Street Hawk: Rex Smith Wants Your Help on Street Hawk Resurrection

Street HawkBack in 1985, ABC aired an action series called Street Hawk. The TV show revolves around public relations cop Jesse Mach (Rex Smith) who gets recruited for a top secret government project — piloting a high-tech and incredibly fast motorcycle. Norman Tuttle (Joe Regalbuto) is the cycle’s inventor and the only one who knows that Mach is actually the mysterious Street Hawk. Other recurring characters are played by Richard Venture, Jeannie Wilson, Raymond Singer, and R.J. Adams

Despite running for just one short season, Street Hawk has attracted a cult following. Smith says he still gets stopped by “men of a certain age” and thinks it’s time for a new version.

He recently told the Daily Record, “I am currently developing a script for a new re-envisioned Street Hawk along with my oldest son Brandon, called Street Hawk Resurrection.”

The actor/singer continued, “Universal Studios has shown interest in the project and I would like to ask all the fans of Street Hawk to e-mail me so that I may show the executives at Universal just what kind of support I have for a new series.”

What do you think? Is the time right for a new, updated version of Street Hawk?

jude February 12, 2014 at 10:54 am

Please have another season of streethawk…I loved it it college…and am waiting for another season..i am 46..but do keep the soundtrack.Hey ,Rex..I thought u looked handsome back then,,and idoled u..by the way I am a tv artist maybe I can have a small role in the new season…I am from India

Danny January 29, 2014 at 10:42 am

I would love to see Street Hawk back on television .But… under one condition it keeps the same theme song .got to keep it

Anonymous January 8, 2014 at 4:28 pm

I would love to see streethawk back it was alot better then knight rider and airwolf. please bring it back

Sharad January 2, 2014 at 10:53 am

Yes Please, would love to watch the “Street Hawk Resurrection”. I am from India, and this should tell you something about the reach that Street Hawk has had. Every time i see an episode of Street Hawk, it reminds me of my younger days as a kid, and still brings out the kid in me. Just like the Night Rider is remade, would really appreciate if folks at Universal take some real interest in taking things forward.

Rex Smith, you have my full support, let me know how we can increase the pool/support and will try everything to do it.

Husain Daud Abidi October 28, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Dear Rex
With all my heart i want this series to come back…….
Its much better concept than all those phony superhero movies that showed up lately.
Do a movie, or Series i will not only welcome this series with open arms but i will personally advertise it with all the sources i got.
You got my full support. But pls use original tune………theme street hawk
Best Wishes and Thumbs up

John W Laing August 26, 2013 at 10:40 am

I would love to see this program remade. Everytime I ride my motorcycle. I can see my reflection in the rev counter. I shake my head very quickly. Just to pretend to be just like Street hawk, doing 300 m p h.

Jason August 2, 2013 at 10:12 pm

I was a big fan as a kid and would love to see this show remade.