been having some ratings success this season but Monday nights continue to be a struggle with underperforming shows like Beauty and the Beast and Hart of Dixie. Will Star-Crossed change that? Will it be renewed for a second season or, will it be cancelled instead? Stay tuned to find out!

Star-Crossed revolves around a pair of teens — one human (Aimee Teegarden) and one alien (Matt Lanter) — who fall in love and struggle to overcome the discrimination and distrust around them. The rest of the cast includes Grey Damon, Natalie Hall, Malese Jow, Titus Makin Jr., Chelsea Gilligan, Brina Palencia, and Greg Finley.

5/8 update: This show has been cancelled after one season.

Final season averages: 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 960,000 total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Star-Crossed TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

Cara black June 30, 2014 at 6:21 pm

How dare they cancel star crossed!?!?!?!,!,!,!,!,!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! They end it with so many cliffhangers and we don’t get the know the answers! I’m outraged they leave us on the brink of main character deaths ( or maybe they arn’t dead. How will we know?!?) Taylor seconds away from burning ( why isn’t she dead/passed out?? Is it to do with the baby?? How will the baby grow up? Will she even keep the baby?) finding out Terry’s dad is actually alive ( or what ever ) and on the edge of war! How can they end a series like that FULL STOP! Little own when we will never find the answers to what happens next. Outraged totally outraged.

Sexxy Smyley July 1, 2014 at 9:53 am

I kno right how could they cancel it with a cliffhanger lik that I think it sucks and then put in tis place three shows that don’t even I think deserve a spot…..SO PLEASE DON’T CANCEL STAR CROSSED THERE ARE MORE VIEWERS THAN U THINK SEE…….

Cara black July 6, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Every one is saying about it being on a Monday night so I assume that’s America. In the uk it was on a Friday then was moved to Saturday. If the wanted viewers in the uk don’t flaming well pick the 2 nights most used for popular shows and specials. I always had to record it because it was on during a good movie or other series’s or a special episode!

Lauren June 30, 2014 at 5:43 pm

Please keep star crossed on t.v as it is the best program ever I love it so much !!!

Charlie June 29, 2014 at 6:26 pm

I think it is a massive shame that there will not be another series because it was so good and I think that the second series would be just as good and I am sorry but you always cancel the good shows and not the crap ones, I feel like if you were to pay attention about how much we are fighting for this that you would see it will be worth it, I’m sure that you can do it come on it WILL be AMAZING!!!!

Katie M June 29, 2014 at 3:00 pm

I think star crossed shouldn’t be cancelled because 1) I just love the way they make it a sci fi Romeo and Juliet and 2) it’s left with a cliffhanger also I’m mad that emery died

Katie June 29, 2014 at 9:15 am

I think that they shouldn’t cancel star crossed as one they left it on a cliff hanger and two they will never know it might pick up in season 2. They should take the chance on season 2 for the viewers that watch the first season and to make new viewer. Let star crossed come back

Jess June 28, 2014 at 3:29 pm

It’s a shame there’s not a season two loved star-crossed They sholdnt leave it were they have left it

omid June 27, 2014 at 10:48 am

it was wonderful. it is the best film.
i hope i watch its second season..

susan June 27, 2014 at 1:41 am

I agree. Star crossed was an absolutely amazing show and didn’t deserve to be cancelled. I think there was so much more to the show and its a major let down that it wasn’t giving the chance. Why couldn’t it have moved to like Friday? There were shows on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday and also Thursday and if the show wasn’t getting what it deserved on Monday night then why not make it a Friday show? I am not gonna bash other shows because people like what they like but I never watched reign, the Carrie diaries or the tomorrow people but I have seen previews and just saying that Star Crossed, Beauty and the Beast, Arrow, The Vampire Diaries, The 100, And the Originals are way better shows. So far u have done good and kept all of them on but star crossed which didn’t deserve to be canceled. You guys do have great shows but sometimes u guys also make mistakes and cancel shows that should not be canceled like Hell Cats and Secret Circle. I loved them shows they were so good. I agree that we should be able to have opinions and they should be listened to because we are paying for cable and should be able to watch what we like. We don’t pay to have every good show that’s worth having cable and paying a bill every month be canceled on us. Its ridiculous. If everyone just stopped getting cable maybe what we have to say and what we want would be listened to. Boycott cable lol. That will teach them.

sharon June 26, 2014 at 8:00 pm

That is shame they cancel star cross. It was a great show I wish they would bring it back for a second season.they can not leave where they left it off. Please bring it back. Or I hope another network pick it up.

salome June 24, 2014 at 3:05 am

they mustn’t cancel it and in season 2,they can pair Teri with a human boy and lets see what her rebel mother makes of that

Shannon June 23, 2014 at 7:15 pm

I’m so sad to hear star crossed being cancelled. I loved that show! I was excited to see every new episode. It made my week. It was thrilling and exciting plus romantic. Don’t cancell it, bring it back. There are many viewers who would agree with me on this.

Melissa June 24, 2014 at 2:33 am

I agree with you Shannon !!

ayomide June 27, 2014 at 6:07 am

U ar right it totally does deserve a second season its got potential for an awesome

M June 23, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Dont quit Star-Crossed !! Keep it on , I want to watch it still , it is the best serie ever I have been watching of my list im like watching 41 series at same time but this is the best one !! Dont give up , the serie will be known !! Pls dont end it !

Terence June 22, 2014 at 4:39 pm

So have. Your final decision on the finale. it is a tradegy that Star crossed is being axed, What are you guys thinking about. it was one of the best new shows I’ve watched in ages. There’s room for another series. you l see more viewers coming to the network. I m a big fan of Greg Finley aka Drake and the lovely Taylor..what a great story line . You must carry on with this gripping storyline and see what becomes of it. This is one small step for mankind and one large step for Star crossed..Carry on and boldly go where no sci_fi show has gone before. Come on you creators scratch your heads and keep writing.

danielle June 22, 2014 at 3:57 pm

Gutted about this and cudnt agree more

Emily Barrett June 22, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Its a shame that cw gave crapy shows like heart of dixie a second chance among others but they cant give star crossed a second chance. And tobbe honest cw reps are looking at how we are fighting for starr crossed but yet they refuse to listen to us and instead keep giving other shows 2nd and 3rd chances. I no longer watch nor follow cw net work anymore. I feel like we begging a net work of people that heartless and doesnt believe in respecting our right to view, hear, and listening choices that we are paying for in our monthly tv cable provider. I pay to watch cw, therefore i would appreciate if i could watch what im paying to watch.