Suburgatory: Warner Bros Wants Season Four of Cancelled Sitcom

Suburgatory season four?After three seasons and 57 episodes, ABC cancelled Suburgatory late last week. The sitcom’s never been a a hit in the ratings but the studio isn’t ready to let it go just yet.

Suburgatory follows the story of a single dad (Jeremy Sisto) who moves his teenage daughter (Jane Levy) from the city to an overly wholesome community in the suburbs. The rest of the cast includes Cheryl Hines, Allie Grant, Ana Gasteyer, Chris Parnell, and Carly Chaikin.

Deadline reports that Warner Bros, the studio that produces Suburgatory, is looking for a new home for the single-camera comedy — much like ABC Studios did when Cougar Town was cancelled after three seasons a few years back.

Suburgatory is close to having enough episodes for a syndication package, the sales of which can bring in a lot cash for the studio. As a result, Warner Bros may be able to offer a cable channel like TBS a very attractive price for picking up Suburgatory for a fourth season. I’ll keep you posted.

What do you think? Would you like to see Suburgatory return for a fourth season? Would you follow the series to cable?

Eliza January 27, 2015 at 2:39 pm

I will miss this show, it was quirky and fun with good dialog. I hope a cable channel will pick this show up, you can have various story lines after all wouldn’t it make for more options if you checked in with all these characters some in new environments and some at home dealing with continued story plots?? Have Tess and daly a get into the same college and dalya ask to room with Tess; have the newly weds go off to another school and try to figure out how to be young and have fun while trying to make a marriage work. Have whom ever the nights show focused on talk on the phone to do the close out for the evening. Just because they are college age and the dynamics are changing doesn’t mean the show must end!!

I agree about the neighbors, it was a fun show to watch, I hate that it got canceled before it really got a chance!! But super fun night SUCKed it was one that shouldn’t have continued. I love the actress, she is fun and spirited and pulls off saying inappropriate things , but the shows premise and dialog didn’t fit her and would have sucked no matter who they put into the lead. Give that girl a show where she is sexually confident where despite her dress size she’s got lovers and admirers and confidence, much like her character in pitch perfect, that’s the personality type that she makes so enjoyable. Get her a show like that.

Pauly January 12, 2015 at 9:18 pm

One of my favorites…(Suburgatory) cancelled AGAIN!!!!!! You SUCK ABC !!!!!! I’m DONE with you if you (also) cancel The Middle OR Resurrection !!!! QUIT IT !!!!!! You have canceled ALL of my favorites!!! Subugatory, Super Fun Night, The Neighbors, Family Tools, Ben and Kate. I also loved The B in Apt C and Raising Hope although they weren’t on abc. WHO makes these decisions ??????? WHO ??????? not overly smart people I’d say. If you had stopped moving these shows around so no one could find them to watch…we could have watched them. Oh well, too late now!!

SHAHNAZ January 15, 2015 at 8:53 pm

I really like The B in Apt C too……Super Fun night was going places too. I was sooooo looking forward to watching Suburgatory again. These people SUCKKKKKK. I remember years ago when “3rd rock from the sun” was on, they moved it around so many times that it lost viewers….it was a fantastic show.

Sarah January 11, 2015 at 1:07 am

OMG NOOO!! How can they say that The sitcom’s never been a a hit in the ratings. HOW??? when you look up the ratings it gets a 7/10 thats an pretty good number!!

Karen January 10, 2015 at 11:40 pm

Love this show! Please bring it back!

Sophie January 6, 2015 at 12:33 pm

What’s going to happen with Ryan and Tessan?.

Sophie January 6, 2015 at 12:35 pm

I wrote Tessa and It changed to Tessan

Sophie January 6, 2015 at 12:25 pm

I,ve been watching this show sine it’s started and I can’t believe it’s being canceled it ws the best TV show EVER

Karen January 4, 2015 at 7:09 am

I honestly can’t understand why this show was cancelled. It was fantastic. It was so clever, so funny. I can not fault this show and it needs to be brought back for season 4. Best television I have seen in a long time, that isn’t about killing and violence. Granted I love me some violence in TV, but Suburgatory was 100% the most refreshing television show to watch and really needs to be continued.

HHHarry January 3, 2015 at 8:25 pm

Just realised after spending the while of Christmas watching Season 2 & 3 that it has been cancelled. Why do the good ones end too soon?? If I had known I would have asked Santa for a Season 4. Fingers crossed someone will pick it up.

Silke January 2, 2015 at 7:22 pm

PLEASE BRING IT BACK! IT’S ONE MY FAVOuRITE SHOWS! And I rarely get attached to shows!

frances January 1, 2015 at 8:53 pm