Suburgatory: Warner Bros Wants Season Four of Cancelled Sitcom

Suburgatory season four?After three seasons and 57 episodes, ABC cancelled Suburgatory late last week. The sitcom’s never been a a hit in the ratings but the studio isn’t ready to let it go just yet.

Suburgatory follows the story of a single dad (Jeremy Sisto) who moves his teenage daughter (Jane Levy) from the city to an overly wholesome community in the suburbs. The rest of the cast includes Cheryl Hines, Allie Grant, Ana Gasteyer, Chris Parnell, and Carly Chaikin.

Deadline reports that Warner Bros, the studio that produces Suburgatory, is looking for a new home for the single-camera comedy — much like ABC Studios did when Cougar Town was cancelled after three seasons a few years back.

Suburgatory is close to having enough episodes for a syndication package, the sales of which can bring in a lot cash for the studio. As a result, Warner Bros may be able to offer a cable channel like TBS a very attractive price for picking up Suburgatory for a fourth season. I’ll keep you posted.

What do you think? Would you like to see Suburgatory return for a fourth season? Would you follow the series to cable?

alex November 25, 2014 at 4:51 pm

This show is amazing! It’s superficial and deep all at the same time and the end of season 3!! You can’t leave it like that! So much potential!

Hester November 25, 2014 at 11:54 am

*drawl dalia voice* Seriously you guys….like, seriously bring it back, ‘kay?’ No seriously someone should give us series 4, Dallas & Dalia are hands down the funniest duo on Tv. I’m a little late on this thread, I know, but can’t believe it was dropped :( Carly Chaikin should get an Oscar….or something

Sarah November 21, 2014 at 5:19 pm

I just finishe watching the third season and C’MOOOOON!
YOU CANT LEAVE US HANGING
pleeeeeeeease!!! I really hope it gets renewed…it has to..it MUST!
whats gonna happen with Ryan and Tessa…WHAT’S GONNA HAPPEN?

Christi November 20, 2014 at 12:03 pm

PLEASE bring this show back! This is one of the funniest and funnEST shows on TV! My daughter and I flippin’ LOVE Suburgatory!!

Stefanie November 17, 2014 at 10:05 am

YES!! Bring back Suburgatory!! I can’t believe this show was ever cancelled. My husband and I loved watching this show with our teenaged daughters. Even my pre-teen boys enjoyed this show! It’s a great sitcom & we miss it.

D November 15, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Bring Suburgatory back, its great entertainment, you can’t leave us hanging like that without knowing what happens to Tessa & Ryan. I’m sick of the American TV companies cancelling show’s all the time, doesn’t overseas rating count at all? They did the same with The Tomorrow People, I hope they don’t cancel The 100 as well.

alex November 25, 2014 at 4:52 pm

They cancelled The Tomorrow People!!!?