Star-Crossed: Season One Ratings

Star-Crossed ratings: cancel or keep?The CW has been having some ratings success this season but Monday nights continue to be a struggle with underperforming shows like Beauty and the Beast and Hart of Dixie. Will Star-Crossed change that? Will it be renewed for a second season or, will it be cancelled instead? Stay tuned to find out!

Star-Crossed revolves around a pair of teens — one human (Aimee Teegarden) and one alien (Matt Lanter) — who fall in love and struggle to overcome the discrimination and distrust around them. The rest of the cast includes Grey Damon, Natalie Hall, Malese Jow, Titus Makin Jr., Chelsea Gilligan, Brina Palencia, and Greg Finley.

5/8 update: This show has been cancelled after one season.

Final season averages: 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 960,000 total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Star-Crossed TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

alicia August 11, 2014 at 1:20 pm

I love cw shows, but it would seem everyone is right. Every time I get into a show it’s cancelled. I think the problem with your ratings is people don’t watch it on cable anymore. They just happen to come across it on ur website or hear say. Cables prices are outrageous so many are turning it off and going completely online like me. I don’t get advertisement as much as I would if I had cable. I’m not on the website everyday so I miss a lot. Once I find out about a show it’s too late it didn’t get the ratings needed. I think cw or any other network needs to figure out other ways of advertisement the. Just cable and there website in order to pull people in. My co-workers have never even heard of the cw channel for this very reason, they don’t watch cable. If cw wants more ratings for any show then find other ways to advertise it. Offer prices or something to viewers that share the most advertisement on their networking pages or something. Include the public in getting the word out. It will raise ur ratings and get more viewers for ur channel. Viewers love to be included in keeping their fav shows alive. Please keep star-crossed up. It was my end of the day treat to relax to while doing whatever it was I wanted to do. Being a girl it was my time to do my nails and I could watch it freely without fear of it showing anything awful to my son. There isn’t too many shows now a days that are clean anymore. Please keep it and take my advise, I promise u will get more ratings for this show and others as well.

Anonymous August 12, 2014 at 3:37 pm

You are so right.
Like me I live in Belgium. They don’t even have it on tv

Jaime Rivers August 11, 2014 at 7:19 am

It’s truly messed up. I been a CW fan for years and now I’m discouraged with them. I do not even want to start watching anymore shows, cause knowing my luck just when I start getting into them. They will pull the plug on another show. My daughter and myself actually bonded through this show and now that’s gone. We are both heart broken and just devastated. This is a tragedy. I’m at a loss for words. Other than my kids the only other enjoyment that makes me feel like a kid can’t wait to see what happens next is my shows. Everyone I know that watched it loves it. I’m ready to fight for Star-Crossed to have a Season 2, but I’m asking please reconsider putting the show everyone has grown to love and for your fans who have been loyal from day one of most of your shows first airing date. Don’t devastate your fans like this. It’s a mistake.
From: The Rivers Family

terry August 9, 2014 at 7:10 pm

I actually cried (dont believe it either) when i found out star crossed had been cancelled…..please please please dont cancel it, i love it, ll my friends love it, Evryone in my school loves it. And it ended sooo well leaving us al in suspense ready to kill for the next season and i’m in Kenya for crying out loud!!!

Emily August 8, 2014 at 10:09 pm

Please don’t cancel the show its the best just give it a chance

AprylRayn August 8, 2014 at 1:43 pm

if u wont do a second season just yet can u please at least run the season once more and then u will see how much this show is really loved. i bet u will have tons m0re people watch it. u also need to realize that it may not be on as many tv’s as lots of people like to hosts little parties for them and friends whenever a show they all love is on. just like they do for the bachelor. but u need to give us like a week or 2 notice with commercials advertising the show on different channels because since u canceled Star-Crossed a lot of us no longer watch your network anymore. we will start again and stay loyal IF u bring Star-Crossed back to us for good!!! as soon as people see ads for this show they will all tune in, right everyone??? to me i dont care wut night it is on as long as i can see it :) please just run the show again and give it a chance? u will see giving us season 2 will be worth it :)

Anonymous August 6, 2014 at 6:34 am

pls dont cancelled star crosssed is the best out there

ally August 1, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Plus, you released the show in January and come August 1st, you have people rating this in JULY, all it took was a little time.

ally August 1, 2014 at 5:49 pm

PLEASE DONT CANCEL, bring it back. Thus show is great. Its entertaining and keeps me on the edge of my seat at all times. I was looking forward to the second season. It would honestly be a shame. I want to know what happens to the humans and aliens.

Anonymous July 31, 2014 at 7:19 pm

please don’t cancel the show! maybe if you guys continued airing the show you might have gotten more views instead of giving up! who knows? it might have been well known after a few weeks! we need this show back pleaseeee!

Anonymous July 22, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Please dont cancel

amy July 21, 2014 at 11:23 pm

first off you cant rate a show on only 13 episodes second some tv shows need to have a second season to bring on the bigger story line. third i cant believe they chose the 100 to stay you look at that story line and look at lost story line it also the same concept boring. starscrossed need to be saved or netflix pick it up cause its a really good show and its a shame it didnt have a better chance for surviving but it didnt help that it was on gloomy mondays.

Mary Martinez July 21, 2014 at 4:26 pm

Don’t Cancel it! Its amazing! I love it please don’t cancel renew.

katelyn July 19, 2014 at 7:35 pm

if u do bring season 2 out i will post it on instagram saying u need to watch star crossed it’s the best show u will watch and to rate it so please dont end my fav tv series

katelyn July 19, 2014 at 7:29 pm

star crossed is my fav tv show i love it better than the 100 teen wolf so please don’t cancel star crossed or u will crush my heart to bits soooo pretty please bring season 2 out i will be so happy when u do and u cant leave a tv series just like that any way so come on bring on season 2:)

@Alicia July 18, 2014 at 6:45 pm

Why would you cancel #STAR CROSSED# that is a awesome series..I love this series it is my beste series ever plaese bring season 2….