Suburgatory: No Season Four, ABC Sitcom Cancelled

Suburgatory season threeAfter three seasons, ABC is moving on. The network has cancelled Suburagatory.

Suburgatory continues the story of single dad George Altman (Jeremy Sisto) and his teenage daughter (Jane Levy) after they move from the city an overly wholesome community in the suburbs. This season, the rest of the cast includes Cheryl Hines, Allie Grant, Ana Gasteyer, Chris Parnell, and Carly Chaikin.

The show premiered in September 2011 to a very strong 3.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.8 million viewers. The numbers dwindled downward over the course of the season but the network renewed it for season two anyway.

Season two started off well but once again, the ratings dwindled downward. This time, ABC gave Suburgatory a limited 13 episode renewal.

In season three, the ratings started pretty low and stayed there. The current season has averaged a 1.6 demo rating with 5.44 million viewers. It’s down 27% in the demo when compared to season two’s average.

The network has now decided to call it quits after 57 episodes. The season (now series) finale of Suburgatory will air next Wednesday, May 14th.

What do you think? Are you sorry that this show has been cancelled? Should it have been renewed for season four? Would you watch it on another channel?

Swedegirl July 31, 2014 at 11:53 am

Def want more of this series!

safiya July 31, 2014 at 9:23 am

please please please!!! make season 4. i think am gonna cry. u just left us hanging in season 3 i want to know more and more and more!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want it to be like how i met your mother it had about 8 0r 9 seasons. why cant suburgatory be like that. it was the only show that kept me entertained! IF YOU MAKE SEASON 4 I WILL BE THE HAPPIEST GIRL IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous July 31, 2014 at 9:16 am

please don’t cancel the show. it ended very well and emotional. it kept me very entertained!

Ella July 31, 2014 at 6:05 am

Get season 4 back, we love this show and we want to see more!!! :(

Amanda July 31, 2014 at 1:52 am

I am so sad this show is being cancelled I love it so much!!! I recently started watching it and I literally watched all three seasons in a week! I was so looking forward to what would happen in season 4!! I hate how all the best TV shows are always cancelled :(

Mikayla July 30, 2014 at 10:41 pm

Don’t cancel the show. I really enjoy the show I have watched all three seasons like 4 times and truely hope for another season.

d July 30, 2014 at 7:40 pm

NOOO WHYYY it was just getting so danm good I think I am going to cry :(

d July 30, 2014 at 7:39 pm

WHY WHY WHY it was just getting so danm good I think I am going to cry

shelbey July 30, 2014 at 1:34 am

Don’t cancel this show its so freaking good you can’t just leave us at that last episode… I mean we need to know what’s going to happen!! Make a season 4 please <3

Libby July 29, 2014 at 8:09 pm

No the show sucks after they got rid of Rex Lee and Alan Tudyk. Without Rex and Alan as a buffer the Shays are no longer funny, they’re super annoying. HATE HATE HATE season 3! If any show deserves to be cancelled, it is Suburgatory!!!

Lee July 29, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Please don’t cancel the show I love it so much

Denise Zeelie July 29, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Just because some people dont find the series entertaining doesnt mean it should be cancelled. A lot of people didnt even know about it.. please dont cancel it.. its a really awesome show!!!

Macy July 29, 2014 at 5:03 pm

They can’t end it they left us at a cliff hanger

Tia July 28, 2014 at 4:45 pm

:o no!!! It was just getting good. that ending!!! It can’t be over. I need to know what happens :/

F July 29, 2014 at 6:39 pm

I know!!!!!!!! OMG idk why but I guess it’s already done, the decision is made. But I will never get over it.

cecilia July 28, 2014 at 12:24 pm

omg I love this show soo much please don’t let it be cancelled please renew it, I want to see what happens, it such an amazing show pretty please with Oreos on top bring it back!!!!!!!