Suburgatory: No Season Four, ABC Sitcom Cancelled

Suburgatory season threeAfter three seasons, ABC is moving on. The network has cancelled Suburagatory.

Suburgatory continues the story of single dad George Altman (Jeremy Sisto) and his teenage daughter (Jane Levy) after they move from the city an overly wholesome community in the suburbs. This season, the rest of the cast includes Cheryl Hines, Allie Grant, Ana Gasteyer, Chris Parnell, and Carly Chaikin.

The show premiered in September 2011 to a very strong 3.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.8 million viewers. The numbers dwindled downward over the course of the season but the network renewed it for season two anyway.

Season two started off well but once again, the ratings dwindled downward. This time, ABC gave Suburgatory a limited 13 episode renewal.

In season three, the ratings started pretty low and stayed there. The current season has averaged a 1.6 demo rating with 5.44 million viewers. It’s down 27% in the demo when compared to season two’s average.

The network has now decided to call it quits after 57 episodes. The season (now series) finale of Suburgatory will air next Wednesday, May 14th.

What do you think? Are you sorry that this show has been cancelled? Should it have been renewed for season four? Would you watch it on another channel?

Sara August 5, 2014 at 6:14 pm

I’m from Denmark, and I really love this show. And the season three finaly made me believe that there would be another season.

Anonymous August 5, 2014 at 4:05 pm

I would watch it on another channel

asis August 5, 2014 at 3:07 pm

WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO US? It was a great show!!

Anonymous August 5, 2014 at 11:51 am

I cannot believe they have cancelled this show. This news has left me extremely sad, even though it’s ‘just a TV programme’. The third season has only just begun being aired on E4 (UK), so surely they could have taken those ratings into consideration before cancelling it? I’m not saying they’d be really high, I just wish someone would renew this show. I honestly would not care if it changed channel; just bring back our show!

ReX Pokemon August 4, 2014 at 8:20 pm

WE NEED SEASON 4

Jen August 4, 2014 at 1:21 pm

I love this show!!! season 3 is only now being aired in the UK and I couldn’t wait to watch it so instead watched it on the internet!!! there NEEDS to be a season 4 to finally conclude Tessa and Ryan’s relationship and also Dallas and George’s relationship at the moment it is inconclusive

Anonymous August 4, 2014 at 7:14 am

i can’t believe they have cancelled this show!? I am in love with it! they have to make a season 4. I would rate it 10/10 for sure!

Anonymous August 3, 2014 at 1:22 pm

i think that it shouldn’t have ended on season 3 because it doesn’t make sense! what will happen to Ryan and Tessa? the story isn’t complete, they cant stop the show until it makes sense.

Sad August 3, 2014 at 1:03 pm

It should be renewed end of atory

rose August 3, 2014 at 7:05 am

I cannot believe they cancelled this show !!

Jessica August 2, 2014 at 9:33 pm

I can’t believe there will be no more suburgatory! I literally spend whole days watching every episode I love it so much (sad- i know :P) but this is my favourite programme and i would watch it all the time if I could. I hope somehow there does turn out to be a series 4+. I’m from England and used to watch the show on E4- now i watch it on the internet. Please bring it back!

Jessica August 2, 2014 at 9:34 pm

I would are the show 5 out of 5 for sure!

Jessica August 2, 2014 at 9:34 pm

rate*

Lucie August 2, 2014 at 8:52 pm

This show is one of my favourites I’m so pissed they cancelled it, please bring it back!!!

elliott August 2, 2014 at 3:35 pm

loved the show especially Dalia and Dallas Royce in their skimpy outfits.
Please bring it back.

Harriet August 1, 2014 at 2:57 pm

You can’t end this show after showing the final episode of series 3… the reason why viewing “dwindle” is because of the year gaps between bringing out the series, people loose track of when it comes back on or when it will be shown again

Charlene McQuarrie August 1, 2014 at 3:42 am

I am from south africa, please don’t cancelled this shows it is frigging awesome, and not just for the younger generations, but for us older people to I am in my 50 and cant wait to see each episode