Suburgatory: Warner Bros Wants Season Four of Cancelled Sitcom

Suburgatory season four?After three seasons and 57 episodes, ABC cancelled Suburgatory late last week. The sitcom’s never been a a hit in the ratings but the studio isn’t ready to let it go just yet.

Suburgatory follows the story of a single dad (Jeremy Sisto) who moves his teenage daughter (Jane Levy) from the city to an overly wholesome community in the suburbs. The rest of the cast includes Cheryl Hines, Allie Grant, Ana Gasteyer, Chris Parnell, and Carly Chaikin.

Deadline reports that Warner Bros, the studio that produces Suburgatory, is looking for a new home for the single-camera comedy — much like ABC Studios did when Cougar Town was cancelled after three seasons a few years back.

Suburgatory is close to having enough episodes for a syndication package, the sales of which can bring in a lot cash for the studio. As a result, Warner Bros may be able to offer a cable channel like TBS a very attractive price for picking up Suburgatory for a fourth season. I’ll keep you posted.

What do you think? Would you like to see Suburgatory return for a fourth season? Would you follow the series to cable?

kkitto August 3, 2014 at 5:16 pm

I would love the show to continue! I missed couple episodes of Season 2 last year and can’t find a way to watch them online except in Australia – does anyone know I a Season 2 DVVD is in the works? Maybe it depends on the fate of the show in general.

Toni August 3, 2014 at 2:25 pm

PLEASEEEE! don’t go away, this is the only sitcom I watch regularly. The show synopsis is so original, and the characters soooo endearing. “Tessa” is an adorable and terrific actress, I know this is her first job, or close to it. WONDERful show and casts!!

Hafsah July 31, 2014 at 10:03 pm

PLEEEAAASE KEEP IT! I love suburgatory! It’s my all time favourite show I really don’t want it to be cancelled! It’s hilarious

Anonymous July 26, 2014 at 4:57 pm

PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEAAAAAASSSEEEEE BRING IT BACK!!!!!!

Vicky July 25, 2014 at 8:19 pm

I can’t believe my favourite sitcom is being cancelled after 3 super funny seasons… one of the most stupid things is that I got to know about it only now, about 2 months later. That is what living in Asia means:) Yeah, by the way, there are fans of Subutgatory even in Russia and Asia! I hope it means something…
I love Lisa and Dalia and George Altman so much.. It would be difficult to live without this sitcom, it is so funny, and I’d need to search for a new one…

Anonymous July 23, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Please keep this show, i love it

Becca Algozzino July 22, 2014 at 8:54 am

Nooooo!!!! Please don’t cancel Subugatory!!!

R s July 20, 2014 at 6:10 pm

I just spent a week binge watching suburgatory, which accidentally became my favourite show. Until Sunday, 11:30, literally the end of the week when I go to click the “next episode” button and there IS NO NEXT EPISODE! Now obviously I knew that the end of the series was inevitable somewhere along the line but not THEN! Not like THIS! I frantically began searching the internet for explanations. Has the next episode simply not aired yet? Was there some sort of glitch on the app I was using? Perhaps they had just decided on a randomly short series for some reason? No. CANCELED! right slap bang in the middle of a series. And why? Because stupid ABC says it doesn’t get enough views…well ABC if you asked E4 the channel that plays it in England I’ll think you’ll find the views are quite a bit higher! Like seriously they cancel this but not “the middle”?! What’s up with that!

I’m so mad right now.

I’m so done.

Anonymous July 20, 2014 at 7:03 am

DONT CANCEL I LOVEEEEEE YOU

edna July 19, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Please Please Don’t Cancel Please Its a Great Show Please I have it to automatically record…I just do that with shows that I LOVE LOVE and Suburgatory Is One! Please Don’t Cancel. Keep Me Posted About What Is Going To Happen Please….Thank You.

Anonymous July 16, 2014 at 4:08 pm

we need a ending after that last episode

Anonymous July 18, 2014 at 2:43 pm

ikr. i hope it goes on. it cant just end just like that :(((

Anonymous July 21, 2014 at 2:27 pm

We sure do! And what is up with the undressing in the street? They could have easily just made out in the garage or something. The ending was a little too ridiculous but I did like the show.

Vicky July 25, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Definitely! And the undressing was so typical of the Subutgatory… How can we live now without knowing what finally happened..:(

Saskia July 15, 2014 at 11:15 pm

Of Course it should continue, it is brilliant, exaggerated and hilarious. Its one of the few shows i find bearable and its relatable. AND HOW THE HELL CAN THEY LEAVE IT WHEN IT ENDED LIKE THAT. I need to know, they have gotten me hooked now, they cant just leave me hanging.

Rachel July 15, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Love this show. I’d follow it anywhere!

Jess (Jessica) July 14, 2014 at 10:40 am

I ABSOLUTELY love this comedy and the actors! I feel this show is another version of Modern Family, and explores and digs dipper into modern day life as a teenager, and as a single parent! DON’T GIVE UP ON SUBURGATORY!

gingetr July 14, 2014 at 1:01 am

This show is such an exaggerated comedy. We absolutely love it ! Bold and clever. In a world where we are now so afraid to inadvertently offend someone. I feel this show relieves that pressure so that we can finally relax and laugh at ourselves sometimes.